The CA vote has been counted and verified, and it is with great pleasure that I can announce the entries to the Foundry Stamp Competition that will now receive the public vote:
The choice was incredibly difficult, as the field was packed with a variety of ideas and talent. The variety of ideas that seeps from the foundry never ceases to amaze me, and is one of the things that makes Conquer Club great
Thank you to everybody who took part - all of the other competition entries are contained in the spoiler below. The voting has so far been anonymous [/size](I am the only person who knows who all the entries belong to) - I will leave it to the designers of unsuccessful entries to take credit for their work as they see fit
Happy Bananas, and Happy Voting!!
The Cartography Assistants are pleased to announce
The Foundry Stamp Competition
As Easter draws near, we'll be bringing some new life to the Foundry with a revamp of the foundry stamps! If you choose to take part, you will have the chance to have your images stamped onto every map in the Foundry during the period they're active!
- Your entry should comprise 4 separate images: Draft, Graphics, Gameplay and XML. You may also include Forge and Quench stamps, although these will not form part of the official competition.
- The stamps should be generic, and not refer to individual CAs. The emphasis should be more about the foundry process than the map-stamper.
- The current stamps are 150x150px. There is no rigorous size restriction, but needless to say they should not be too large.
- The colour scheme of each stamp should be broadly similar to those currently in use: Draft=Pink/Red, Graphics=Blue, Gameplay=Green, XML=Yellow/Orange/Brown.
- Save your stamps as PNG images with a transparent background.
- Host your files using Photobucket or some other file sharing program, and PM a link to MrBenn by 23:59 GMT on April 19, 2009.
- The Foundry Staff will select a shortlist of finalists, and a one-week public voting period will be held to determine the winner.
- This is not a joke or an April Fool