Conquer Club

Curia Regis

Tournaments in progress

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Curia Regis

Postby dwilhelmi on Wed May 24, 2023 2:22 pm

House Stabilis ad Victoriam, answering the call. Home settings: poly3, NS, Unlimited, Foggy, Trench
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby Devante on Wed May 24, 2023 2:31 pm

dwilhelmi wrote:House Stabilis ad Victoriam, answering the call. Home settings: poly3, NS, Unlimited, Foggy, Trench

Welcome House Stabilis ad Victoriam. May you be second only to House Mirabile optimum semper on your journey.

novem houses so far
Major Devante

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed May 24, 2023 2:40 pm

Devante wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:I'll play as long as the games won't be sent out faster than 1 set per week.

KCII - Poly 4 - NS, Ch, F, No Trench

I expect each set will last a couple of weeks given the map size and poly being an option

Yes, but I meant how often you sent them out. If you will wait those weeks to send then that's fine, but will likely be a long tourney haha
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Devante on Wed May 24, 2023 2:57 pm

Ya it will take a while. Most likely will send out the next set as rounds are completed or near completion. A round/set out every couple of weeks would be my goal
Major Devante

Postby mr_inverto on Wed May 24, 2023 5:31 pm

Hi if you're still accepting new players I'd love to join.

1v1, fog, parachute, flat and trench for me. Thanks for organising!
Major mr_inverto

Postby Devante on Wed May 24, 2023 5:39 pm

Welcome House domine invertitur. Need six more
Major Devante

Postby hjelp on Wed May 24, 2023 11:02 pm

KCII - Poly 2 - NS, Ch, F, No Trench

Casa della Venere.

ok? 8-)Thanks
Lieutenant hjelp

Postby Devante on Thu May 25, 2023 11:14 am

12 Houses have laid claim to the Kings Court (duo), 12 houses have begun their maneuvering and manipulating. Daes Dae'mar is in full swing.

Already Casa Calceus has attempted to lay claim against Casa Mirabile optimum semper's rights as head of the council. And Casa Trafalgar Lex has sent his Spaniard of a son to court Casa x viarum's daughter behind the scenes, without a formal request. Do not think these insults have gone unnoticed. You must be subtle in the ways of Daes Dae'mar. Or you will find a knife in your back before you've ordered the launch of your first Treb.

The Court awaits the entry of the remaining houses who wish to challenge this fine group of nobles. The council of 12 welcomes any noble blood, as they would welcome a lamb to slaughter. Blood will be shed on the Kings Court floor...This is the way...
Last edited by Devante on Fri May 26, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Thu May 25, 2023 9:20 pm

Casa Mirabile optimum semper has been offended yet again, this time by Casa soni fluctus, who attests, by their houses name, that House optimum's ioculator falls short of the task. This is a most grievous claim and will not go unnoticed.

Tell me then, if our house jester is so shameful and inadequate at his performance, how then could he be the jest of the court? Have you listened to him good sir? Have you enjoyed his merry? Alas, i will present to the rest of you peasants a sample of a few tidbits of his repertoire:

A young Florentine was going down to River Arno with one of those nets in which they wash wool, and met a frolicsome boy, who, out of fun, asked him what birds he was going to catch with that net of his? “I am going to the Brothel’s outlet,” replied the youth, “to spread my net there, and catch your mother.” “Mind you search the place carefully,” retorted the boy, “for you will be sure to find yours there also.”

I knew an old Bishop who had lost some of his teeth, and complained of others being so loose that he was afraid they would soon fall out. “Never fear,” said one of his friends, “they won’t fall.” “And why not?” enquired the Bishop. His friend replied, “Because my testicles have been hanging loose for the last forty years, as if they were going to fall off, and yet, there they are still.”

And one of house Mirabile optimum semper's favourites;

In Florence, a young woman, somewhat of a simpleton, was on the point of delivering a baby. She had long been enduring acute pain, and the midwife, candle in hand, inspected her secret area, in order to ascertain if the child was coming. “Look also on the other side,” said the poor creature, “my husband has sometimes taken that road.”

Just delightful. Shame on house soni fluctus. My blade will be all your house will have left to endure at this disgrace.

More houses are welcome to get this conflict underway, add your house and settings. House Mirabile optimum semper awaits your houses challenge
Major Devante

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat May 27, 2023 8:47 pm

Devante wrote: And Casa Trafalgar Lex has sent his Spaniard of a son to court Casa x viarum's daughter behind the scenes, without a formal request.

I'm pretty sure my house is aiming higher than Casa x viarum
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby josko.ri on Sun May 28, 2023 9:07 am

count me in.
KC2, Flat Rate, Adjacent, Sunny, 100 Rounds Limit
Major josko.ri

Postby Devante on Sun May 28, 2023 3:29 pm

josko.ri wrote:count me in.
KC2, Flat Rate, Adjacent, Sunny, 100 Rounds Limit

1vs1 or poly? And round limits are 20 or 30 pending on the format choice.
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Sun May 28, 2023 7:38 pm

House victor paulisper joins the council. 1vs1 his weapon of choice, mano a mano, with some interesting settings.

Are there 3 more houses in this pool of peasants up for the challenge?
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Sun May 28, 2023 7:41 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
Devante wrote: And Casa Trafalgar Lex has sent his Spaniard of a son to court Casa x viarum's daughter behind the scenes, without a formal request.

