DEMOGRAPHICS TRUMPS ECONOMY

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: DEMOGRAPHICS TRUMPS ECONOMY

Postby Baron Von PWN on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:57 pm

kentington wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:I think the idea of Roe V Wade being overturned was also a pretty big factor, outside of racial demography.

Roe vs Wade? Really? Demagoguery for simpletons. Another example of the mass ignorance Obama banked on to win (successfully). Meaning of course you're probably right. How sad is that?

It's what worried my fiancé and her friends the most. The commentary was that the republican party is anti woman. The GOP has a massive image problem with everyone but white men. Maybe next election they should try and work on that.

I am curious. Do you believe that the main goal of anti-abortion is because they hate women? Not the fact that they believe it is unjust killing?

no. It also isin't my Fiance view. Their opinion as I understood it, was that the GOP's position with regards to abortion and women's rights are effectively negative and against the interests of women. Making the GOP anti- women.

Now I don't think GOP planers are sitting around saying "how can we f*ck women over?" however the policies they promote and those they opposed suggest they don't hold their interrest close to heart.

throw in legitimate rape comments and it certainly doesn't help their image.
Sergeant Baron Von PWN

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby kentington on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:
kentington wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:I think the idea of Roe V Wade being overturned was also a pretty big factor, outside of racial demography.

Roe vs Wade? Really? Demagoguery for simpletons. Another example of the mass ignorance Obama banked on to win (successfully). Meaning of course you're probably right. How sad is that?

It's what worried my fiancé and her friends the most. The commentary was that the republican party is anti woman. The GOP has a massive image problem with everyone but white men. Maybe next election they should try and work on that.

I am curious. Do you believe that the main goal of anti-abortion is because they hate women? Not the fact that they believe it is unjust killing?

no. It also isin't my Fiance view. Their opinion as I understood it, was that the GOP's position with regards to abortion and women's rights are effectively negative and against the interests of women. Making the GOP anti- women.

Now I don't think GOP planers are sitting around saying "how can we f*ck women over?" however the policies they promote and those they opposed suggest they don't hold their interrest close to heart.

throw in legitimate rape comments and it certainly doesn't help their image.

Ha, fair enough. I didn't see you as the type to jump on that bandwagon, which is why I asked.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:24 am

Nobunaga wrote:

It's pretty ignorant to say that Obama voters are deluded. The Republican base is, has been, and will likely always forever be the "less thinking" demographic. The problem isn't that the voters aren't getting the Romney message, the problem was that with today's mediums, they got the message loud and clear. If I have the choice between the lesser of two evils, I'm going to go with the Reagan evil instead of the Rand evil.

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby whitestazn88 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:54 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

It's pretty ignorant to say that Obama voters are deluded. The Republican base is, has been, and will likely always forever be the "less thinking" demographic. The problem isn't that the voters aren't getting the Romney message, the problem was that with today's mediums, they got the message loud and clear. If I have the choice between the lesser of two evils, I'm going to go with the Reagan evil instead of the Rand evil.

All the white men that voted for Obama are totally gay.
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 am

Took me a minute to find a picture for this, thanks Al:

http://presspass.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... dward?lite

It seems the only people not getting the message are those totally gay white men. On the heels of that new poll, we learn that Obama offered to cut spending on everything sacred, including veteran's healthcare funding. Yet the Republicans must have felt he was showing weakness, because they still couldn't reach a deal. They're paying for it all now, because this is the biggest disparity in the numbers that I've ever seen. 53% doesn't sound like much, but after this bitter partisan election, I think it's a pretty significant proportion.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

@ JB: Good job on being a "problem continuer" with your (albeit probably unintentional) post that suggests you must have a collage degree to be intelligent.

You're propaganda is just as bad as Phatscos
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Timminz on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Lootifer wrote:@ JB: Good job on being a "problem continuer" with your (albeit probably unintentional) post that suggests you must have a collage degree to be intelligent.

Actually, it suggests that people with college degrees are more intelligent than people without.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Captain Timminz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Timminz wrote:
Lootifer wrote:@ JB: Good job on being a "problem continuer" with your (albeit probably unintentional) post that suggests you must have a collage degree to be intelligent.

Actually, it suggests that people with college degrees are more intelligent than people without.

Collage/College is my archillies heel, mainly because the only time I use the word is on this forum. We call it university.

As to your main point, you are right; but the sad consequence of your statment is that people interpret your statement to mean mine. Which is my point.
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Lootifer wrote:As to your main point, you are right; but the sad consequence of your statment is that people interpret your statement to mean mine. Which is my point.

Who are these people interpreting it that way? It must be the ones without college degrees.
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby tj755 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:06 pm

This year's election was known as the vajajay elections. Maybe now the GOP will learn not to piss off women. :twisted:
Sergeant 1st Class tj755

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 pm

I thought it was just Democrats telling women they are pissed.

For the record, nobody was trying to ban abortion, nobody was trying to ban contraceptives, and nobody was trying to bring back the stone age. It's called scare tactics. Just because they work on the "smart people" does not make the irrational fears real
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:09 pm

When was the last time you heard the message "Go do an apprenticeship; that's the best way to succeed in todays society" or something similar.

Though I admit its probably more to do with the Universities levering public perception (self-perpetuation) in their marketing more than a genuine cultural ideal.
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I thought it was just Democrats telling women they are pissed.

For the record, nobody was trying to ban abortion, nobody was trying to ban contraceptives, and nobody was trying to bring back the stone age. It's called scare tactics. Just because they work on the "smart people" does not make the irrational fears real

Isnt a significant portion of conservative america trying to do that?

Isnt it within their democratic right (to try)?

/shrug
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Lootifer wrote:

Isnt a significant portion of conservative america trying to do that?

Isnt it within their democratic right (to try)?

/shrug

I don't think so. There is a difference between drawing a line at handing out condoms in schools to 6 year olds and banning contraceptives.

But I'm just anAmerican who could care less about either abortion or contraceptives...... ::shrug shrug::
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby tj755 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Well for me and all my female friends, it was the dumbass comments on rape that did it. No one had to tell us anything, the ignorant comments made by Romney, Murdouck and that other guy were pretty easy to understand, even for us womenfolk in between our cooking and laundry chores. :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class tj755

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?