Below are the rules as often used in Mafia games, borrowed from numerous Moderators in addition to a few new entries of my own creation
(**Noted by the asterisks**)
- 1. This game is moderated by me (AndyDufresne), I am the law. Whatever I say goes. If I make a mistake I’ll do my best to fix it. All roles will be given out randomly.
2. All ‘votes’ must be in bold. If they are not, they will not be tallied. Example: Vote: Guybrush Threepwood
3. Any player may ask the mod (me) to tally up the lynch vote count thus far in the day.
4. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, and once the majority has been reached any and all unvotes will not be counted.
5. Once your death scene has been posted, you are dead. You can no longer post anything revealing or of substance. Whining is alright.
6. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.
7. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you may do so.
8. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.
9. Day scenes will be fun and comical, don’t read too far into them.
10. ***Be attentive and active in the game. If I see you are not posting at all, I will prod all those who are inactive. If there is no timely response, you will be replaced.
11. ***Each game ‘day’ will not last more than FIVE 24 hour days. I will remind everyone if the deadline is near, and to look toward voting. If no majority is reached at the end of the fifth 24 hour day, a ‘no lynch’ will be forced, sending the game into the night phase.
12. ***Similar, each game ‘night’ will not last more than FIVE 24 hour days. I will remind all those who have night choices when the deadline is near. If at the end of the fifth 24 hour day I have not received your night choice, you will have lost your choice action (I.E. for mafia, there would be a ‘no kill’, etc).
As you can see, I want only active players who will have fun and participate. The new additions may be straying from the accepted norm, but I believe this will help keep the game going, until we can get reliable and steady players.
After this Mafia game, stayed tuned for more to come. I will most likely have another in development.
Also, if you would like to look specifically into Mafia Game guidelines, check out these links:
http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikebur ... scum04.swf