[Capital Competition] Middle Ages

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Capital Competition] Middle Ages

Postby MrBenn on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:34 pm

I have just forwarded the updated map images to lack. Once they're up, then I say we can push the quench boat out...

edit:

Quenching

---The Beta period has concluded for the Middle Ages Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready to be released into live play.

Congratulations thenobodies80 and Evil DIMwit, your shiny new medals are well-earned =D>

Conquer Club, enjoy!

--MrBenn
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby natty dread on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Congrats guys! Well done =D>
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:I'm not going to read all of this, but I'd just like to point out that it seems slightly unfair that Noem has to worry about the witch AND a mine entrance. What if the witch were put by tower J? It could be "witch's tower"

This game play comment seems to have been overlooked. The game is fine as is, but this was my one comment to make on the set up, and I got no response.
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby Riskismy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:30 am

Mr_Adams wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:I'm not going to read all of this, but I'd just like to point out that it seems slightly unfair that Noem has to worry about the witch AND a mine entrance. What if the witch were put by tower J? It could be "witch's tower"

This game play comment seems to have been overlooked. The game is fine as is, but this was my one comment to make on the set up, and I got no response.

Imagine that!
With 1500 post under your belt, however, I would've thought you had gotten used to it by now ;)
Lieutenant Riskismy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Well, very few of them were in the foundry, and I was under the impression that there was supposed to be a response to every suggestion to the map' game-play before a map was "quenched". However, it is a minor issue, I have won 3 of the 6 games I've played here (all 8 players), and never once used it. it's not to big a deal, as I said initially. I was just hoping for the map designer's input on this situation.
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby natty dread on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:22 pm

What's so unfair about them - they're borders like any other territory, they just happen to connect across the map?

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:07 pm

But the bonus doesn't seem to reflect the fact that there are 4 borders to that city, so if you move the witch, the city has 1 fewer border that the others

(eg Loent, 4 borders, 5 bonus)
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:18 am

Yes, the bonus could be higher.

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 pm

higher bonus or move the extra border. I like the witches tower idea.
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 am

Mr_Adams wrote:higher bonus or move the extra border. I like the witches tower idea.

In almost every game I've played, people seem to deploy very heavily on the Alchemist, especially in team play. The Alchemist and Witch attack 4 cities, which is perhaps too much of an advantage for someone who starts out with them or gets them early on. I think moving the Witch to some less-prime real estate would reduce this unbalancing effect.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby rjhankey on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Leaving some feedback here after finishing a game in MMK tournament series -- I've played this map an overall 17 times, and have won only two of them -- but it's a fun map to play that I keep coming back to. Terminator and Assassin are both fun settings, and fit well with the map rules. I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me in terms of bonuses being unfair, although a strategy that has tended to work is to grab one city and leverage that bonus, being careful not to lose it.
Major rjhankey

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby drunkmonkey on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:50 pm

I've been playing this map for a while, and just noticed that Village Witch is misspelled as "Vilage Witch". Not sure how difficult cosmetic changes are after quenching, or if this one is even worth the trouble, but I thought I'd point it out.
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 88
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:09 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:I've been playing this map for a while, and just noticed that Village Witch is misspelled as "Vilage Witch". Not sure how difficult cosmetic changes are after quenching, or if this one is even worth the trouble, but I thought I'd point it out.

Fixed and sent to lackattack.

Click image to enlarge.

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby thebest712 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:56 am

if your palace got nuked your death?!
Major thebest712

Medals: 68
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:03 pm

thebest712 wrote:if your palace got nuked your death?!

Ya. my first time playing with nukes was an 8 man terminator, and I got to nuke 2 castles on my fist cash. :P :lol:
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas