Conquer Club

Conquer Madness!!! (winners in OP)

Tournaments Completed in 2020

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Conquer Madness!!! (FULL/ONGOING)

Postby jytreberg on Fri May 24, 2019 9:19 am

To quote the great Stephen Strange minutes before being snapped out of existence by Thanos... "We're in the end game now." Sorry if that was a spoiler, but it's been over a year now people!

I looked at all the remaining games and a number of them are just a few territories from being over so I made the assumption that the teams with just a handful of territories left would lose and updated the standings accordingly. That said many things are becoming clear regarding the seedings for Stage 3.

Ohio State locked in at #1
Maryland locked in at #2
Oregon locks up the #3 spot with a win in their final game
Assuming Oregon wins, South Carolina is locked into the #4 spot, if Oregon loses, and South Carolina wins their two remaining (which looks likely) they will have the same record and same point total so they will play a tiebreaker quad game. **UPDATED**

#5-Kentucky locked in
#6-Likely Duke unless Illinois wins all four of their remaining games (not likely as it looks like they will split those games with N.C. State at best)
#7-Michigan State or Illinois (pending outcomes of those 4 games)
#8-Illinois or Michigan State (pending outcomes of those 4 games)

#9-Princeton (assuming Illinois wins at least two of remaining four, they will bump Princeton down to the #9. Illinois can also bump Princeton down with one Triples win which would give them a better overall record and equal points)
#10-UNLV (would need to win both of their remaining games (not likely based on territory counts) and have Illinois lose all remaining games to move up)
#11-Grand Valley State
#12-Kansas
#13-Pitt
#14-Notre Dame (wins tiebreaker over Northern Illinois with a better overall record)
#15-Northern Illinois
#16-Northwestern (wins tiebreaker over TCU with better overall record)

The full standings are below, but I have a feeling what I have listed above is what the final seedings will be once the remaining games finish. I think after the weekend, we might be in a position that any remaining games will not impact the seedings and be able to start Stage 3!

Conquer_Madness_Standings_20190524.png
Conquer Madness Standings-May 24, 2019
Private jytreberg

Postby Elaterate on Fri May 24, 2019 10:12 pm

Just to be clear with the "#2 seeds"...

The line... After all Conference games have finished the top 2 teams with the most points from each Conference will lock up a spot for the final stage.... in the O.P....

Was meant for Conferences of 6 teams each because 6 teams would increase the chance (although still unlikely) that a team that finishes 2nd in their Conference didn't have as many overall points then 16 other teams in the tournament...

Example: (with 6 teams and it could still work with 5)

Conference A: 5 teams get in

Conference B: 5 teams get in

Conference C: 5 teams get in

Conference D: would leave room for only 1st place finisher....

but I want to reward any team for at least getting 2nd place in their Conference with a spot in the Playoffs but that 2nd place team shouldn't get a higher seed if 1, or 2+ teams have a higher point total.

Top finishers in each Conference are the only teams that are guaranteed to get a high seed... everyone else is seeded by point total and in the rare chance (which we are not going to run into it) a #2 team has less points then 12 other teams (+ the 4 Conference winners of course) they would still get in... as the #16 seed
Captain Elaterate

Postby jytreberg on Sat May 25, 2019 10:02 am

Following on E's post from yesterday, attached is the updated standings.

Conquer_Madness_Standings_20190525.png
Conquer Madness Standings-May 25, 2019
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Tue May 28, 2019 9:11 am

Only six games remaining and N.C. State and Missouri still have an outside chance of making it into the dance. South Carolina could still make for a tiebreakers against Oregon unless UNLV plays spoiler to jump up the rankings a bit.

Conquer_Madness_Standings_20190528.png
Conquer Madness Standings-May 28, 2019
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Wed May 29, 2019 8:56 am

No update today. No additional games complete.
Private jytreberg

Postby Elaterate on Wed May 29, 2019 10:58 am

jytreberg wrote:No update today. No additional games complete.

That's technically an update ;)
Captain Elaterate

Postby jytreberg on Fri May 31, 2019 8:58 am

Missed yesterday's update with being busy at work, but here is the current standings table. With their win over Missouri, South Carolina pulls into a tie for 3rd place with Oregon. If Oregon loses their final game, we will need a tiebreaker to determine #3-4 seeds. N.C. State also notched another win, giving them a little life to jump into the 16 spot, again, relying on Oregon to win over Northwestern and keep the door open for the last spot.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Conquer_Madness_Standings_20190531.png
Conquer Madness Standings-May 31, 2019
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:59 pm

No changes to the standings from Friday as of today. That is all.
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 am

I haven't posted updates all week since no games have finished. We still don't have any additional games finishing, but the Oregon Northwestern game that was still ongoing is all but wrapped up so I called that for Oregon. That win moves Oregon into the #3 spot, keeping South Carolina in 4th and avoiding a tiebreaker for that spot. We have three games left, UNLV vs. Missouri, and two with Illinois and N.C. State. Hopefully we finish some of these off this weekend so we can move into the final phase soon!

Conquer_Madness_Standings_20190607.png
Conquer Madness Standings-June 7, 2019
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:28 am

N.C. State grabbed another win, moving into a tie with Missouri for 18th place. Unfortunately, both are still out of stage 3 at this point, but both are still in the two remaining games and have a chance to move into a 3 or 4-way tie with Northern Illinois and Notre Dame for the 14th spot. At which point there will be some sort of tiebreaker, depending on how many teams are tied in that spot.
Private jytreberg

Postby All Black Rugby on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Tks for the updates guys.
Haven't played a game in this for so long!
Colonel All Black Rugby

Postby Elaterate on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Same here and not sure when we will get to play more games because some Captains are not responding to PMs :(
Captain Elaterate

Postby DBandit70 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Elaterate wrote:Same here and not sure when we will get to play more games because some Captains are not responding to PMs :(

lol could not of been mine i responded fast :lol:
Captain DBandit70

Postby jytreberg on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:41 am

Still have two games going in this stage, but we're getting close to finishing those up. No updates to standings until either or both of those games finish.
Private jytreberg

Postby Elaterate on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:23 pm

We need 3 Tiebreaker games to be played for seeding into the playoffs (and two teams are playing for last spot into playoffs). One of those games is already complete with the other two underway.... Playoffs will be starting once those games are complete!!!
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 pm

Game invites for the PLAYOFFS will be sent out next Friday (7/19)... if any of the tiebreaker games are still going on I will still send out all the invites I can on Friday... Let the anticipation begin!!! ;)
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm

Had an extremely busy day today and one Captain hasn't responded to a PM I sent a week ago to get the Playoffs started so I'll be sending out the invites tomorrow
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Elaterate wrote:We need 3 Tiebreaker games to be played for seeding into the playoffs (and two teams are playing for last spot into playoffs). One of those games is already complete with the other two underway.... Playoffs will be starting once those games are complete!!!

Northern Illinois beat Notre Dame in one Tiebreaker game to claim to the #14 seed and giving Notre Dame the #15 seed...

TCU beat Northwestern to claim the #16 seed and end Northwestern's Tournament...

Princeton and Illinois are still playing their tiebreaker game to decide who gets the extra home game between the #8 seed and #9 seed but all Round 1 games have been sent except for that extra home game.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

NOTE* don't pay much attention to the seeding numbers on challonge.com.... I can't seem to get it perfect but the bracket placings are correct.
Captain Elaterate

Postby JPlo64 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:47 am

Dude, Please update the link to the scoring spreadsheet on the first page.
It is still going to the WRONG ONE and I had to spend way to much time digging trying to figure out what on earth is going on in this thing, lol.

CORRECT Link: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... wKwzKG6OPg

INCORRECT Link: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 0h1hA0u9rk
Major JPlo64

Postby Elaterate on Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:04 pm

JPlo64 wrote:Dude, Please update the link to the scoring spreadsheet on the first page.
It is still going to the WRONG ONE and I had to spend way to much time digging trying to figure out what on earth is going on in this thing, lol.

CORRECT Link: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... wKwzKG6OPg

INCORRECT Link: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 0h1hA0u9rk

Done.... jytreberg is doing the spreedsheet out of the kindness of his heart so I didn't realize I needed to update the link, sorry

There is a Bracket link here and there and here BRACKET again too :)
Captain Elaterate

Postby jytreberg on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Elaterate wrote:There is a Bracket link here and there and here BRACKET again too :)

Alternate bracket with live(ish) scoring on how many games each team has won in the set.
Conquer_Madness_Bracket_20190729.png
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:04 pm

Updated Bracket for today. Most match-ups only have 1-2 games complete at most, but the 4/13 of South Carolina and Pitt already has the Gamecocks with a 4-0 lead. One more game win gets them an invitation to the Elite Eight (or whatever we're calling it for this tournament).

#3 Oregon also has a 2-0 lead over #14 Northern Illinois while Cinderella TCU (16) took their first game against top seeded Ohio State!

Conquer_Madness_Bracket_20190731.png
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:45 am

The 5/12 match-up of Kentucky and Kansas is the first to finish 5 games and they are currently split 3-2 with Kentucky leading. Notre Dame also won another game to bring their 2/15 match-up into a 2-2 tie.

Conquer_Madness_Bracket_20190801.png
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:01 am

Only one game completed since yesterday's update, but it was a biggie. South Carolina won their 5th game in their set against the Pitt. Panthers, moving on to Round 2 and knocking Pitt. out of the tournament.

Conquer_Madness_Bracket_20190802.png
Private jytreberg

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2020