Conquer Club

Whac-A-Mod IV [Mods: 420 | Community: 416] FINAL

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Whac-A-Mod IV [Mods: 420 | Community: 416] FINAL

Postby samuelc812 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Whac-a-Mod IV

Members of Conquer Club,

The rivalry continues! :twisted:

For those of you who don't know what Whac-A-Mod is all about, let me give you some background. Whac-a-Mod is a tradition which began back in February of 2009. This is when a rivalry was birthed between TeamCC and the Community of Conquer Club. Whac-a-Mod is a game challenge event where TeamCC and the Community go head to head in games. The goal of the community is to beat us, "the mods", while our goal is to win to stop you. Each game that either side wins is a point to that team.

Mods create games for the community to join, and the community attempt to "whac" the mods. Your aim obviously is to win and score a point for the community. While our goal is to stop you and win a point for us! :)

Since the very first Whac-a-Mod in February 2009, we have had two others since then in October 2009 and May 2010. The current score is 2 - 1, to the Mods! What will happen this year?? Will the Mods extend their lead to 3 - 1 or shall the community bring down the hammer on us and tie everything up at 2 - 2 8-[ BRING IT ON!!!!! :twisted:

Up to the challenge? Time will tell if you can beat the coloured names this time around :).

Onto the specifics.......

When will the event occur?

How do i participate?

Multiplayer and 1v1 Games

Moderators will be creating a heap of 1v1 and Multiplayer (Standard, Team, Assassin and Terminator) games throughout the celebration, they could be speed or they could be casual.

Click Here for Waiting Whac-A-Mod Games

Click Here for Waiting Speed Whac-A-Mod Games

Each game will either have a password attached to the label or will have instructions on how you can obtain the password and commence battle. For example a mod might put "Come to Live Chat" which would mean you need to go to live chat to obtain the password, or it might be a trivia question whose answer is the password. Find a game you want to join and have some fun! :)

Alternatively, the games will appear in your Join A Game tab of your Games Menu. Once inside of the Join A Game section of the site, look inside the Speed Games and Tournament Games areas to find games with the label "Whac-A-Mod 4 May 2011" as those are the ones that will count.

IMPORTANT: In Multiplayer Games (non 1v1), the winner of the game will be credited with the whac. If you eliminate the mod but you don't win the game, you will not receive a medal.
    Casual Team Games

Casual Team games will be a bit more organised. In the second post there are a whole bunch of casual doubles, triples and quadruples games with a variety of maps and settings, i'm sure there is something for everyone who wants to participate :). Please consult the second post of this announcement for details on how to participate in the team games :).
I'm a freemium, can i play?

As freemium members are not allowed to play in speed games (unless you have a free one saved up), and since a majority of these games will be speed games, we will from time to time be making "FREEMIUM ONLY" real-time or casual games so that they may participate as well. These games will be marked with "FREEMIUM ONLY" rather than a password. To join these games as a freemium member, please simply post on the wall of the game creator to get an invite to the game. Hopefully this will allow some freemium members to participate as well.
The Sportsmanship Rule

As there are only a limited number of moderators and a rather large number of public members, we are asking that everyone be courteous and play in only one speed game at a time. If you want to join game after game, that is fine, but please do not join more than 2 games total at once in order to keep spots available to as many people as possible (Casual Team Games are not included in this). Once you successfully whac a moderator, we ask that you step away and let others have their chance at getting a medal, so as to give as many people as possible the opportunity. If you are found to be hogging game slots you may be in danger of not receiving a medal at the end of the competition. All of the moderators will be trying to play as many games as they can manage during the time of competition to give as many people a shot as possible.

The Prize

For everyone who successfully beats a moderator, they will receive (once all games are complete) a General Achievement Medal to recognise their victory. It will be the same with any moderator who survives a game, they will receive a General Achievement Medal to recognise their victories as well. You will only receive ONE medal regardless of how many games you win. ;)
Whac-An-Admin Special

Please DO NOT PM TheSaxlad, Gilligan or LaughingCavalier for invites into these games. They can only be joined by the methods described below.

As has become tradition with every Whac-a-Mod, we will be holding a Whac-an-Admin Special. :)

Three of these games have been held for the past three contests and the Admins have only won 1 out of 3 games:
    This year we'll be doing things a little bit differently, to make things more interesting :D There will be THREE Whac-an-Admin games (3 triples games) where 9 community members will get the chance to whac-an-admin.

For the game numbers and your chance to get into one of these games, they will be announced at different times throughout the weekend. One game will be announced each day and how to get an invite. Instructions on how to join a game will be posted on Facebook, Twitter and in this thread.

You cannot request to join these whac-an-admin games, you must wait for it to be announced. These are not a part of Casual Team Games in the second post.

The Admins also have a bounty on their heads, if a team manages to beat the admins, they will receive 3 months premium membership for each member of their team.

Ready yourselves, a battle is at hand....... The games will begin at CC Time: 2011-05-07 00:00:00.

As was the case last time feel free to engage in some light-hearted and good-natured trash talk here in this thread leading up to and throughout the competition. Keep it clean though, and keep it civil, this thread will be moderated if anyone gets out of control.

--The Entertainment Team
Captain samuelc812

Casual Whac-A-Mod Team Games

Postby samuelc812 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Whac-a-Mod Team Games

So you want to participate in some Whac-a-Mod Team Games ? :)

The process is fairly straight forward:
  1. Gather your team.
  2. Choose a game or games from the selection below (Games with the tag [FULL] beside them have already been filled by others and are no longer available).
  3. Using the form shown below this list (You must use the form), one team member needs to send your game request via PM to the appropriate Entertainer.
  4. You can list up to 4 games in one message in order of priority, stating also what's the maximum games your team wants to join.
  5. The Entertainer will send invites to the people that you specify in your PM, if you don't specify who your team members are, you won't be sent invites.
  6. samuelc812 wrote:With an hour left and still many casual team games not yet filled in the second post. There is now no limit to casual team games! It is first come first serve, contact the appropriate entertainer to get invites for your team according to the instructions given in the second post! :)

viewtopic.php?t=144574#p3151148

~Sam
  7. It is first in best dressed. You can list 4 games in order of preference, and if your first choice isn't available you can still be invited to your other preference(s).
  8. Be patient, PM requests will not be answered straight away and may take several hours to get processed.
  9. Entertainers reserve the right to ignore requests that do not follow the proper process outlined in this post.

For doubles requests, send the completed form to laughingcavalier.
For triples requests, send the completed form to TheSaxlad.
For quadruples requests, send the completed form to Gilligan.

The Form

The subject of the PM must be "Whac", anything else will be ignored.
Team Members: (List the team members who will be playing the game)

Requested Game Number(s): (Insert the game number here of the game(s) that you wish to play in, in order of preference)
[Game][/Game]
[Game][/Game]
[Game][/Game]
[Game][/Game]

Max. games: (maximum games your team wants to join - no more than 3)

In summary, fill out the form with the subject "Whac" and send it to the appropriate Entertainer for that game-type as listed above :)

Doubles

For doubles requests, send the completed form to laughingcavalier.

show: click me to see doubles games

Triples

For triples requests, send the completed form to TheSaxlad.

show: click me to see triples games

Quadruples

For quadruples requests, send the completed form to Gilligan.

show: click me to see quadruples games

Enjoy Yourself! :)

--The Entertainment Team
Captain samuelc812

Re: [Get Ready!] Whac-A-Mod IV

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 06, 2011 10:57 am

Can't wait! I'm excited to see if I can out do myself from last year...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Fri May 06, 2011 11:17 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Can't wait! I'm excited to see if I can out do myself from last year...

--Andy

should not be hard
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Leehar on Fri May 06, 2011 11:43 am

Lol, my first whac on the mod side, will be strange trying to stack up points for myself this time after rooting for the community before ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby trinicardinal on Fri May 06, 2011 11:47 am

Leehar wrote:Lol, my first whac on the mod side, will be strange trying to stack up points for myself this time after rooting for the community before ;)

lol. Same here. Have fun everyone
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby laughingcavalier on Fri May 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Congrats to the first sign ups Ishihara & JaneAustin.
Good luck.
But not too much luck.
The mods want to win this one. :D

Edit: we're taking sign-ups for the casual team games before the main speedgames event begins.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri May 06, 2011 2:48 pm

"...being evil is too much fun!" -Plankton

Bring your A-game, community! Anything less and you'll get clobbered! :twisted:

-Sully
Evil Pink Minion
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 06, 2011 2:58 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Can't wait! I'm excited to see if I can out do myself from last year...

--Andy

should not be hard

I had 16 wins and 12 losses, so at least I contributed to the winning in Whac-a-Mod III!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Melichor on Fri May 06, 2011 6:36 pm

I look forward to possibly having a chance to whack an admin :D
Private 1st Class Melichor

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri May 06, 2011 7:37 pm

I've won once for the community, and once for the mods. This time, I'm back with the community!
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Joodoo on Fri May 06, 2011 7:45 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:I've won once for the community, and once for the mods. This time, I'm back with the community!

My you switch sides often...
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby Bruceswar on Fri May 06, 2011 9:00 pm

For the freemiums I will be putting up some games, so be ready.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri May 06, 2011 11:00 pm

IT'S TIME!!!

EDIT: Almost...
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri May 06, 2011 11:01 pm

time for it to start good luck all
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri May 06, 2011 11:02 pm

should be now... its 00000 server time
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri May 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Sam's supposed to officially kick it off first.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri May 06, 2011 11:03 pm

grrrr i dont like waiting... that bastard hes slow as f*ck tonight i guess lol
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri May 06, 2011 11:04 pm

its 3 past and nothing i say all us community members here start to riot lol
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri May 06, 2011 11:04 pm

wqeeeeeeeeeee 1 games up