Conquer Club

CC City Mogul [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DiM on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:49 am

yeti_c wrote:
mibi wrote:now thats thinking outside the proverbial box, well done.

Word.

C.

thanks guys. :D

then i guess i'll wait for oaktown's visit again.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 am

Do you have an image with starting neutrals and starting position numbers? This will make oaktowns job easier when he arrives :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:47 pm

here it is:

all starting armies are marked on the map.
the starting positions for each player are marked with the same colour.
ofcourse the shop and home marked with red army might end up at the cyan player because it's random but the idea is that the shop and house with red army will always belong to 1 player.

“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Blue house and yellow factory are way to close and easily make a 1st turn advantage for blue house with decent dice.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 pm

true. i don't know how i missed that. will rearange.
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Also cyan/teal colored house and shops are almost invisable to me. If I wasn't looknig for them I wouldnt of known they where there. A nice black stroke or a darker glow may help this but im not really sure.

Another worrying thought is that because your using a strong blue background some colors may appear similar in gameplay e.g. blue and green armie colours could appear similar.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Herakilla on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 pm

tsk tsk dim, you need to get on the ball!
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Herakilla wrote:tsk tsk dim, you need to get on the ball!

He is such a disapointment these days . . .

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Herakilla on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:04 pm

gimil wrote:
Herakilla wrote:tsk tsk dim, you need to get on the ball!

He is such a disapointment these days . . .

:(
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:44 am

V10

tweaked the gameplay and changed some borders. now the enemies are right in next to you in a very weird situation.

Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am

gimil wrote:Also cyan/teal colored house and shops are almost invisable to me. If I wasn't looknig for them I wouldnt of known they where there. A nice black stroke or a darker glow may help this but im not really sure.

Another worrying thought is that because your using a strong blue background some colors may appear similar in gameplay e.g. blue and green armie colours could appear similar.

CYAN CYAN CYAN - It's not Teal!!!

But yes I agree...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:00 am

yeti_c wrote:
gimil wrote:Also cyan/teal colored house and shops are almost invisable to me. If I wasn't looknig for them I wouldnt of known they where there. A nice black stroke or a darker glow may help this but im not really sure.

CYAN CYAN CYAN - It's not Teal!!!

But yes I agree...

C.

will see. problem is that if i add a stroke to those. i have to add to the others. i'll see about it. i'll also toy with the background to see if i can do something.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:39 am

v11

after trying glows and strokes and stuff like that on icons i found nothing that looked good. so i started tweaking the background but by making it lighter and lighter i totally strayed from the blueprint feeling so now i give you the whiteprint (cairns and yeti please shut up)

if anybody still has issues seeing icons or text then i'll officially tell you you're blind as a bat.
edit// i forgot the sig opacity at 100% i will tone it down in the next update.
Major DiM

Postby I GOT SERVED on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:45 pm

You have a 4-way border between p7, p8, p9 and p10. Not sure if this was intended or not.

If it was, then ignore the above message.

Also, I like this map, and I love the progress it's made. Keep up the excellent work!

Highest score: 2512
Highest rank: 424
Captain I GOT SERVED

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:58 pm

I GOT SERVED wrote:You have a 4-way border between p7, p8, p9 and p10. Not sure if this was intended or not.

If it was, then ignore the above message.

Also, I like this map, and I love the progress it's made. Keep up the excellent work!

i guess i'll have to add somewhere that there are no diagonal attacks
Major DiM

Postby FreeMan10 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:28 pm

DiM wrote:i guess i'll have to add somewhere that there are no diagonal attacks

There's a 4-way at G2 G3 G5 G6, also. Just in case you were going to specify the one junction in the message.
Cadet FreeMan10

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:33 pm

FreeMan10 wrote:
DiM wrote:i guess i'll have to add somewhere that there are no diagonal attacks

There's a 4-way at G2 G3 G5 G6, also. Just in case you were going to specify the one junction in the message.

yep i know thanks. i will probably insert a general message.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:18 am

so, any other comments? other than the diagonal attacks which will be solved in the next update?
Major DiM

Postby fireedud on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:34 am

I don't like the shadows of the paper in the whiteprint.
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 am

fireedud wrote:I don't like the shadows of the paper in the whiteprint.

what shadows? i have a lot of different shadows on the map. tell me which ones and what exactly you don't like about them and i'll see what i can do.

btw those are the same shadows as the blueprint. so normally there shouldn't be anything wrong with them :?
Major DiM

Postby fireedud on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:45 am

DiM wrote:

what shadows? i have a lot of different shadows on the map. tell me which ones and what exactly you don't like about them and i'll see what i can do.

btw those are the same shadows as the blueprint. so normally there shouldn't be anything wrong with them :?

the shadows of the paper itself, where the creases are. It just sticks out on the white paper, but not the blue paper.
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby Herakilla on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:05 pm

fireedud wrote:
DiM wrote:

the shadows of the paper itself, where the creases are. It just sticks out on the white paper, but not the blue paper.

i think it sticks out more on the blue because there it looks more like a random line
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:20 pm

fireedud says they stick out on white herakilla says they stick out on blue. i say they stick out the same. as they should.
Major DiM

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:34 pm

i dont like the white print. go back to the blueprint
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby volfan on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:40 pm

This might also be used as a game setting. You can choose at the start a game menu wether or not to multiply the armies.

GO VOLS!!!
Sergeant 1st Class volfan

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas