Conquer Club

Is it cheating if...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is it cheating if...

Postby saraith on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Let's assume that I am teammates with a less experienced player, and I have given him instructions in the game chat to conquer a large number of territorries on his turn.
Let's further assume that he does not know to proceed without getting himself trapped.

Its it considered cheating if I PM him with the order of territories that I reccomend he take?
To achieve balance, first you must grow.
To grow, first you must learn.
To learn, first you must listen.
To listen, first you must shut the hell up.
-Buddhist saying
Corporal 1st Class saraith

Re: Is it cheating if...

Postby hecter on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Just post it in Game Chat if you're so worried... He's on your team, so if you send it to team only, it'll be fine...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:55 pm

I have wondered this myself.

I can tell you an easy way to get around it: PM your teammate with a link to the game, and then post all in the game chat. This way, you aren't discussing the game outside of the game chat, but you can call attention to the fact that he or she should review the game in between turns.

Unless you are more concerned with yourself basically 'playing' for the player. As far as I know, there are no rules governing how you and a teammate make decisions.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:10 pm

As far as teammates go, you can pretty much discuss it wherever you like. MSN, AIM, Yahoo, chat, PM's etc etc. No it is not cheating, but rather good to talk it out :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Incandenza on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 pm

The biggest key to a winning team is effective communication. Use smoke signals if you have to, but always keep the conversation going.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby saraith on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:45 am

Incandenza wrote:The biggest key to a winning team is effective communication. Use smoke signals if you have to, but always keep the conversation going.

I completely agree :)

I wouldn't consider it cheating myself, but in reading some of the discussions around here lately, I was wondering the community's take on the subject.
-Buddhist saying

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:10 am

Secret Diplomacy, by definition, can only take place between players who are listed as opponents in the game. Many of the best teams, especially freestyle, will communicate in Live Chat or Instant Messenger to coordinate their strategies. Heck, some people even talk to their teammates in person (like I do when my g/f and I are partners).
Major Night Strike

Postby lancehoch on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 am

Bruce is right. There is no restriction on where/how you talk with a teammate. The reason for this is, the team chat is hidden from the other players; this is different from an alliance in a standard game, where you are not teammates and there is no private game chat. If that does not make sense, just ask me to clarify and I will try.
Fastposted.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby saraith on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 am

lancehoch wrote:Bruce is right. There is no restriction on where/how you talk with a teammate. The reason for this is, the team chat is hidden from the other players; this is different from an alliance in a standard game, where you are not teammates and there is no private game chat. If that does not make sense, just ask me to clarify and I will try.
Fastposted.

That makes perfect sense, I understand completely.

Thanks very much :)
-Buddhist saying

Return to Conquer Club Discussion