I'm pretty sure my house is aiming higher than Casa x viarum

Another attack on house x viarum, not only on your backhand play but now also his status...Shame....Shame....Shame....
Major Devante

Postby General Bax on Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:13 am

In please, egypt-nubia, Poly 2, Chained, flat, no special
Corporal General Bax

Postby SoN!c on Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:40 am

Love it, Josko Rex Magnus Stupor Mundi CC in the House
et qui vocat illum mirabile, Sonus Latro calcitrant asinum, ego sum vilis, ego vilis in asinum - arte et marte

Don't reply by saying Asinus asinum fricat
Major SoN!c

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:49 pm

KCII poly(2) parachute no spoils chained fog.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Devante on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:29 am

SoN!c wrote:Love it, Josko Rex Magnus Stupor Mundi CC in the House
et qui vocat illum mirabile, Sonus Latro calcitrant asinum, ego sum vilis, ego vilis in asinum - arte et marte

Don't reply by saying Asinus asinum fricat

Asinus et hircus fricat
Major Devante

Postby SoN!c on Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:34 am

SoN!c wrote:I would like to play too but perhaps i should not be "trespassing"?. So asking first if its ok to join?, if not np at all - i understand.

Ps: Home settings would not be trench.

Thx for calling me hircus, "Hircus Sonus Latro" sounds a real Roman name too, but you wanna be in medieval times and Looks like there is still some friction, np i understand like i said before, so im outta here.

Have fun, looks like a great tournament, nice job by Devante =D>

Later daze.
Major SoN!c

Postby Devante on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:07 am

SoN!c wrote:
SoN!c wrote:I would like to play too but perhaps i should not be "trespassing"?. So asking first if its ok to join?, if not np at all - i understand.

Thx for calling me hircus, "Hircus Sonus Latro" sounds a real Roman name too, but you wanna be in medieval times and Looks like there is still some friction, np i understand like i said before, so im outta here.

Later daze.

No idea what the hell you're rambling about. You posted "Asinus asinum fricat", which transalated to "Donkey rubs donkey". Was weird but kinda funny, so I replied "Asinus et hircus fricat", translated to "Rubs the donkey and the goat". Now you're going off on some weird tangent, taking offense over something I got no idea what, maybe you don't like goats I don't know, and for some reason think there's some massive personal grudge that exists that like i've said before, doesn't, I don't care. And now things have gone to an even weirder place, yet again unsurprisingly.

So no worries, i'll remove you from the list. Best of luck
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:18 am

Welcome House Generalis Bax (General Bax) and House gallico Donelladan (Donelladan).

Looking for 2 more houses to join the fray
Major Devante

Postby SoN!c on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:30 am

Devante wrote:
SoN!c wrote:

Later daze.

No idea what the hell you're rambling about. You posted "Asinus asinum fricat", which transalated to "Donkey rubs donkey". Was weird but kinda funny, so I replied "Asinus et hircus fricat", translated to "Rubs the donkey and the goat". Now you're going off on some weird tangent, taking offense over something I got no idea what, maybe you don't like goats I don't know, and for some reason think there's some massive personal grudge that exists that like i've said before, doesn't, I don't care. And now things have gone to an even weirder place, yet again unsurprisingly.

So no worries, i'll remove you from the list. Best of luck

Casa Mirabile optimum semper has been offended yet again, this time by Casa soni fluctus, who attests, ..

You started the babling buddy - this thread is all over with mumbo jumbo.. "casa soni fluctus".. court jester .. and get to know latin proverbs id say

Shame on house soni fluctus. My blade will be all your house will have left to endure at this disgrace.

"Shame on house soni fluctus"?? But "no idea" right?..

Ps:

Expression latine, elle est littéralement traduite par "L'âne frotte l'âne ". Les ânes, réputés pour leur imbécilité, se frotteraient donc l'un à l'autre lorsqu'ils se reconnaissent. Deux imbéciles qui se côtoient auraient donc tendance à se congratuler entre eux. It does NOT mean "donkey rubs donkey" lmao
Major SoN!c

Postby Devante on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:19 pm

Sigh. Your house name was Casa soni fluctus (SoN!c), which translates to House sound waves in Old Latin. Sonic, sound waves, get it. I am translating to old latin in the theme so it is closer to the roman empire and partly medieval times, hence the jokes, as a filler to get a tourney theme going with gameplay. If I wanted to stick to latin derived I would either type in Portuguese or Italian which I can do and then would not be google translating everything I've written to try and write it as old latin. And google translate isn't great so it's close not perfect. For my forum posts and to get some Daes Dae'mar going (that's game of houses in Wheel of Time for those that don't know), I thought i'd picked players who were more involved in the posts and who probably wouldn't care or take offence, trying to make it a fun tourney after all. Hence Traf and you were picked but obviously that was an obvious error on my part. It seems if I breath the wrong way you seem to take it as a personal slight. I don't understand the hard on for me, but I am flattered so Thanks. Your translation works from french to english as an entire paragraph quite nicely, but not from Old Latin. So again, Latin derived, not Old Latin. Anyways this has gotten annoying but so the other participates in the tourney understand the theme a little better moving forward I'm wasting my time responding to your nonsense. Now, simply move along since you've withdrawn from the tourney and stop making yourself look like a actual jester.
Major Devante

Postby SoN!c on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:28 pm

Hi buddy, i played along with yout latin story telling part but then getting called "court jester" and the message "Shame on house soni fluctus. My blade will be all your house will have left to endure at this disgrace." gets me the idea im unwanted here. Im sure you understand.

Feel kinda bad about it, i congratsd you even about the tourney but its pretty clear im unwanted here
Major SoN!c

PreviousNext

Return to Ongoing