the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Found a tool bug? Come on in!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 am

what is the point of the collapse button that appears under the medals in our posts ?

it only collapses the individual post, not all posts or even all posts by that user

why is collapsed not the default with the expand button then showing beneath our usernames ?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby sherkaner on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:54 pm

If you have small avatars on (in BoB site options), it will be collapsed by default.
And I just kept the option because it was there already, don't use it that much actually.
Colonel sherkaner
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 3:21 am
Location: Zwolle
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)
General Contribution (11)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby lilrvrgrl on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 pm

sherkaner wrote:If you have small avatars on (in BoB site options), it will be collapsed by default.
And I just kept the option because it was there already, don't use it that much actually.


Awesome! Thank you!
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class lilrvrgrl
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:28 am
Location: Under your bed.
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (7)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 pm

is it possible to modify bob so that i can have normal avatars and collapsed medals ?
Image

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 pm

nevermind lol
Image

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Actually, it would be great to be able to only hide the medals, leave everything else there...
Image

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby greenoaks on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 pm

nietzsche wrote:Actually, it would be great to be able to only hide the medals, leave everything else there...

that would be good
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby ender516 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:57 pm

So you would still see the number of posts, and the join date?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:02 pm

ender516 wrote:So you would still see the number of posts, and the join date?

and location and total medals
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby agentcom on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:25 pm

greenoaks wrote:
ender516 wrote:So you would still see the number of posts, and the join date?

and location and total medals


That would seem to make sense. I'm surprised that wasn't the way it was set up in the first place.
Image
User avatar
Colonel agentcom
 
Posts: 3705
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby ender516 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:26 pm

agentcom wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
ender516 wrote:So you would still see the number of posts, and the join date?

and location and total medals


That would seem to make sense. I'm surprised that wasn't the way it was set up in the first place.

Well, a quick inspection tells me that it is non-trivial to distinguish the elements displaying medals from the elements displaying the text: they are all of the class DD, while the username and rank insignia appear in a DT element. So the current collapse button just hides all the DD objects in that part of the page.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby greenoaks on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 am

ender516 wrote:Well, a quick inspection tells me that it is non-trivial to distinguish the elements displaying medals from the elements displaying the text: they are all of the class DD, while the username and rank insignia appear in a DT element. So the current collapse button just hides all the DD objects in that part of the page.

could someone translate this into english
Last edited by ender516 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing the quote code
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby ender516 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 am

greenoaks wrote:
ender516 wrote:Well, a quick inspection tells me that it is non-trivial to distinguish the elements displaying medals from the elements displaying the text: they are all of the class DD, while the username and rank insignia appear in a DT element. So the current collapse button just hides all the DD objects in that part of the page.

could someone translate this into english

As far as a script goes, the lines beneath your name over there on the right are hard to tell apart, so hiding the lines with pictures of medals without hiding, say, the location line is not so easy to do.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:34 pm

ender516 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
ender516 wrote:Well, a quick inspection tells me that it is non-trivial to distinguish the elements displaying medals from the elements displaying the text: they are all of the class DD, while the username and rank insignia appear in a DT element. So the current collapse button just hides all the DD objects in that part of the page.

could someone translate this into english

As far as a script goes, the lines beneath your name over there on the right are hard to tell apart, so hiding the lines with pictures of medals without hiding, say, the location line is not so easy to do.


Does that mean it's not gonna happen or do you see some way to do it?
Image

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby ender516 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 pm

nietzsche wrote:
ender516 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
ender516 wrote:Well, a quick inspection tells me that it is non-trivial to distinguish the elements displaying medals from the elements displaying the text: they are all of the class DD, while the username and rank insignia appear in a DT element. So the current collapse button just hides all the DD objects in that part of the page.

could someone translate this into english

As far as a script goes, the lines beneath your name over there on the right are hard to tell apart, so hiding the lines with pictures of medals without hiding, say, the location line is not so easy to do.


Does that mean it's not gonna happen or do you see some way to do it?

Well, I guess the question is how to change it without removing the existing functionality that some users may prefer. Do you have any suggestions as to how it might look? Two buttons, "Collapse Medals" and "Collapse All"? Perhaps a third, "Collapse Text"?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Next

Return to Tools Suggestions & Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Login