Conquer Club

First Nations of South America!

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: First Nations of South America

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Rivers a bit bright, no idea as for what to do with the bridges.

Shouldn't this be in Final Forge?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 pm

Crap.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Its nice I like it
The bottom tip of the map (teush, selk'nam and alacaluf) is a little bit confusing as to borders and bonus as the colours are really similar
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Danyael on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 pm

awww shit just got real =D>
could add impassible jungle? :-k
can't think of an idea for brides unless you could make a log?
Corporal 1st Class Danyael

Postby Hatchman on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:19 am

Beautiful map Tisha, but we already got that continent covered... and quite well I might add.
Major Hatchman

Postby Tisha on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:33 am

Bridges... I was thinking like a log also, but when I make it so small it doesn't look like a log

hatchman wrote:Beautiful map Tisha, but we already got that continent covered... and quite well I might add.

we have S. America, and Brazil.. and mine doesn't play like either one of them. It's not like you would have to play this instead... :?
Major Tisha

Postby ender516 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 am

Instead of bridges, perhaps the South American version of a canoe, or whatever small watercraft fills the niche. ("Whatever floats your boat", ha ha).
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby phantomzero on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 am

I liking the looks of this series! Keep it up!
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby Hatchman on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:41 am

Tisha wrote:Bridges... I was thinking like a log also, but when I make it so small it doesn't look like a log

hatchman wrote:Beautiful map Tisha, but we already got that continent covered... and quite well I might add.

we have S. America, and Brazil.. and mine doesn't play like either one of them. It's not like you would have to play this instead... :?

True true... I was just thinking perhaps other parts of the world could be explored which aren't already in the map selection. But there's no stopping you from doing more maps in the future. They're really quite good.
Major Hatchman

Postby RedBaron0 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Go with a canoe of some type, a fallen log wouldn't be long enough to cross a river in reality, a creek okay, not a river.

When's Africa, Australia, Asia, and Europe coming out? :D
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Some colors are very similar, specially in the central part but I asked to a colorblind friend and he has no problems with your map. ;)
About graphics, except for bridges (i think they are temporary) and rivers ( i prefer the darker color you used in First Nations of NA) i like the map as it is now.

Bonuses: Patagonia and South Andes +5?
Other bonuses are good. :)

On the whole, a nice first draft...
Keep it on!
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby cairnswk on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Nice twin for your N America, tisha.
Jungle impassables would be good.
Bridges....perhaps swinging ones if they can be drawn....a bit of I. Jones adventure touch. :)
Well done.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:51 pm

No harm in covering with a different theme, otherwise you wouldn't have all those European and USA different versions. ;)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Tisha wrote:Bridges... I was thinking like a log also, but when I make it so small it doesn't look like a log

How about some kind of rope bridge, like those ones you see in all those old jungle movies??
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby RjBeals on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:15 pm

there you go with those beautiful mountains again.
Private RjBeals

Postby Peter Gibbons on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:33 pm

hatchman wrote:True true... I was just thinking perhaps other parts of the world could be explored which aren't already in the map selection. But there's no stopping you from doing more maps in the future. They're really quite good.
I think that, once Antarctica gets quenched, in some way the entire globe has been "explored." Each continent has at least one map dedicated to it at this point. If anything, South America is one of the most under-represented--it's only got the South America, Triple Alliance and Brazil maps, right? There have to be other specific areas of South America to explore (just like there are many in Africa that should be). Maybe a detailed map of Tierra del Fuego?

Oh, and it goes without saying that I think this is a great map--especially with the continuity off of his last one. I hope it gets through the foundry as quick as possible.

As an aside, perhaps I'm in minority, but I'm not a fan of the South America map atall. A North American revamp was tried recently and people seemed opposed to it. Perhaps there's more support for a South America revamp?
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:41 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:Crap.

You blind or???

Good luck Tisha. I am sure you will be fixing the colors a bit to make it more in line with North America. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Nice add on to this map...

Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Peter Gibbons wrote:
hatchman wrote:True true... I was just thinking perhaps other parts of the world could be explored which aren't already in the map selection. But there's no stopping you from doing more maps in the future. They're really quite good.
I think that, once Antarctica gets quenched, in some way the entire globe has been "explored." Each continent has at least one map dedicated to it at this point. If anything, South America is one of the most under-represented--it's only got the South America, Triple Alliance and Brazil maps, right? There have to be other specific areas of South America to explore (just like there are many in Africa that should be). Maybe a detailed map of Tierra del Fuego?

Oh, and it goes without saying that I think this is a great map--especially with the continuity off of his last one. I hope it gets through the foundry as quick as possible.

As an aside, perhaps I'm in minority, but I'm not a fan of the South America map atall. A North American revamp was tried recently and people seemed opposed to it. Perhaps there's more support for a South America revamp?

Hmmmm.....how about a Faklands War map???
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Hatchman on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:39 am

neanderpaul14 wrote:
Peter Gibbons wrote:

Hmmmm.....how about a Faklands War map???

Yeah that's what I'm getting at: more "micro-regions" that aren't too small, like San Marino and some of the city maps.

By the way, I was thinking about Tisha's map and I thought her bridges could be those really perilous ones with slats missing, like you see in Indiana Jones :) But not sure if these can be represented clearly on such a small scale...
Major Hatchman

Postby Industrial Helix on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Anyone notice that Central America is getting the shaft? I dare say it may be too late to include more regions on the N. America map but I think there is the possibility of including them on this map.. at the very least Panama and maybe Trinidad. Perhaps shrink the continent slightly and move it over to the east some and you can fit more of Central America, I think.

The colors are a tad too saturated, even in comparison with the N. America map. I'm in favor of toning it down a notch or so.

For some reason I imagined South America to be featured in cool colors rather than warm as a nice contrast with the N. America map. Obviously the decision is yours, but I'm just suggesting.

I'm having trouble with color differentiation as well... There are three regions south of the amazon, correct? The colors don't seem to match the corresponding legend also. A little tweaking with them should do.

As for Chilean Archipelago, isn't an archipelago a group of islands? I dunno if its the title of he area anyway and you took it from that, but it's kind of misleading.

Anyway, looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing this progress.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:24 pm

That's hot.

(the map, I mean)

The rivers are a little too strong, but this looks great overall.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:06 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:Crap.

You blind or???

Good luck Tisha. I am sure you will be fixing the colors a bit to make it more in line with North America. :)

??? is the correct answer.

Not much to say…hmm, besides the obvious bridges on which you've already remarked (and for which I can't really think of a replacement atm), I see you made the rivers lighter. In fact, I think it would be the other way around; N. America's rivers are lighter in color I believe.

Amazon (South A.)
Click image to enlarge.

Missouri (North A.)
Click image to enlarge.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby sully800 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:27 pm

I can't wait to see First Nations of Antarctica. ;)

One possible boat:

Major sully800

Next

Return to The Atlas