Conquer Club

Holding a Continent

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How do you defend your continents?

Total votes : 0

Postby Rocketry on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:41 pm

The best way to defend a continent is to put ALL the arimes you wish to dedicate to the defense of that continent on the border, ON THE BORDERS - coz that is where you will get attacked. Ignore all these people that have 5 backed up by 3 backed up by 2. Its the bonus you want to defend.

For example if you wanted to defend north america on the classic map divide your forces between Central America, Alaska and Greenland. You may want to distribute unequally according to threat at a particular border.

If you own places like kamchatka and iceland then fort to there so as not to trap your forces.

Finally - remember that a truce.alliance/pact with a next door neighbour is very effective and worth thinking about.

Rocketry
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby MR. Nate on Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:42 pm

Rocketry wrote:The best way to defend a continent is to put ALL the arimes you wish to dedicate to the defense of that continent on the border, ON THE BORDERS - coz that is where you will get attacked. Ignore all these people that have 5 backed up by 3 backed up by 2. Its the bonus you want to defend.

For example if you wanted to defend north america on the classic map divide your forces between Central America, Alaska and Greenland. You may want to distribute unequally according to threat at a particular border.

If you own places like kamchatka and iceland then fort to there so as not to trap your forces.

Finally - remember that a truce.alliance/pact with a next door neighbour is very effective and worth thinking about.

Rocketry

When i use the 2 deep border, I usually have one outside the continent and one inside, so if I'm defending N.A. and I've got a truce to the south, I'd have three or four on Kamchatka , Alaska, Greenland & Iceland. It's actually most effective with very low numbers of troops. A pair of twos gives you a better shot at defending than a three and a one.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby Bob Janova on Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:52 am

Rocketry wrote:The best way to defend a continent is to put ALL the arimes you wish to dedicate to the defense of that continent on the border, ON THE BORDERS - coz that is where you will get attacked.

This is the way that gives you the best chance of keeping the bonus when under attack. However, if you are breached, there is a significant danger of losing the continent entirely, as your field of 1s behind the border can be rampaged through mercilessly.
Private Bob Janova

Postby Rocketry on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:07 am

MR. Nate wrote:
Rocketry wrote:The best way to defend a continent is to put ALL the arimes you wish to dedicate to the defense of that continent on the border, ON THE BORDERS - coz that is where you will get attacked. Ignore all these people that have 5 backed up by 3 backed up by 2. Its the bonus you want to defend.

Rocketry

When i use the 2 deep border, I usually have one outside the continent and one inside, so if I'm defending N.A. and I've got a truce to the south, I'd have three or four on Kamchatka , Alaska, Greenland & Iceland. It's actually most effective with very low numbers of troops. A pair of twos gives you a better shot at defending than a three and a one.

Well ultimatly it makes no difference to the actulal defence. If you do it my way - put all the men in alaska onto kamchatka and all the men in grenland onto iceland - then you have a maximum attack force as well. No men are trapped behond others.

Rocketry
Last edited by Rocketry on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby Rocketry on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:10 am

Bob Janova wrote:
Rocketry wrote:The best way to defend a continent is to put ALL the arimes you wish to dedicate to the defense of that continent on the border, ON THE BORDERS - coz that is where you will get attacked.

This is the way that gives you the best chance of keeping the bonus when under attack. However, if you are breached, there is a significant danger of losing the continent entirely, as your field of 1s behind the border can be rampaged through mercilessly.

NO!

If you are trying to defend a continent put all the men ON the borders. That keep te enemy force of X size out.

You only have a certain amount of men in a continent. They may as well be on the border to protect the bonus. Putting 2 lines of resistance just means you will lose the bonus more easily, and makes NO difference to whether the enemy gets the continent.

Rocketry
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby MeDeFe on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:56 am

Not really Rocketry, I often go with a 2 tier defensive system, enough in front to make breaking the continent expensive, and a force behind it to retaliate with, noone wants to break a continent if it means he's going to lose his own bonus the next turn.

That works especially well on continents with several borders that all are connected to one single territory, Europe on the Classic map for example, Ukraine, Western and Southern Europe can be lightly defended if you have a big force on Northern Europe as a threat.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Rocketry on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:13 pm

MeDeFe wrote:Not really Rocketry, I often go with a 2 tier defensive system, enough in front to make breaking the continent expensive, and a force behind it to retaliate with, noone wants to break a continent if it means he's going to lose his own bonus the next turn.

That works especially well on continents with several borders that all are connected to one single territory, Europe on the Classic map for example, Ukraine, Western and Southern Europe can be lightly defended if you have a big force on Northern Europe as a threat.

I agree - what your saying is there are other ways to defend a continent, other than just putting men on the borders. You can write in game chat "If anyone attacks my continent, i will suicide on them" if ya really wanna.

Rocketry
Lieutenant Rocketry

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion