Conquer Club

for all the mathematicians + other clowns

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: for all the mathematicians + other clowns

Postby Robinette on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:05 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:i am rolling real life dice
the difference is , the way you roll the dice
u can shake it longer, use the other hand, throw with more force, with little force ....

on here u dont have the power to believe in superstition
here u have to click

the result is obviously always an awkward output
if u have good dice, horrible good dice
bad dice, or horrible bad dice

there is always this strange feeling after

no no no... this is where you are messing up...
obviously, you can't breathe on the dice here, and give them extra shaking, stuff like that...

HOWEVER... when i need to add finesse to the dice here,
i will take a long pause, cross my fingers on the other hand, and with great care execute either a soft touch of the button, or sometimes a super quick click when it's not really expecting it...

Now if it's a double loss, i will wait a minute or so, and do it the opposite way, maybe even switching hands...
But if it's a double win, I will quick quick quick click as many times as possible till i get a double loss...

So when it's going bad, take long pauses (the same effect as LOTS of dice shaking)
and when it's going well, fast clicks (same as rapid fire rolls on a hot streak)

Of course, random is as random does... but you will feel soooo much better, and will be less inclined to share your dice results, and thereby not tarnishing your street cred so badly, lol...
Brigadier Robinette

Postby frankiebee on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:57 pm

If I need really good dice, I usually sacrifice something to the dice gods. Throw something out of the window from 3 high. Then I place my cursor on the auto attack button, flick of the monitor screen, and then click it. Then I look to a black screen for 5 minutes, speculating what the outcome is. Knowing it's allready decided, but still in tense for the result. Then I flick the screen back on, but don't look at it, I walk away knowing that on the screen is the answer, but im to afraid to look. Then I go to the toilet and if my shit is bigger than usual, that's a good sign. After Im done on the toilet I sprint back to the computer, cheering and shouting. I take a look and when I win the roll I go totally insane for 45 minutes.

If I lose the role I promise myself to never do this stupid ritual again...
Colonel frankiebee

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:54 pm

it helps to click the dice every 30 seconds
if u win, keep clicking, as soon u lose
wait 30 seconds
and if u have last troop standing to kill the guy and take his 5 spoils
and u have a 3-1 situation

wait ....................................................................................
5 minute and boom
it works
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:01 am

GoranZ wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:i read things like, dont attack 3vs1

The one that said this is total noob... general rule for attacking is different, attack until you can make profit from your attack or create damage to your enemy. Statistically with 3v1 you can still create damage to your enemy. But if your attack doesn't have any meaning there is no need to be made.

AslanTheKing wrote:i tried to break a bonus of my opponent 4vs1, lost all
i tried to take my palace back, but couldnt deploy all to there to get it back, since i need to build somewhere else too,
so i tried a 5vs2, lost all, my palace gone

How many times you were successful? Or you are only counting your failures?

AslanTheKing wrote:my opponent congratulates me for the win, since he knows its game over
but in the next round attacks me with ridicoulous low troopcount
and turning the whole game around?

This is your fault... Its not up to you or your enemy to tell when the game is over. CC will tell that for you ;)

AslanTheKing wrote:now honestly, to lose a game this way is totally crap
and thats why CC is declining

wrong... CC is declining because of cheaters, because they are tolerated, because there is no rule saying: Using bugs in the system(any kind) will result in permanent ban. If you find bug report it ;)

But if you want to complain about the dice I can give you the tool. No matter how will you complain about the dice you will get same response and that is... blame random.org
So its obvious that you are asking wrong question. The correct question about bad dice is this:
HOW CC GET THE NUMBERS FROM RANDOM.ORG?
So there are several options(you can target any one for being buggy): batch for both players, batch for every player separately, dice per dice(as it comes) etc, etc... Its obvious that every way you take the dice will result in different dice stats (Mathematicians from CC can explain you why is this).

Holy shit I stopped reading at 3 vs 1. "The one that said this is total noob..." <--- You cannot be serious? It is very very rare to attack with 3 vs 1. But please play vs me. :D I love it when people waste troops.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Agent 86 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:07 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:it helps to click the dice every 30 seconds
if u win, keep clicking, as soon u lose
wait 30 seconds
and if u have last troop standing to kill the guy and take his 5 spoils
and u have a 3-1 situation

wait ....................................................................................
5 minute and boom
it works

You must have found out about random.org..but it doesn't work that way. The decline in numbers is due to bullshit dice. This little pattern was a minor glitch. Try it for another few weeks and boom you lose. Random.org is a bullshit site and not even close to real dice and never will be, atmospheric noise..ha ha fuckin ha
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:07 am

Bruceswar wrote:
GoranZ wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:i read things like, dont attack 3vs1

The one that said this is total noob... general rule for attacking is different, attack until you can make profit from your attack or create damage to your enemy. Statistically with 3v1 you can still create damage to your enemy. But if your attack doesn't have any meaning there is no need to be made.

AslanTheKing wrote:i tried to break a bonus of my opponent 4vs1, lost all
i tried to take my palace back, but couldnt deploy all to there to get it back, since i need to build somewhere else too,
so i tried a 5vs2, lost all, my palace gone

How many times you were successful? Or you are only counting your failures?

AslanTheKing wrote:my opponent congratulates me for the win, since he knows its game over
but in the next round attacks me with ridicoulous low troopcount
and turning the whole game around?

This is your fault... Its not up to you or your enemy to tell when the game is over. CC will tell that for you ;)

AslanTheKing wrote:now honestly, to lose a game this way is totally crap
and thats why CC is declining

wrong... CC is declining because of cheaters, because they are tolerated, because there is no rule saying: Using bugs in the system(any kind) will result in permanent ban. If you find bug report it ;)

But if you want to complain about the dice I can give you the tool. No matter how will you complain about the dice you will get same response and that is... blame random.org
So its obvious that you are asking wrong question. The correct question about bad dice is this:
HOW CC GET THE NUMBERS FROM RANDOM.ORG?
So there are several options(you can target any one for being buggy): batch for both players, batch for every player separately, dice per dice(as it comes) etc, etc... Its obvious that every way you take the dice will result in different dice stats (Mathematicians from CC can explain you why is this).

Holy shit I stopped reading at 3 vs 1. "The one that said this is total noob..." <--- You cannot be serious? It is very very rare to attack with 3 vs 1. But please play vs me. :D I love it when people waste troops.

3vs1 is reasonable when...

1.Breaking a bonus.
2. Taking a bonus.
3. Reducing a territory count to reduce a deploy.

I would hardly say very, very rare. My team will fire off such attacks in most games if not every game. I agree that it is often wrong to do it (if only because one has to leave a 1 even if successful), but it is hardly a VERY VERY RARE attack.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby jefjef on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

3vs1 is reasonable when...

1.Breaking a bonus.
2. Taking a bonus.
3. Reducing a territory count to reduce a deploy.

I would hardly say very, very rare. My team will fire off such attacks in most games if not every game. I agree that it is often wrong to do it (if only because one has to leave a 1 even if successful), but it is hardly a VERY VERY RARE attack.

Dammit Mr Changsa! You just revealed one of the strategic secrets of maintaining Col/Brig rank instead of floundering in the Capt/Major rank.

You sir may be removed from the club. We will evaluate and get back to you.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby jltile1 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:35 pm

A doodle tournament that's exciting !
Major jltile1

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion