Conquer Club

[Rules] Reduce time for subsequent missed turns

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Rules] Reduce time for subsequent missed turns

Postby britarmy on Sun May 14, 2006 1:36 pm

[MOD EDIT: Topic concerns allowing less time for players who missed their previous turn. Title edited to reflect that. --agentcom]

24 hours is a long time to wait for a deadbeat should you consider reducing the time. Sometimes u get more than 1 and it gets a bit boring. Also persistent offenders should be banned just a suggestion but its not up to me.
User avatar
Private britarmy
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Scotland
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

MISSING TURNS,,,,,,,,,,, NEW IDEA

Postby dugcarr1 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:10 am

after missing first turn after 24 hours you only have 12 hours on your 2nd turn and 6 hours on your last,

i think this is a fair solution to a huge problem


and i think chuck norris would agree
User avatar
Captain dugcarr1
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 am
Location: WEST COAST, CANADA

Postby AK_iceman on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:29 am

I disagree.

And Chuck Norris is stupid.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman
 
Posts: 5699
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

ok

Postby dugcarr1 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:45 am

how much is CC paying u?

and when was the last time u watched a delta force movie?
User avatar
Captain dugcarr1
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 am
Location: WEST COAST, CANADA

ok

Postby dugcarr1 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:13 am

ok iceboy,,,

shut your fucking trap.

just because you have the title turnemnt director and have a mountain of free time on your hands because u live in alaksa dosnt give u the right to even read my ideas on playing new recruits, let alone reply (along with your other 2655 posts).

your week ass hasnt played a new recruit in over 100 games ( i checked)

u just play your smae old games with the same old guys, excluding ALL new people.
i know im not incharge here but i dont want anyone with any power here playing with that kinda ignorance or intolerance towards new recruits.

so start giving new players a chance or stop talking about them like u actually give them the time a day to even play 1 game with them. \\

and watch watch what u say about chuck norris or u may find yourself getting a round house kick to the melon.
User avatar
Captain dugcarr1
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 am
Location: WEST COAST, CANADA

Re: ok

Postby Telvannia on Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:30 am

dugcarr1 wrote: your week ass hasnt played a new recruit in over 100 games ( i checked)


and you said he had too much free time :shock:
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby tals on Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:18 am

Effectively DuggC what you are saying is people shouldn't be away from the Internet for 2 days because your solution will Dead Beat them in 1 day 18 hours.

Of course you could change the deadbeat rules but it's still open to abuse. So i'm with AK.

Tals
Sergeant tals
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: UK
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

ff

Postby dugcarr1 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:10 am

u can do what u wish to stop the abuse,,,,

this is about people waiting less time and getting less anyoyed with missed turns
User avatar
Captain dugcarr1
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 am
Location: WEST COAST, CANADA

Postby sully800 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:50 pm

But the whole point of people not being kicked out after missing a turn is so they can have a lift outside of CC and go away for a weekend if they want to. I guarantee lack won't like the proposed change because it doesn't solve any problems, it just shortens the time that you can be away which I don't believe he wants to do.

By the way, it doesn't make much sense to me to make fun of someone for not having a life and then in the same post propose a system that would make sure you couldn't be gone for 2 days straight. :roll:
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby RexRegis on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:57 pm

I think he just as me is tired of games that takes weeks just because players that doesn't log on very often take time...

of course you may have a life and of course you can go away, but if you go away you shouldn't be involved in a game and if you are it isn't to weird if you get kicked out.

when you join a game you have some responsibility against the other players. I joined this site to play and have fun, but I don't have the extra cash to become a premium member so I have to stick with 4 games at the time.
if I get stuck in 4 slow games all the fun goes away.

but there is already plans of making timed RT games so I will just wait for those.
I could say something interesting, but I wont
User avatar
Sergeant RexRegis
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:43 am
Location: Sweden
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby ertang on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:05 pm

on another note, the 1 day and 18 hours only applies if everyone else in the game takes their turn the second that it becomes available and finishes before that second is up
Corporal 1st Class ertang
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:15 pm

Postby N0g on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:43 pm

I think that if you miss the first two turns of a game, and you have a question mark beside your name, you should be kicked from that game. Presently, we are forced to wait 72 hours total for an unranked no-show to get booted.

The reason so many don't play unranked players is because so many unranked players create accounts and don't show up for the game. The reason they don't show up is probably because they get tired of waiting for the game to fill up (because nobody will join a table with unranked players).
User avatar
Lieutenant N0g
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: A van, down by the river

Postby zarvinny on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:08 am

N0g wrote:I think that if you miss the first two turns of a game, and you have a question mark beside your name, you should be kicked from that game. Presently, we are forced to wait 72 hours total for an unranked no-show to get booted.


I concur, maybe even if you've only finished 10 games or less you should get booted after missing 2 turns.
User avatar
Lieutenant zarvinny
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Location: Kamchatka

Postby Blackadder on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:01 am

What if the turns missed are beyond your control?
User avatar
Cook Blackadder
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: Sydney,Australia
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:20 am

Yeah, there's always that. Sometimes you can't take a turn, or even two for reasons beyond your control, a power outage e.g.

I know it sucks if someone misses 3 turns in a sequential game, but I can live with it. Once the player's gone things usually speed up quite a lot.


I have a far bigger issue with "tactical deadbeaters" who miss every second turn. So an other, and in my opinion better, way to deal with deadbeats would be to reduce the multiplier for the armies, miss one turn and you only get 1.8 times of what you usually would, miss 2 and you only get 2.4 times of the ordinary amount, something like that. It's no big deal if you missed your turn because you couldn't log in during those 24 hours. But people who miss them because they want to be able to put 6 armies on some country instead of 3 would probably start thinking about improving their strategies instead.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Postby Knight of Orient on Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:16 am

that would be nice to some, but not overallgood....it would throw everything off too.
you are entitled to your opinion...
that doesnt mean its right
User avatar
Corporal Knight of Orient
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: The Holy Land
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby N0g on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:58 pm

I agree that sometimes missing turns is beyond control and that is a unfortunate thing, but I would bet that statistics show that the majority of unranked (or any for that matter) players who miss two turns will actually end up missing three. There can't be that many electrical outages that last over 48 hours.

I seem to remember posting a comment in the past about people who miss turns on purpose. I've seen it a lot on no-cards games. I used to really hate those people, but when I thought about it, they aren't gaining anything they wouldn't have gained had they just placed their troops and ended their turns. They only time they gain an advantage is when their opponents expect them to not come back and fail to place adequate defenses. That is, really, the point of their strategy. I just adjust my own strategy and try to ensure I have enough defense until I know for sure they are gone.
User avatar
Lieutenant N0g
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: A van, down by the river

Postby ertang on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:15 pm

How about this:

At the start of the game the creator gives a turn length(which is in the works) and a time bank. Then, if your turn length runs out, you go into your time bank. When your time bank runs out, everyone can vote to drop you from the game. That way, you can miss more than 24 hours, but you can never gain anything from missing a turn. The game doesn't proceed until you take a turn or a kicked. This would allow people who want to play fast games to set it at like, 1 day for turns, and no time bank. You could kick a person after one turn. I think it would allow for missed turns, while not giving any strategical advantage to missing turns.
Corporal 1st Class ertang
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:15 pm

rrrr

Postby dugcarr1 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:24 am

i know u real almost evry post ak,,,,,,,,,,thanks for not even responding
User avatar
Captain dugcarr1
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 am
Location: WEST COAST, CANADA

Re: rrrr

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:40 am

dugcarr1 wrote:i know u real almost evry post ak,,,,,,,,,,thanks for not even responding

LOL! :lol:

Gimme a sec, I will think up some clever response for ya. :wink:
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman
 
Posts: 5699
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Re: rrrr

Postby reverend_kyle on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:47 am

AK_iceman wrote:
dugcarr1 wrote:i know u real almost evry post ak,,,,,,,,,,thanks for not even responding

LOL! :lol:

Gimme a sec, I will think up some clever response for ya. :wink:
he literally pops out of nowhere?
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: ok

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:59 am

dugcarr1 wrote:ok iceboy,,,

shut your fucking trap.

just because you have the title turnemnt director and have a mountain of free time on your hands because u live in alaksa dosnt give u the right to even read my ideas on playing new recruits, let alone reply (along with your other 2655 posts).

This was pretty much why I stopped posting in your very important thread.
Plus I really didnt see anything worth responding to.


Right now I think that there are better solutions in the works for prevention of deadbeats, and for people who miss turns and get extra armies for it. This suggestion isnt one of those that I think would be implemented.

===========================
LazarusLong wrote:I posted this in another thread but I'll try it again here:

What if the armies from the missed turns get spread out evenly over all teritories for that person. They only get to place the armies for their current turn.

Most of the problem is not knowing where to defend against a double or triple deployment.

I think this would eliminate most of the tactical advantage of missing a turn.


This is the best idea I have heard so far for the problem of people skipping turns for extra armies.

===========================
The deadbeat problem will be fixed eventually, Wicked had a pretty good idea for it and when it gets worked out a bit, she can post it in the general forum.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman
 
Posts: 5699
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby juggernaut man on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 am

I agree something needs to be done about people who skip turns. I like your idea. My ally and I were beating the crap out of 3 enemies and my ally hasn't shown up for 3 turns so now we are barely holding out. If he'd taken his turn we'd have crushed them.

Also he might get eliminated before we even gain control of his armies.
Lieutenant juggernaut man
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:50 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

New anti Deadbeat, miss turn 2 and 3 faster.

Postby J0057 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:34 pm

The idea is to make the 2nd and 3rd consecutive missed turn take less than 24 hours each.
I suggest 12 hours each instead of the full 24.
Players waiting to continue a game without waiting 2 more 24 hour days after someone didn't take his/her turn after the first. If someone notices he/she missed one turn, they wouldn't miss a second, and certainly no third. So there's plenty time to redeem ones 'awayness' while not too much time is spent waiting for the deadbeat to play.
User avatar
Sergeant J0057
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Netherlands
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby spiesr on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:07 pm

NO!
User avatar
Captain spiesr
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login