This tournament's rules will be somewhat based on George Orwell's novel "1984". One of the best books of all time.
I'll base the tournament structure in three of this book's main points: the ministries (Love, Truth, Peace, Plenty), the motto "War is Peace / Freedom is Slavery / Ignorance is Strength" and, the **spoiler alert**
book's ending: the assassination.Phase One: The Ministries
The players will be randomly seeded in four groups of 6 players each. The four minitries of the Oceanic government.Ministry of Love (Miniluv):
This ministry was in charge of the torture and brainwashing of people. In this group's structure people will have to ally with players in one game and become enimies in the next one. There will be two triples rounds, two doubles rounds and two 1vs1 rounds. All partners randomly assigned. All opponents randomly assigned. The teams and opponents have to change every round. Each win = 1 point. Map: Random. Ministry of Peace (Minipax):
This was the ministry in charge of the war. This group structure will constist of four 6-player games with trench warfare. 10 points per win, last to lose gets 5 points, the one before that gets 1 point and the others get 0. Map: Random.Ministry of Plenty (Miniplenty):
This ministry was the one in charge of the economic affairs. Most importantly, they decided wether the people would get enough food or starve. In this group the players will play plenty of games. 5 1vs1 rounds. Everybody plays everybody once. There will be NO SPOILS in this group's games. Each win = 1 point. Map: random.Ministry of Truth (Minitrue):
The ministry of truth was in charge of what information the people could recieve. They were also in charge of erasing or "creating" history as they saw fit. This group's map will be 8 thoughts. The structure will be four 6-player games. 10 points per win, last to lose gets 5 points, the one before that gets 1 point and the others get 0.Group Settings:Miniluv
- auto, seq, esc, chained, NO fog, NO trench, 20 round limit, 24 hours.Minipax
- auto, seq, esc, chained, NO fog, TRENCH, 20 round limit, 24 hours.Miniplenty
- auto, seq, NO SPOILS, chained, NO fog, NO trench, 20 round limit, 24 hours.Minitrue
- auto, seq, esc, chained, NO fog, NO trench, 20 round limit, 24 hours.
First four of each group advance to Phase Two.Phase Two: The MottoWar is Peace:
At this time there will be 16 players in this round. Eight 1vs1 games will be played with trench warfare. Winners advance to the next round. Map: Random.Freedom is Slavery:
Two 4-player games. Freestyle and Unlimited troop reinforcement. Winners and last two to lose of each game advance to the next round. Map: Random.Ignorance is Strenght:
Three 1vs1 games. Fog of war. Map: Random. Winners advance to Phase Three.Phase Two Settings:War is Peace
- auto, seq, esc, chained, NO fog, TRENCH, 20 round limit, 24 hours.Freedom is Slavery
- auto, freestyle, esc, unlimited, NO fog, NO trench, 20 round limit, 24 hours.Ignorance is Strenght
- auto, seq, esc, chained, FOGGY, NO trench, 20 round limit, 24 hours.Phase Three: Fate.
3 players left. One 3-player assassin game. Winner takes it all. Random map. Settings: auto, seq, esc, chained, NO fog, NO trench, 20 round limit, 24 hours.
Freemiums are welcome.Tiebreaker:
If, at the end of phase one, two or more players are tied in points, a playoff between the tied players will be played. Settings: the same as the group settings.Reserve Policy:
- I'll send one invitation. If not accepted, the player at stake will be replaced by a reserve if we are in round 1. If there are no reserves or we are not in the first round, the player at stake will lose the game.
This one is a bit complex but I think it might be fun. Good luck to all and enjoy!
EDIT: danryan wins