Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1 - Deadline Set]

Postby Skoffin on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:00 pm

IcePack wrote:I am leaving for sure ZuB. This is supposed to be a fun side game for me. But being told that I have to research the books, movies, and keep up w a page per day before I post is just not something I can handle. And apparently my trying to ask those who have the time and have researched the books and film questions so that I donā€™t have to isnā€™t acceptable either. So basically if I donā€™t put my life and other things on site on hold Iā€™m not a valuable contributor here.

And apparently my lurking to try to stay involved and informed and post when I have time only makes it even worse.

Thatā€™s not going to happen so Iā€™ve asked LV to find someone who has that kind of time. If LV is ok w me sharing final thoughts Iā€™ll be more than glad to try to sum up what I had up until this point. But as Iā€™m not a player anymore idk if thatā€™s appropriate

I imagine this will not change your mind, but I would like to say for the record; you do not have to research movies, books etc to play. While some people might prefer that you do you do not have to follow their preference; I certainly don't research any of these themes when I play and no one is going to make me. :lol: And I personally did not find your 'lurking' to be particularly bad and I imagine other players were not bothered either so it's a shame to be thrown off by one player. And hey, it's always possible that Pika was so harsh with you because he's just on the scumteam and trying to look like an aggressive townie ;)
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:33 pm

Vote Count 1.8

Hotshot (4): , MudPuppy, Skoffin, madmitch, Pikanchion
No Lynch (3): Samlen, Icepack, DirtyDishSoap
Minister Masket (3): Hotshot53, dakky21, FloresDelMal, Ragian
MudPuppy (1): BuJaber
Icepack (1):
Not Voting (5):Kamikaze Jawa, Minister Masket, Thorthoth, , ZaBeast

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

I have set a deadline for Sunday Night (US TIme). Click here for time in your location. Deadline reached.

And as that no one has reached enough votes for a lynch it is officially a
NO LYNCH
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Night 1 - Need Replacement]

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:33 pm

Night 1

I hope there is something left for the late-comers to eat and drink! What's that? Tea! No thank you! A little red wine, I think, for me." "And for me," said Thorin. "And raspberry jam and apple-tart," said Bifur. "And mince-pies and cheese," said Bofur. "And pork-pie and salad," said Bombur. "And more cakes-and ale-and coffee, if you don't mind," called the other dwarves through the door.

"Seems to know as much about the inside of my larders as I do myself!" thought Mr. Baggins, who was feeling positively flummoxed, and was beginning to wonder whether a most wretched adventure had not come right into his house.

"I suppose you will all stay to supper?" he said in his politest unpressing tones. "Of course!" said Thorin. "And after. We shan't get through the business till late, and we must have some music first. Now to clear up!" Thereupon the twelve dwarves-not Thorin, he was too important, and stayed talking to Gandalf-jumped to their feet and made tall piles of all the things.

the dwarves only started to sing:

"Chip the glasses and crack the plates!

Blunt the knives and bend the forks!

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates-

Smash the bottles and burn the corks!

Cut the cloth and tread on the fat!

Pour the milk on the pantry floor!

Leave the bones on the bedroom mat!

Splash the wine on every door!

Dump the crocks in a boiling bawl;

Pound them up with a thumping pole;

And when you've finished, if any are whole,

Send them down the hall to roll !

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

It appears the party of Thorin's Company are far too interested in food and singing than the adventure at the present time....

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Night 1 will last 72 hours (click here for night deadline) Please send any and all night actions asap.

Still looking for a replacement for Icepack

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [N1- That's what Bilbo Baggins Hates]

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Major Revea!: The game isn't based on the book or (Jackson) film. It's off the Rankin & Bass cartoon!

Too bad it's night, the Bitch Brigade needs to be TOLD on all their lies, misdirects and alternative facts.
I guess I'll do it tomorrow, ...if I 'm still around.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby BuJaber on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 am

LV, did the day end with no lynch because with KJ's vote it would have been 4-4 between HS and no lynch?
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:38 am

lord voldemort wrote:

And as that no one has reached enough votes for a lynch it is officially a
NO LYNCH

Nevermind this is the reason. Is this common in mafia? Our deadline was added later so it was a special scenario and I just assumed whoever had the most votes would be lynched.

Guess we should have asked for clarification earlier :oops: :(
Major BuJaber

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:38 am

BuJaber wrote:LV, did the day end with no lynch because with KJ's vote it would have been 4-4 between HS and no lynch?

Why is it always my fault ._. First post said that it needed half the players plus one, so nine votes for a lynch which is why I just voted no lynch since we weren't going to get a lynch regardless.
New Recruit Kamikaze Jawa

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:56 am

Correct, if not enough votes for a lynch is reached by the end of the day then it is a no lynch. You can however vote to end the day earlier with a no lynch.

Postby Ragian on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:57 am

It's not whoever has the most votes. It's whoever reaches a majority of votes (D1 = nine votes). Now, send in your actions so we can get this sorted out tomorrow. Goodnight.
Captain Ragian

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 am

BuJaber wrote:Nevermind this is the reason. Is this common in mafia? Our deadline was added later so it was a special scenario and I just assumed whoever had the most votes would be lynched.

Guess we should have asked for clarification earlier :oops: :(

(p.4)
lord voldemort wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:
Since we're at it with questions LV If you set up a time limit, what happens if the day ends with no one with enough votes to be lynched? Is it a no lynch or is the person with the most votes killed?

