Conquer Club

Clan Player Recruitment and Leadership Training Program

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Player Recruitment and Leadership Training Program

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:17 pm

The CD team is actively trying to recruit new players and returning players to clans.

The idea is to create "Test" Clans in groups of about 30 that will be designated as social groups at first. Myself and the other CDs will join these groups and aide in training players in basic team game/clan etiquette. We will also be teaching basic clan leadership skills; such as recruiting players, negotiating and planning wars, creating games and maintaining a "healthy" clan.

The number of active clan leaders on the site is dwindling and if something isn't done now, there won't be people willing to lead no matter how many people are brought into clans; that is why we need to address both issues simultaneously.

If anyone wishes to help aide in these endeavors, please let us know; we can form a skype group to discuss and/or assign people to different "Test Clans". Please share any thoughts/ideas you may have to make this process go smoother.

If anyone wishes to be a part of one of the test clans, even if simply for the leadership aspect, please PM me with details and I will make sure you get placed asap.

Thank you!
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: Clan Player Recruitment and Leadership Training Program

Postby fishydance on Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:41 pm

groovysmurf wrote:If anyone wishes to help aide in these endeavors, please let us know; we can form a skype group to discuss and/or assign people to different "Test Clans". Please share any thoughts/ideas you may have to make this process go smoother.

Thank you!

I will help!
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:05 pm

to clarify, this is essentially trying to create new leaders for clans? or at least equip more people to get involved

i'd join but it's on skype so lol
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:17 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:to clarify, this is essentially trying to create new leaders for clans? or at least equip more people to get involved

i'd join but it's on skype so lol

Yes, exactly, as well as bringing in new players simultaneously. Both are needed, as well as aiding dying clans wherever we can.

Oh, you love skype. :P
Fine, we can do it on Discord then, just for you! :)
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:33 pm

if its discord im in

pretty sure i can give some insight on good recruitment strategies if nothing else

might even learn something myself
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:34 pm

surprised there isnt more interest here

even top clans have been cycling leadership both successfully and not in recent years

and any clans looking to level up should 100% be interested in this
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:39 pm

Well i for once would like the idea to train some people to help them form a new clan. I would be willing to play games with them if needed as long as it doesn't affect my games with AWOL.
I can learn clan leadership myself as I lack experience in that.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:44 pm

I also think this is a great idea, especially the leadership part.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby MTIceman41 on Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:35 pm

Interested and would love to help
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby chanakam2020 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:16 pm

Take me in (For leadership stuffs) =D>
Cook chanakam2020

Postby wcwnww on Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 pm

my score is so low bcos left years ago with a lot of games playing, usually i stay major, love foggy and esc. will not play flat rate, but will all others. would love to join to be actively intense, i am retired so i can do lots...just let me know. i will do like SoC, suggest my turn then wait for responses
Sergeant 1st Class wcwnww

Postby JJ41375 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:10 am

I am just finding some time to check the forums...busy rl the past few weeks.

I really like this idea and would be interested.

JJ
Lieutenant JJ41375
SoC Training Adviser

Postby machrs on Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Interested in helping out!
Nothing like good clan battles!
Private 1st Class machrs

Postby wcwnww on Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:03 am

i really want in
Sergeant 1st Class wcwnww

Postby groovysmurf on Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:33 am

JJ41375 wrote:I am just finding some time to check the forums...busy rl the past few weeks.

I really like this idea and would be interested.

JJ

Awesome! Thank you. I'll send you a PM tomorrow. :)

machrs wrote:Interested in helping out!
Nothing like good clan battles!

wcwnww wrote:i really want in

No worries, you're both in. There was just a slight delay getting the groups together. We'll be putting everyone in tomorrow evening, though.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby kizkiz on Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:14 pm

So, how labour intensive do you envisage this being?
I can probably manage checking discord fairly regularly and playing a few extra games
It wasn't that long ago I was running a clan I suppose. :lol:
Major kizkiz

Postby kizkiz on Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:16 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:pretty sure i can give some insight on good recruitment strategies if nothing else

I'm not sure that the promise of dick pics is always going to be successful :o :lol:
Major kizkiz

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:42 am

kizkiz wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:pretty sure i can give some insight on good recruitment strategies if nothing else

I'm not sure that the promise of dick pics is always going to be successful :o :lol:

depends on the dick... i prefer kneecaps anyway.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Barns on Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 pm

Still room in a clan for me somewhere? :)
Captain Barns

Postby Fewnix on Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:01 am

In please
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby Ragnars Wolves on Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:31 am

Being a long time player, but of a lower rank (now anyway), here is my take if you want a take from those you want to recruit. Clans are fun and the comraderies you make last a long time!! That's the good part!! I have been in a clan and the maps they play (as well as settings) like Antarctica just for example (and many others) are NOT the usual maps people that you are looking for are playing I would suppose (and for the most part people have NO idea they are going to play those maps and only bring the clan down. It isn't fun for them OR the clan members that take the loss. ASK what maps are good for recruits or prospective recruits and place them accordingly. Settings are very important also, for exactly the same reasons. Believe it or not (even in todays world) some do NOT like trench, & some do not like freestyle or escalating. But they are shoved into those games. which hurts the clans chances as well as no fun for the guy that does NOT play or understand the settings. Just my opinion..
Sergeant 1st Class Ragnars Wolves

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:56 pm

Ragnars Wolves wrote:Being a long time player, but of a lower rank (now anyway), here is my take if you want a take from those you want to recruit. Clans are fun and the comraderies you make last a long time!! That's the good part!! I have been in a clan and the maps they play (as well as settings) like Antarctica just for example (and many others) are NOT the usual maps people that you are looking for are playing I would suppose (and for the most part people have NO idea they are going to play those maps and only bring the clan down. It isn't fun for them OR the clan members that take the loss. ASK what maps are good for recruits or prospective recruits and place them accordingly. Settings are very important also, for exactly the same reasons. Believe it or not (even in todays world) some do NOT like trench, & some do not like freestyle or escalating. But they are shoved into those games. which hurts the clans chances as well as no fun for the guy that does NOT play or understand the settings. Just my opinion..

Thanks for the feedback. Happy to address the concerns here in this open forum for anyone who is reading as well as yourself. I spent years looking at clans from afar and rejecting invitations to join so I think sometimes my perspective on this is rather different from of those who have been playing in clans for 15 years or whatever.

1. The maps that are played in clans vary. You have home maps, in which you choose your own maps as a team, and you have away maps that other teams choose. I can give you a list of the top ten maps used in Premier Division last year and I think you'd be surprised (Antarctica is not one of them). Point being, sure, the other team might throw maps out there that you don't know but you also have the opportunity to use maps that you DO know. And you have an opportunity to learn maps that you otherwise wouldn't. This has certainly been the case for me.

and for the most part people have NO idea they are going to play those maps and only bring the clan down

A clan with good leadership should never be throwing a player into something that they have no idea is coming. There should be enough players and enough communication to avoid any surprises. Of course you may be needed in a map or maps that you are not overly familiar with but SOMEONE in the game likely will be. So you can follow along with instructions, ask questions and over time you'll learn how to play it. I have multiple examples of maps and settings I was clueless on, I was put in the games, followed along and now I lead games on those same maps. It's all about how it's approached by both you and your leaders.

3. There are no freestyle games in clans.

4. As for settings - this is the same as maps. You choose your settings for half the games, the other team chooses theirs. This is where building a well rounded team comes into play. I do not enjoy escalating games, thus I typically don't play them in clan games because we have plenty of people who DO enjoy them. There are times when I am needed and again, I just do what I'm told and try to learn.

Lastly, I absolutely agree that clans are great fun. If you are a competitive person - you play other games, you play fantasy sports, you like team sports, those kinds of things - then clans are absolutely worth looking into. It's not entirely what it's perceived as and I think many people would be pleasantly surprised at that. Getting in with the right crew who mesh with what you want out of it is critical and I think that's what we are hoping to achieve here. Building some well rounded teams who get along, place some players in existing clans and grow this super engaging and fun part of the site.

Excellent feedback and I hope that alleviates some of what you're concerned about. Please do not hesitate to engage if you're interested, have questions, concerns or anything else that pops up.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:55 pm

Ragnars Wolves wrote:Being a long time player, but of a lower rank (now anyway), here is my take if you want a take from those you want to recruit. Clans are fun and the comraderies you make last a long time!! That's the good part!! I have been in a clan and the maps they play (as well as settings) like Antarctica just for example (and many others) are NOT the usual maps people that you are looking for are playing I would suppose (and for the most part people have NO idea they are going to play those maps and only bring the clan down. It isn't fun for them OR the clan members that take the loss. ASK what maps are good for recruits or prospective recruits and place them accordingly. Settings are very important also, for exactly the same reasons. Believe it or not (even in todays world) some do NOT like trench, & some do not like freestyle or escalating. But they are shoved into those games. which hurts the clans chances as well as no fun for the guy that does NOT play or understand the settings. Just my opinion..

Yeah, I agree with everything NSS said above.

From my own experience:

Admittedly, I haven't a clue how to play Antartica. (I should learn lol) I might have gotten roped into it a few times, but I don't think it's come up enough times, or we now have enough people in our clan qualified to play that map, so I don't have to.

But, I have made it my business to find non-standard maps that I like and learn those. There's a whole world of maps out there, and I'm sure there are a few that will click for you. Doesn't hurt to find someone who knows a particular map you're interested in learning and ask them to play Doubles with you.

A good clan leader won't dump games into the hands of people who are clueless on them. If there aren't enough players who are really good on a certain map, someone might be asked to join it anyway as a follower and take instruction from their team leader. This doesn't mean that you have to just follow along and say nothing. You can ask your team leader why they suggested that move, and not something else that you thought was better. A good teammate will answer your questions on why they've made the suggestions they did. They'll want to see you improve or learn that map. They'll want their teammates to be capable of taking turns among themselves if the team leader isn't around to make the final suggestion/give go ahead on a turn. You want communication as much as possible because that's how you win competitive games. That established team might then be asked to play that same map together when it comes up because they'll all know what they are doing.

I was pretty much a noob when I joined KoRT/S&M nearly 10 years ago. I joined in 2009, left and returned in late 2012 with less than 100 games played, a few months later, a clan recruited me. I didn't have the confidence to lead clan games, but I learned from those who were leading. I would ask "why" if I didn't understand a strategy and it's how I learned. I think if I wasn't in a clan, I might have left the site again years ago. I might not have returned again.

If you find the right group of people, it'll improve your gameplay as well as build some friendships. It would be nice to see a new clan or two forming. But also, to see some of the existing clans with low active membership getting a bit of a player boost.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sukit on Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:04 pm

I am interested let me know.
Cadet sukit

Postby gorehound on Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:01 am

Just posting my support for this whole approach and effort. Unfortunately, RL has me buried up to my neck atm, so can only applaud for the moment. Good work!
Captain gorehound

Next

Return to Clan Archives