To take a look to see who you need to go to for tournament assistance, please visit our updated Task Distribution List. Please welcome these 3 members to their roles as TDs.
*Note: L M S was set to join the TD ranks as well, but he had to drop out due to an unexpected major change at work.
And to serve as a kickoff of the TPA4 season, it's time for another cup design contest!
You Can Design the Season 4 TPA Cup!
Seasons One and Two of the TPA had very nice logos, with Tournament Cups designed by Sir Ricco. Last year, we held a contest that was won by ndrs!
First, have a look at the three previous Cups:
The TPA Cups are based on the standard CC Tournament Cup.
These probably give you a decent idea of what the TPA Cups have in common:
- Each is based on the Standard CC Tournament Achievement Medal (Tournament Cup)
- Each has the CC star.
- The cup may have the current year or season listed on it.
- Each has the letters "TPA" and the full title "Tournament Players Association"
- Each has a decorative wreath of some kind around the cup.
- They are something in the neighborhood of 160 x 216 pixels.
Despite their similarities, the Cups are clearly distinctive. There is no mistaking the one for the other, even without reading the year.
So now you know what we want:
The same, but different. Different, but the same. In other words, create a logo that is immediately recognizable as being in the same family as the others, but at the same time has a new and distinctive personality.
By the way, we also want to have a signature to help market the event to others (and because my old signature disappeared). Signatures must follow these rules and be submitted along with the cup:
- Include a copy of your actual cup image from the stamp picture (must be the same cup).
- Must be no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall.
- Should be less than 500 kbs in file size.
Now, about the contest:
- You have until August 31st to create your designs and submit them to Night Strike using the PM Subject "TPA Cup Design Contest" (without the quotes).
- You must host your submitted images at least until the winners are announced.
- The entries will be judged by the Tournament Directors.
- The following prizes will be offered if and only if there is decent popular interest in this contest, consisting of at least 5 serious entries:
- Winner: A General Contribution medal as well as one of either 6 months of premium membership OR a pre-reserved spot in every TPA4 tournament.
- 1st Runner-Up: 1 Conquer Cup entry (or equivalent value in Conquer Credits)
- Fewer than 5 serious entries will result in no runner up prize.
- By submitting an entry, you obviously grant CC and the TPA the right to use your graphic. You certify that this is your work. Nothing is created in a vacuum, but please no blatant plagiarism.
Judging by some of the signatures and avatars out there, CC has no shortage of graphical genius, so this should be fun for a lot of you.