Conquer Club

What O/S do you use for your phone?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

O/S

Android
64%
Apple
18%
Other
9%
STFU KoolBak!
9%

Total votes : 11

What O/S do you use for your phone?

Postby KoolBak on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 pm

I use android...love how easily it syncs with microsoft as I have 25 years of contacts / customers / vendors and all their info in outlook, not to mention onenote, excel, etc. The music is simple too and I like how versatile the system is.

Used to use apple (iphone) and they purposefully wont sync with outlook (apple actually TOLD me this) as they are competitors and their music is SO damn proprietary. Also just dont seem to be able to customize the user interface to the point I'd like....yeah, HATE apple but I guess my perspective is from a small biz and I didnt set up via apple / mac in the first place.

Be interested to hear input on these issues....
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Re: What O/S do you use for your phone?

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:08 pm

droid, only droid ... i've never purchased a single apple product and i never will*

* that's not entirely true, i sometimes use iTunes if what i'm looking for can't be torrented or is taking too long, but that's rare
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:26 pm

KoolBak wrote:I use android...love how easily it syncs with microsoft as I have 25 years of contacts / customers / vendors and all their info in outlook, not to mention onenote, excel, etc. The music is simple too and I like how versatile the system is.

Used to use apple (iphone) and they purposefully wont sync with outlook (apple actually TOLD me this) as they are competitors and their music is SO damn proprietary. Also just dont seem to be able to customize the user interface to the point I'd like....yeah, HATE apple but I guess my perspective is from a small biz and I didnt set up via apple / mac in the first place.

Be interested to hear input on these issues....

Android is based off a linux kernel, and linux recognizes windows files. It's pretty cool, i installed a linux distro and was able to pull all my old music off a dead laptop.

I also always use droid because i don't want to spend $600 or more on a phone I'll beat up in a year.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby armati on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm

i have a flip phone, works fine.
I carry it when I drive for emergencies, but rarely if ever actually make a call from it.
Landlines still work great.

Elon Musk figures people are already part of the "matrix" or however he put it, connected thru their phones.
Sergeant armati

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Linux lite is pretty easy to run.

We have been using Moto G phones because they can take a beating. They quit making them with gorilla glass because people are too stupid to apreciate it and it just bumps up the build cost.

armati wrote:
Elon Musk figures people are already part of the "matrix" or however he put it, connected thru their phones.

Yeah, he said people are cyborgs because they cannot exist without their smart phones.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:55 pm

My phone is theoretically a smartphone, but none of the apps will work because I won't waste money on a data plan. There's no email so urgent that it can't wait until I get home and get on my computer. So, theoretically it's an Android device, but as I don't use any of the apps the operating system is irrelevant to me. I therefore checked "Other". The phone makes phone calls, which is good enough for me.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:10 pm

They are good for googling and playing solitaire too. I don't like e-mail but if that's your thing you could check it on wifi.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Well all my shit for my biz comes thru my cell now so I am literally fucked without it....used to pay $300+ a month for (cheap) business lines, fax, 800 number, internet, merchant and that just killed me. Fuckers at local exchange were always "Gosh, you have this really inexpensive suite of products grandfathered...you're so lucky!"....bastards ripped me off for 20 years :evil:

Now have it all for under $100 a month....damn easy choice AND I dont have to be stuck in my shop to correspond (phone, email, text, fax) with my customers....never miss a call now :lol: Drinking at a bar....out shooting....screwing around with the kids....grocery shopping...there for my customers!

Before, for strictly personal use, I agree that all the features were not required, but with all the apps available (my bank, paypal, website management, credit card processing, accounting software, tax, etc) it is a freaking lifesaver for me.

Ok...only 4 have voted but I'd honestly think a real representation would be 9 iphone / 1 android. Of all the people I know what they use (friends / family), me and 1 bud are the only android users :lol:

AND:

Postby Bentelbow on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:27 pm

My Samsung S5 edge has survived me using it in the forest for 4 years and counting.. pretty darned tough I must say.
Sergeant 1st Class Bentelbow

Postby Neoteny on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 pm

All we need is thegreekdog and this boomer thread will become sentient and ask to speak with my manager.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Neoteny on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:31 pm

In all seriousness, every two years I consider switching to iPhone and every two years I just stick with the most recent galaxy model because they've served me well and the thought of transferring all my nonsense to a new platform seems silly.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:49 pm

My dad is a boomer.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby armati on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 am

KoolBak

Huge advantage.
Much better than pigeons.
Sergeant armati

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:55 am

2dimes wrote:My dad is a boomer.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby tkr4lf on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:42 am

Android is far superior to iphones.

Dimes, are the moto x's also made with gorilla glass? My phone will be 5 years old this christmas, and has survived many, many drops and such that should have and would have broken a lesser phone. That would explain why.
Major tkr4lf

Postby KoolBak on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:44 am

armati wrote:KoolBak

Huge advantage.
Much better than pigeons.

:lol:

Yeah, gotta love that G-Glass. I also bought a 6 pack of the little shaped tempered glass shields that stick on. Have busted 2 of those so far and the regular G-Glass probly would have survived, but these have left my screen like new. I always manage to drop it in gravel, glass down....lol

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:49 am

My wife claims, Lenovo bought Motorola and they decided to quit the gorilla glass, sucks.

I think the X must have had it since the G was the middle of their product line.

The gorilla glass Motorola used was a better one than they briefly offered at Apple.

The reason my wife knows so much was when she upgraded this year, she got a scratch on her phone and looked it up to find out why.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby nietzsche on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 pm

i have an iphone.

i spent some time trying to decide if i should give up on apple for my new phone but in the end i just bought another iphone. that was a couple of weeks ago. the reason was simply, having an obssesive personality i didnt want to obsses over android customizations and options and shit. i dont use email on the phone, i just use it for calls and text and sometimes maps, sometimes a little bit of google.

the most use i give the phone is when im smoking, i text a lot and check sports scores.

i tend to squeeze the last bit of value of electronics so price wasnt a concern if i depreciate it over 4-5 years. my previous phone was an iphone 5 i think.

the other reason i went for the iphone is that in mexico we're kind of stupid and iphones are still a status symbol. yeah whatever, judge me. i dont give a shit. i dont need a big truck like you guys because i actually have a big dick.

and i treat this body like a friggin temple... planks, every day.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:10 pm

nietzsche wrote:i have an iphone.

i spent some time trying to decide if i should give up on apple for my new phone but in the end i just bought another iphone. that was a couple of weeks ago. the reason was simply, having an obssesive personality i didnt want to obsses over android customizations and options and shit. i dont use email on the phone, i just use it for calls and text and sometimes maps, sometimes a little bit of google.

the most use i give the phone is when im smoking, i text a lot and check sports scores.

i tend to squeeze the last bit of value of electronics so price wasnt a concern if i depreciate it over 4-5 years. my previous phone was an iphone 5 i think.

the other reason i went for the iphone is that in mexico we're kind of stupid and iphones are still a status symbol. yeah whatever, judge me. i dont give a shit. i dont need a big truck like you guys because i actually have a big dick.

and i treat this body like a friggin temple... planks, every day.

Those who avoid buying big trucks because of the stereotype are just worried that people will know about their small dicks.

Postby nietzsche on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:15 am

don't derail KB's thread TG.

how big is your truck?
General nietzsche

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 am

An older tacoma, so not huge. But I'm looking for like a 97 f250.

Postby KoolBak on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 am

I bet I got the biggest baddest truck here :lol:

I actually USE it though! And have built it myself over the last 12 years....I LOVE my truck. And THAT Glen Campbell song is the ringtone on my android phone (see how I did that??).

Just got my OTHER old truck road worthy too...been 5 years since she's been driven.

Truck #1 1986 chevy C30, 1+ ton crew cab dually, BUILT 502 CI
Truck #2 1978 chevy K10, short / wide 4x4, BUILT 350 CI

BOTH loud AF and set off car alarms frequently.....makes me happy.

Ok. Nyetz....gimme your best shot :lol:

AND:

Postby nietzsche on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:57 am

General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 pm

saxitoxin wrote:droid, only droid ... i've never purchased a single apple product and i never will*

* that's not entirely true, i sometimes use iTunes if what i'm looking for can't be torrented or is taking too long, but that's rare

i've always thought of you as the windows phone kind of guy, Scooter
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Dukasaur wrote:My phone is theoretically a smartphone, but none of the apps will work because I won't waste money on a data plan. There's no email so urgent that it can't wait until I get home and get on my computer. So, theoretically it's an Android device, but as I don't use any of the apps the operating system is irrelevant to me. I therefore checked "Other". The phone makes phone calls, which is good enough for me.

there is something called wifi you know... like at home or friends and family's place, if you're too cheap to have a data plan, you can always get some for free
Major betiko

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,