Conquer Club

New Notifier: 'Tell Me When'

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: New Notifier: 'Tell Me When'

Postby psaxnoulis on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks Fantius - great utility. Can work only with that
Captain psaxnoulis

Re:

Postby Fantius on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:03 pm

MamaMantis wrote:Second point, a question: is it normal that a 384KB program uses so much memory? Or not?

Yes, it is normal for a .NET application. But also, the number in task manager is deceptive. Google it if you want to.
Sergeant Fantius

Postby RjBeals on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 pm

"If you search back through .NET discussion groups you’ll see many conversations like this. Newcomer to .NET says: “I’ve just been looking at Task Manager. Why does my simple VB.NET Windows application use 12MB RAM?” The answer comes back, “Don’t worry. The app doesn’t really use that much RAM; Windows will give it back if other apps need it. Minimize your application and you’ll see how little it really needs.” Newcomer minimizes the app, and sees the Mem Usage reported go down to say 750K."

LINK
Private RjBeals

Re:

Postby psaxnoulis on Sat May 03, 2008 1:38 pm

jaybebo wrote:
tahitiwahini wrote:
jaybebo wrote:Also, how do you keep the URL in the Tell Me When application?

When you first install it, the Tell Me When notifier opens to the Monitor tab. Click on Autoconfigure for Conquer Club. It fills in the proper values except for your username. Enter your username in the place indicated. Click on the Status tab. Click on the Check Now button. It will tell you if you have any games that are ready for you to take your turn in. In your browser go to My Games and verify that both the Tell Me When notifier and My Games indicate the same number of games that are ready for you to take your turn in. Remember there may be an up to five-minute delay in the information that the Tell Me When notifier gets from My Games (actually the RSS feed from Conquer Club).

Now for your question. Are you saying you did the above configuration and it didn't work? Or it did work, but then it stopped working? Or that it didn't save your user name? Specifically, what's the problem?

It is working properly now at home. However, I am having an issue in getting it to work at work...LOL. I get the following error message...

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Thanks.

The program requires that you have the .NET runtime library installed. You can get the runtime library here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... b15c5e04f5
Captain psaxnoulis

Postby earthen on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:35 pm

is there a way to make it play a sound when a game is ready, I often sit away from my computer and this would help me allot thanks
Major earthen

Postby Fantius on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:49 pm

earthen wrote:is there a way to make it play a sound when a game is ready, I often sit away from my computer and this would help me allot thanks

The latest version does have that feature.
Sergeant Fantius

Postby earthen on Sun May 24, 2009 9:09 pm

got it thanks.

now can i find a linux verson? Ubuntu if at all possable
Major earthen

Postby Lionz on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Is there a way to get an alert of anyone playing in any game of you with Tell Me When? How many search patterns do you use? Just PLAYING and READY?
Brigadier Lionz

Re:

Postby hecter on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Lionz wrote:Is there a way to get an alert of anyone playing in any game of you with Tell Me When? How many search patterns do you use? Just PLAYING and READY?

It doesn't work that way. It grabs it from an RSS feed. For example, mine is:
http://www.conquerclub.com/rss.php?user_id=44462
You can find yours on your "My Games" page.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Lionz on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Well it can do more than simply tell you if you personally have a game ready to play or not perhaps. It can help you figure out when players who are not you come online maybe. NOTE: Sent address that came out wrong in post earlier perhaps.
Brigadier Lionz

Postby P3ks on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:21 pm

can anyone help me please?

i have XP, SP3, net framework 2.0.. this application doesn't work for me, idk why.. i put my URL from 'my games' and then click ok and get this message - Please replace 'my user name' with ur actual CC username.. so i type in P3ks and get same message over and over again.. help pls
Private 1st Class P3ks

Postby dr.lucas on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:57 pm

P3ks wrote:can anyone help me please?

i have XP, SP3, net framework 2.0.. this application doesn't work for me, idk why.. i put my URL from 'my games' and then click ok and get this message - Please replace 'my user name' with ur actual CC username.. so i type in P3ks and get same message over and over again.. help pls

In you game list there is an rss feed link that resolves to something like this:

http://www.conquerclub.com/rss.php?user_id=446586

try that user id.
Sergeant 1st Class dr.lucas

Postby P3ks on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:34 pm

dr.lucas wrote:
P3ks wrote:can anyone help me please?

In you game list there is an rss feed link that resolves to something like this:

http://www.conquerclub.com/rss.php?user_id=446586

try that user id.

thank u very much.. ill give it a try :)

edit: ok, i've try that, doesnt work, same message :S
Private 1st Class P3ks

Postby fapostolo on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:51 am

can you release the source code, I will not redistribute any new version.
Lieutenant fapostolo

Postby bean of joy on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:36 am

The notifier used to work for me, but as of a few months ago it stopped working and displays the following error:

Result: ERROR: Configuration system failed to initialize

any ideas?

Thanks!
Captain bean of joy

Postby Fantius on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 am

The config file got corrupted. Find it and delete it.
Sergeant Fantius

Awesome tool!

Postby reeseFEST on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Great integration with gmail. Easy to set up and gives me email notifications when turns become available, handy because I wanted something that my android could buzz me for.
Corporal reeseFEST

Previous

Return to Tool Archives