If and when a deadline is put forth and if not enough votes are reached for a lynch, it will be a no lynch.

Not my fault if you don't listen to me
General ZaBeast

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [D2- There is a key] (replacement neede

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Day 2

"Pardon me," he said, "if I have overheard words that you were saying. I don't pretend to understand what you are talking about, or your reference to burglars, but I think I am right in believing"

"I will show you. I have no signs on my door it was painted a week ago, and I am quite sure you have come to the wrong house. As soon as I saw your funny faces on the door-step, I had my doubts."

"Of course there is a mark," said Gandalf. "I put it there myself. For very good reasons. You asked me to find the fourteenth man for your expedition, and I chose Mr. Baggins. Just let any one say I chose the wrong man or the wrong house, and you can stop at thirteen and have all the bad luck you like, or go back to digging coal."

"Let's have no more argument. I have chosen Mr. Baggins and that ought to be enough for all of you. If I say he is a Burglar, a Burglar he is, or will be when the time comes. There is a lot more in him than you guess, and a deal more than he has any idea of himself. You may (possibly) all live to thank me yet. Now Bilbo, my boy, fetch the lamp, and let's have little light on this!"

"This was made by Thror, your grandfather, Thorin, he said in answer to the dwarves' excited questions. "It is a plan of the Mountain." "I don't see that this will help us much,"

"There is a dragon marked in red on the Mountain, said Balin, "but it will be easy enough to find him without that, if ever we arrive there." "There is one point that you haven't noticed," said the wizard, "and that is the secret entrance. You see that rune on the West side, and the hand pointing to it from the other runes? That marks a hidden passage to the Lower Halls...
...How could such a large door be kept secret from everybody outside, apart from the dragon?" he asked. He was only a little hobbit you must remember.

"In lots of ways," said Gandalf. "But in what way this one has been hidden we don't know without going to see. From what it says on the map I should guess there is a closed door which has been made to look exactly like the side of the Mountain. That is the usual dwarves' method - I think that is right, isn't it?" "Quite right," said Thorin.

"Also," went on Gandalf, "I forgot to mention that with the map went a key, a small and curious key. Here it is!" he said, and handed to Thorin a key with a long barrel and intricate wards, made of silver. "Keep it safe!" "Indeed I will," said Thorin

So far we have had no clear idea what to do. We thought of going East, as quiet and careful as we could, as far as the Long Lake. After that the trouble would begin." "A long time before that, if I know anything about the roads East," interrupted Gandalf.

The company awoke to find that everyone was alive and well....and excited to begin their journey....

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting: DirtyDishSoap, Thorthoth, Pikanchion, Ragian, Samlen, madmitch, MudPuppy, FloresDelMal, ZaBeast, BuJaber, Hotshot53, dakky21, skoffin, Kamikaze Jawa, Minister Masket

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

There is currently no deadline. Deadlines will be posted with a link to world clock. And announced with at least 72 hours notice

I am still hunting for 1 replacement.

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [D2- There is a key](replace needed)

Postby Skoffin on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm not sure there is a meme for my reaction right now.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby dakky21 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Skoffin wrote: I'm not sure there is a meme for my reaction right now.

How about this meme?
Captain dakky21

Postby Skoffin on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Nah, doesn't have quite the right tone I'm looking for.

Seems with absolutely no deaths we are back to where we started; anyone keen to try no lynching again?
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby dakky21 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:11 pm

Night 1 bringed no new info. We're practically in D1 still. No lynch will not get us anywhere, so I think people should say what they did overnight, and that may clear up this confusion while exposing scum in the same time.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:38 pm

Nothing done, nothing learned. Let's try this again: vote MM
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:18 am

Not back to square one just back to last day before deadline.

Vote MudPuppy
Major BuJaber

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 am

dakky21 wrote:Night 1 bringed no new info. We're practically in D1 still. No lynch will not get us anywhere, so I think people should say what they did overnight, and that may clear up this confusion while exposing scum in the same time.

I just don't even...

Vote: dakky21
Private Pikanchion

Postby Samlen on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:23 am

dakky21 wrote:Night 1 bringed no new info. We're practically in D1 still. No lynch will not get us anywhere, so I think people should say what they did overnight, and that may clear up this confusion while exposing scum in the same time.

Lil contradictory there. We're not in day 1 because people had actions. Plus, you're saying people to share their actions last night which is practically a roleclaim. We don't want roleclaims unless they can be sure they found scum. We could wait and see if a roleblocker/tracker found something (if it was a doc save we don't want that outed for sure) or just let people's newfound information from their actions lead us somewhere with their votes.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 am

Pikanchion wrote:

I just don't even...

Vote: dakky21

Day 2 brings strange allies... Vote dakky.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Ragian on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:18 am

Last game, Benga was lucky with a jail that turned out nicely.

FP'ed by Thor
Captain Ragian

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:26 am

Raglan, what does ''FP'ed'' mean?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Skoffin on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:29 am

FP means fast posted; you posted your comment while Ragoo was writing his.

I could get behind a dakky lynch tbh.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Ragian on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:31 am

What Skoffin said, Lhor.

@Skoffin, why? Because he wants information?
Captain Ragian

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:45 am

TY for the def, Skoffin.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives