Conquer Club

2020 CC Olympics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 2020 CC Olympics - ONGOING - HAVE FUN!

Postby Mad777 on Wed May 06, 2020 7:24 am

I have noticed the time not being accurate but being properly scheduled per the list I’m assuming there is bottle neck in the system, not the first time happening.

Unfortunately and because all has been scheduled for the 31 different tournaments BW will probably not play and issue new tournament iteration manually.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 am

josko.ri wrote:I might be too strict, but last iteration of Fractured Kimono started at 6.55 CC Time, as can be seen in Game 19943475 but new iteration was never produced although new iterations should be produced until 7.00 CC Time.

Also, the first iteration of a tournament is usually produced around 7.15/19.15, therefore the Fractured Kimono series was opened for 23.40 hours instead of 24 hours.

Can an additional iteration of Fractured Kimono be released manually to make up for this mistake?

the last iteration and finale game, finished after 7am

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=19943574

2020-05-06 07:06:22 - FuegoFuego won the game

therefore it was out of the window for a new iteration.

tournament are usually open for 24 hours, not 12hrs as you assumed, first game started 5/5 around 8am
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 06, 2020 7:41 am

Mad777 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:I might be too strict, but last iteration of Fractured Kimono started at 6.55 CC Time, as can be seen in Game 19943475 but new iteration was never produced although new iterations should be produced until 7.00 CC Time.

Also, the first iteration of a tournament is usually produced around 7.15/19.15, therefore the Fractured Kimono series was opened for 23.40 hours instead of 24 hours.

Can an additional iteration of Fractured Kimono be released manually to make up for this mistake?

the last iteration and finale game, finished after 7am

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=19943574

2020-05-06 07:06:22 - FuegoFuego won the game

therefore it was out of the window for a new iteration.

tournament are usually open for 24 hours, not 12hrs as you assumed, first game started 5/5 around 8am

But new iterations are usually produced immediately after START of preceding iteration, not after end of preceding iteration.

Casual tournaments do not wait that preceding iteration ends, and for Speed tournaments there are the same rules.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Wed May 06, 2020 7:48 am

for the minute difference you noticed there is perhaps some lag as I said, I have let BW knows about the lag, but again no manual release to be made and for few minutes delay, 23h40min should be still enough to have people joining.

On another topic I have noticed this tournament (CC Olympics - From 20W to 160E, Have Fun!) has only 1 game in Round 1 instead of 3, can’t remember for sure but the logic would have been 3 as all other rounds, not having any elimination throughout the tournament setup and because the first iteration started already, no correction to be made.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Fri May 08, 2020 10:23 am

Iron Silk project last iteration has 12 seats remaining:

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=9048
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am

What happened that numbers on the Tribe Scoreboard have suddenly changed?
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Wed May 13, 2020 1:12 pm

josko.ri wrote:What happened that numbers on the Tribe Scoreboard have suddenly changed?

what do you mean? I have only ask BW to add the Tribes avatar by the players in order to help to found who is with which Tribes now that the Tribes’ roster are locked since Friday
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 13, 2020 5:47 pm

M&S number of participating players was 16 yesterday, 12 today. M&S score was 41 yesterday, 39 today. We didnt have any change in roster within last one month.
FBRD had 14 participating players yesterday, 20 today.
Major josko.ri

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed May 13, 2020 6:11 pm

josko.ri wrote:M&S number of participating players was 16 yesterday, 12 today. M&S score was 41 yesterday, 39 today. We didnt have any change in roster within last one month.
FBRD had 14 participating players yesterday, 20 today.

The board is definitely bugged. For example, both Mokerslag and Free Syrian Army both have M&S icons next to their names and neither are in our tribe. It looks like if someone is not in a tribe, the icon just copies that of the person above them who is in a tribe and repeats until it reaches the next player who is actually in a tribe then starts to copy the new tribe logo until another player actually in a tribe, ect. Idk if this is just a visual bug or if it also impacting tribe stats.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Mad777 on Thu May 14, 2020 12:00 am

yep i have noticed that for WTF as well, passed on to BW to rectify it...should be a quick fix hopefully.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Fri May 15, 2020 10:12 am

How is it possible that general cod has 2 Gold medals when only one spee tournament series so far was issuing Gold medals?
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Fri May 15, 2020 10:48 am

josko.ri wrote:How is it possible that general cod has 2 Gold medals when only one spee tournament series so far was issuing Gold medals?

should be a bug, reported to webmaster...
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 am

Mad777 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:How is it possible that general cod has 2 Gold medals when only one spee tournament series so far was issuing Gold medals?

It is also written that M&S Tribe has 3 Gold medals now. From players, I have 1 and general cod has 2. Therefore, I guess that the system still calculates Tribeless players as like they belong to the Tribe of player above them, although their Tribe avatar is successfully removed.

For reference, I manually counted that M&S should have at least 46 points and FBRD at least 48 points.
Major josko.ri

Re: 2020 CC Olympics [05/16/2020]

Postby Mad777 on Sat May 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Last tournament to open this evening 19:00 (+20 minutes), Closing Ceremonies!

I want to already thanks everyone for your participations, it seems this year have been so far a nice success =D> =D> =D>

Now, this doesn't mean it's over yet...all those launched tournaments will need to end before we can crown the champions :D , long road!
May the best win and as far the organization team, we will see you next year after the year end CC event, for the 2021 Edition, same style, same tournaments, same fun! My hope to be having few more Tribes created by then so we can extend the fun a little more 8-)

Cheers all!

Mad
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Pirlo on Sat May 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Mad777 wrote:Last tournament to open this evening 19:00 (+20 minutes), Closing Ceremonies!

I want to already thanks everyone for your participations, it seems this year have been so far a nice success =D> =D> =D>

Now, this doesn't mean it's over yet...all those launched tournaments will need to end before we can crown the champions :D , long road!
May the best win and as far the organization team, we will see you next year after the year end CC event, for the 2021 Edition, same style, same tournaments, same fun! My hope to be having few more Tribes created by then so we can extend the fun a little more 8-)

Cheers all!

Mad

It has been fun indeed. I'd like to seize the opportunity to say thanks to all people involved in this, both participants and organizers.

I have a cute suggestion for you (the organizers), and I hope you consider it. I think it would be cool if there are few team tournaments because real Olympics include team competitions like football, basketball, handball, hockey... etc. I would get tribe mates into team games for a change, and it may encourage people to join and/or create tribes. In the next edition, maybe give it a try with doubles only to see if people like it.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it viable in auto tournaments, or if anyone would volunteer to make them manually.

Thank you again, and you I hope all of you and your families are safe!
Captain Pirlo

Postby josko.ri on Sat May 16, 2020 9:00 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

It is also written that M&S Tribe has 3 Gold medals now. From players, I have 1 and general cod has 2. Therefore, I guess that the system still calculates Tribeless players as like they belong to the Tribe of player above them, although their Tribe avatar is successfully removed.

For reference, I manually counted that M&S should have at least 46 points and FBRD at least 48 points.

Is webmaster aware about this issue?
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Sun May 17, 2020 4:25 pm

josko.ri wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Yes i have made him aware, and we are following up what is going on, as right now your Tribes shows 3 golds in Tribes ranking while only 2 of your members got a gold.
For some reason the automate keep moving around and change score quiet often that is not reflecting the reality, it award the medals twice in some speed tournament.

Hope to get it fix before more tournament completes, so far no non-speed tournament have completed (i have made the list in the OP and turned green those which are done).
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Sun May 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Last tournament to open this evening 19:00 (+20 minutes), Closing Ceremonies!

Cheers all!

Mad

It has been fun indeed. I'd like to seize the opportunity to say thanks to all people involved in this, both participants and organizers.

I have a cute suggestion for you (the organizers), and I hope you consider it. I think it would be cool if there are few team tournaments because real Olympics include team competitions like football, basketball, handball, hockey... etc. I would get tribe mates into team games for a change, and it may encourage people to join and/or create tribes. In the next edition, maybe give it a try with doubles only to see if people like it.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it viable in auto tournaments, or if anyone would volunteer to make them manually.

