ConfederateSS wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2026 7:10 am
-------------[size=20 THEY ARE NOT JUST PEOPLE.......THEY ARE TEACHERS..........YOU KNOW............SCHOOL.......HISTORY IS TAUGHT IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...APATH.........[/size]...

ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)...
As a high school teacher, I want to add a few comments.
First, I never felt a need to try to indoctrinate students, especially about Politics. I avoided the topic, mostly. I tried NOT to reveal too much about my Political Views while Teaching. Teaching Science, I rarely discussed Politics while Teaching.
I know the teacher of Government at the Public High School I was at for a long time and he TRIED very much to NOT let his personal political views be known. He taught high school seniors, just before they graduate (that is, in their last year of High School, and formal education for many).
Recently, I had a student who called the USA misogynistic. I challenged her on that view during Lunch (during COVID, students were not allowed to congregate in large groups in the Cafeteria and they ate in the classrooms. I had a small group of my students join me in my classroom during Lunch when she said this. I gave her two articles to read, one on the killing of a married woman by her husband's family in India, and one on female "surgery” by Muslims in Africa. I asked her to read the articles, and we can discuss them later. I started to think why she would have such extremist views about the USA and was sure she did NOT LEARN such things in our History Classes at our small Christian Private School. In talking to her History Teacher, we concluded that she got those views from Social Media. She was BIG into Social Media, based on some of her stories of what she does in her free time. It was Social Media, NOT our School or her Teachers, that made her think such things.
People forget the impact of peers, and especially Social Media, when blaming Teachers and Schools for extremist views of some folks, especially for younger ones, such as High School Students. Do you think the mass killers learn to do things in school? NO, it is Social Media. When Students get caught up in some small group, they can and DO use that small Social Media group to form opinions on many matters.
As demonstrated in this very Forum, many people around the world want to blame the US for many problems in the world. Some are justified and some are not. Being the world's preeminent power and influence in matters of Culture, Military, Technology, and Economics (and more), that is not surprising. Who blames Sierra Leone or Myanmar for the world problems?