There's never enough random terminators for me to join lately, so I'll have to create some.
This is a tournament with a really simple structure. 24 premium players start. There will be five waves of 3 games. All player groupings are completely random. After the 15 regular games, the field will be cut to 7 players who will play a 7X7 game final. Scores will reset before the final except for tiebreaking purposes.
Game load, in other words, is 15 games total, only 3 start at a time, until the Final. The Final (if you make it) is 7 more.
I will start the next wave when most of the games in the previous wave are finished, but I will not necessarily wait for all of them.
All games are Terminator on Random map. All are Automatic, Sequential, Escalating, No Trench, 24-hour turns, 50-round limit.
All are 6-player games except Wave 2 which is 8-player.
All are Sunny except Wave 4 which is Foggy.
Wave 1 has Parachute forts, Wave 3 has Unlimited forts, Wave 5 has Adjacent forts. All others are Chained.
Put another way...
- 6-player Terminator, Auto, Seq, Esc, Para, No Fog, No Trench, 24-hr, 50-rdlim
- 8-player Terminator, Auto, Seq, Esc, Chain, No Fog, No Trench, 24-hr, 50-rdlim
- 6-player Terminator, Auto, Seq, Esc, Unlim, No Fog, No Trench, 24-hr, 50-rdlim
- 6-player Terminator, Auto, Seq, Esc, Chain, FOG, No Trench, 24-hr, 50-rdlim
- 6-player Terminator, Auto, Seq, Esc, Adj, No Fog, No Trench, 24-hr, 50-rdlim
Swiped with permission from Ch0rn's War of Fog series.
- 2 points per kill
- 2 bonus point for first kill of each game
- -1 point for being first player eliminated in each game
- 5 points per win
- 2 bonus point for a clean sweep (defined as getting every available kill in a game, NOT necessarily on same turn.)
- 3 bonus points for a win by objective *
- -3 points for winning on rounds **
- -10 points for being kicked out of a game***
*Winning on objective, you do not get the kills for remaining players.
**Winning on rounds, you still get the points for the win, but subtract the penalty.
***Don't get kicked .. you ruin the games for everyone...
Maximum possible points in an 8-player game is 23 (7 kills, 1 first kill, 1 win, 1 clean sweep). In a 6-player game it's 19.
Note: Since the whole motivation behind this tournament is that there's not enough Random Terminators for me to join in the public pool, I will obviously be playing.
This is my 146th!
For a complete list of my tournaments, click here.