Thanks for your comment mate, i’m glad you enjoyed it since i had good time setting it up, now as far the team add’on, I have already tested the auto tournament capacity for this game type (team in general) and it is far from being friendly, in the event of an issue you can’t replace a player, also everything has to be made manually into the auto tournament coding which make it painful and non-sense.
Regarding adding manual team tournament i doubt this to be added to this event, perhaps less 1v1 and more multi players that would make sense and more easy to implement (as long as the big boss is agreeing)

On the other hands I’m working on bringing novelties for Tribes event/tournament, right now only 1v1 & Poly are used for Tribes league and war and i always wanted to add more spice to this part of the site (Tribes) because what i’m seeing is basically a replica of what Clans does but using 1v1/Poly.
My wish is to have something out in early July and hope it will be as successful as my hopes are. Tribes is meant to be more layback than Clans and to bring novelties as far Team playing against other teams. We have considered adding team type gaming but not the one you may think of ;)

Stay tuned!
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Caymanmew on Sun May 17, 2020 8:32 pm

Pirlo wrote:

Cheers all!

Mad

Let me touch on this quickly.

Any major team tournament that is done will be primarily made of up teams of clans, especially the top teams. The Championships Teams is a good example. The Championships have major prizes for tribes and is a tribe focused event but in the Championship Teams most of the teams are made up from clans not tribes.

On top of that most tribes are built form clans. FBRD is the only mixed group of the better tribes. Most of the rest are primarily one clan with a few extra people added in.

Rise = Fall
M&S = S&M
WTF = LHDD
FUG = TOFU
AW = ATL

Team game based tribe events just become another clan event in most cases.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Re: 2020 CC Olympics [05/17/2020]

Postby Mad777 on Sun May 17, 2020 8:41 pm

I just want to elaborate a bit more about your vision of Championships being Tribes oriented, Championships are primarily individual, prestige of gathering the championships medal is nothing to compare of a Credits sharing awarded to the best tribes, same for the red star awarded to the player who end up at top of the scoreboard.
Each winner of a single championship to receive more credits individually and mainly a “championships medal”.
Tribes scoreboard for championships has been made an add’on that is less prestigious than winning by yourself.
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: 2020 CC Olympics [05/17/2020]

Postby Pirlo on Sun May 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Interesting! I think I need to read more about Championships because I haven't bother to check it out yet.
Captain Pirlo

Postby josko.ri on Mon May 18, 2020 8:20 am

Mad777 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Yes i have made him aware, and we are following up what is going on, as right now your Tribes shows 3 golds in Tribes ranking while only 2 of your members got a gold.
For some reason the automate keep moving around and change score quiet often that is not reflecting the reality, it award the medals twice in some speed tournament.

Hope to get it fix before more tournament completes, so far no non-speed tournament have completed (i have made the list in the OP and turned green those which are done).

I already determined what is going on.

All Tribeless Players' scores are mistakenly counted for a Tribe one place above them in the ranking. For example, score of general cod (10 points) is mistakenly counted for Mystica because above him is oilhoots who belongs to Mystica. Then, score of ABD - PFDR (7 points) is mistakenly counted for Conquerians because above him is HaroldHadrada who belongs to Conquerians. This principle is mistakenly used throughout the whole scoreboard, making much more of "participating" Tribe members and making the Scoreboard incorrect.

My Tribe mistakenly got one extra Gold Medal counted from templeyard, because above him in the Scoreboard is shoop76 who belongs to my Tribe.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 am

josko.ri wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

I already determined what is going on.

All Tribeless Players' scores are mistakenly counted for a Tribe one place above them in the ranking. For example, score of general cod (10 points) is mistakenly counted for Mystica because above him is oilhoots who belongs to Mystica. Then, score of ABD - PFDR (7 points) is mistakenly counted for Conquerians because above him is HaroldHadrada who belongs to Conquerians. This principle is mistakenly used throughout the whole scoreboard, making much more of "participating" Tribe members and making the Scoreboard incorrect.

My Tribe mistakenly got one extra Gold Medal counted from templeyard, because above him in the Scoreboard is shoop76 who belongs to my Tribe.

yep seems correct.
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: 2020 CC Olympics [05/18/2020]

Postby Mad777 on Mon May 18, 2020 9:42 am

let’s see how it goes now, webmaster has worked the issue and hopefully we will see the scoring remaining accurate all along the event from now on, he is still monitoring few things to ensure nothing else.

thanks josko for your time and analysis, it helped a lot 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: 2020 CC Olympics

Postby Mad777 on Fri May 22, 2020 11:12 am

Other than speed, no other tournaments has ended for now...stay tuned!
Lieutenant Mad777

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives