Conquer Club

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Tourney-Challenge 1!

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby riggable on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:00 am

The school listings are up! check the first page. I'm just waiting on AK or Hugh. To give me Tourney Privelages so we can get this tournament rolling.
Sergeant riggable

Postby flaming_psycho on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:13 am

Dang yo, I totally wanted to go to Durmstrang lol,but i guess i'll just have to be foxy hahaha :lol:
Cadet flaming_psycho

Postby djak. on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:28 am

Then, these three witches or wizards take part in three highly different challenges. [...] the other 3 champions, will play Three 4-player games amongst each other, each game representing one of the three challenges.

What maps, game types, orders, cards, and forts will be used for the 4-player games? Hopefully some complex maps like Age of merchants, Siege!, and/or Space.

points will be given according to what place these four players come in.
The player with the highest points after these 3 games will be dubbed the "Triwizard Cup Champion"!

How do the points work?
Lieutenant djak.

Postby riggable on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:50 am

djak. wrote:
Then, these three witches or wizards take part in three highly different challenges. [...] the other 3 champions, will play Three 4-player games amongst each other, each game representing one of the three challenges.

What maps, game types, orders, cards, and forts will be used for the 4-player games? Hopefully some complex maps like Age of merchants, Siege!, and/or Space.

points will be given according to what place these four players come in.
The player with the highest points after these 3 games will be dubbed the "Triwizard Cup Champion"!

How do the points work?

The preliminary 6 player round will be classic/seq/unlim/flat rate.

After that, three challenges will each be a different map. I'm thinking of Ireland for challenge one (the dragons one), Carribean Islands for challenge two (the underwater one), and Siege! for challenge three ( the maze one)
however, if anyone has any opinions on better choices for these maps, please let me know.
Sergeant riggable

Postby djak. on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:11 am

riggable wrote:
djak. wrote:What maps, game types, orders, cards, and forts will be used for the 4-player games? Hopefully some complex maps like Age of merchants, Siege!, and/or Space.

After that, three challenges will each be a different map. I'm thinking of Ireland for challenge one (the dragons one), Carribean Islands for challenge two (the underwater one), and Siege! for challenge three ( the maze one)
however, if anyone has any opinions on better choices for these maps, please let me know.

I've had some fun games on Ireland and the Caribbean, but maybe replace Caribbean with Age of merchants? That map is amazing.

As long as we don't have to play crossword, circus maximus (especially that new tiny area image), or chinese checkers, I'm happy.

djak. wrote:
riggable wrote:points will be given according to what place these four players come in.

How do the points work?
Lieutenant djak.

Postby Coleman on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:27 am

I don't recall that the challengers in the tournament in the book were allowed to pick what they were going to do and that they usually didn't know what was about to happen until right before. So for those reasons I'd prefer to be kept in the dark as much as possible.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Katya on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:25 pm

Great! :) I got in Hogwarts!! :D :) :)
Captain Katya

Postby riggable on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Coleman wrote:I don't recall that the challengers in the tournament in the book were allowed to pick what they were going to do and that they usually didn't know what was about to happen until right before. So for those reasons I'd prefer to be kept in the dark as much as possible.

Wonderful Idea.
Sergeant riggable

Postby riggable on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:14 pm

Oh and the Points will go as such:

First place will recieve 90 points
Second Place will recieve 75 points
Third Place will recieve 65 points
Fourth Place will recieve 50 points.

All the passwords have been PMed to all the players, so the games should be filling up soon. Good luck to everyone!
Sergeant riggable

Postby djak. on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:54 am

Can isodice, kohts, or tabsnake take hellfish's place in Hogwarts? hellfish still hasn't joined, missed 1 turn so far in active game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=665039, and missed 2 turns in finished game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=623830.
Lieutenant djak.

Postby riggable on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:30 am

djak. wrote:Can isodice, kohts, or tabsnake take hellfish's place in Hogwarts? hellfish still hasn't joined, missed 1 turn so far in active game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=665039, and missed 2 turns in finished game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=623830.

I pmed Hellfish, and he pmed me back saying he'd join the game. He hasn't yet, so I've PMed one more time, If i dont get a response soon ill give isodice the final spot in hogwarts as he is the first on the reserves list.
Sergeant riggable

Postby riggable on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:43 am

Just an update: everyone has joined there games and things seem to be going smoothly. :D
Sergeant riggable

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:53 pm

I won in Hogwarts

Game 677526
Round 20
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby riggable on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:53 pm

The First Challenge!

After the Goblet of Fire had chosen the champions, Vykingsfan64 from BeauxBatons, Ghost_Rider from Durmstrang, and LSU Tiger Josh along with Paintball_Rat from Hogwarts, everyone was ready for the first challenge. Congratulations to all the champions.

I've pmed all four champions with the password for the first game. The specs are as follows: British Isles map, Seq/Flat/Unlimited.

First place will recieve 90 points
Second Place will recieve 75 points
Third Place will recieve 65 points
Fourth Place will recieve 50 points.

Also, I'll be gone for the next 10 days, so hopefully you guys will have finished this game by the time i get back so i can start the second challenge then :)

Best of luck to you four, and to the rest of the people who were eliminated, try to cheer on your champion at some point in the game.

Riggable
Sergeant riggable

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:38 am

The pw I received didn't work
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:41 am

If your passwords don't work add an "s" to the end to make it plural. The singular form doesn't work.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Previous

Return to Abandoned