Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
2
11%
Samlen
0
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
0
No votes
ZaBeast
5
28%
Minister Masket
1
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
1
6%
dakky21
1
6%
DirtyDishSoap
1
6%
skoffin
0
No votes
BuJaber
0
No votes
Ragian
2
11%
HotShot53
1
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
0
No votes
madmitch
1
6%
MudPuppy
3
17%
 
Total votes : 18

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Skoffin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:54 pm

You're never going to get on my dick, Sir. You're being awfully sassy for a guy that is just posting to avoid looking like he's just here to no-lynch and get the day over with.
Perhaps you should be the one to take the bullet today HRRRRN?
Image
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
User avatar
Lieutenant Skoffin
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Hurburbaluuuuuur!
I haven't seen you voting yet either, scrub!
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?


No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.


Whoosh
Corporal DirtyDishSoap
 
Posts: 7694
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Medals: 18
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Skoffin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:01 pm

You know very well that I hold my vote until I deem it necessary and that I never no-lynch. Such a comparison is complete potatoes.
Image
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
User avatar
Lieutenant Skoffin
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:03 pm

But well deserved.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?


No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.


Whoosh
Corporal DirtyDishSoap
 
Posts: 7694
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Medals: 18
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Also beware of noobphobia. Some will doubt everything you say and do because your new, and also try to get everyone else to doubt you too...


You weren't kidding about the noobphobia lol

Pikanchion wrote:Joining, immediately saying you have no input whatsoever on the previous 6 or 7 pages of discussion, joining what is currently the closest thing we've had to a bandwagon, and that thing being the No Lynch train is probably the scummiest thing I've seen anybody do this game so far.


There was 235 posts to read, and most of you are basing your suspicions because you know each other and your playstyles from other games. I also thought 'Well I've joined more than a week after they've started, there's no clear tells so I'll just hurry up and vote to help move the game along'. Which in hindsight is silly because Lord Voldey said there'd be 72 hours notice of the end of the day so I'll unvote no lynch and keep my eyes peeled for any better tells.

Pikanchion wrote:but you have to have some thoughts about something that's happened so far

True. If you want my honest thoughts, my suspicion has been largely you. Rolefishing, claiming to have a secret that you may or may not share (perhaps in order to keep townies from wanting to kill you before we find out this information), aggressively pursuing others to perhaps keep suspicion from yourself. But that is just as easily attributed to an aggressive playstyle of a paranoid townie.

And no, I am not playing more than one character :)
New Recruit Kamikaze Jawa
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 am

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Skoffin on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 am

Doth thou dare criticise my fair Piku?!

FloresDelMal wrote:
anyway i am going later today to visit my inlaws for a week with frenchy chan, so my activity might come down a notch or two, or maybe not, but it is ticking me in a bad way the absence of MM building a case on anyone or even throwing suspiscion around, i did unvote him, because my vote on him was only based on his defense of gollum as a pro town role kinda of stuff, but right now i am suspiscious of him for a whole different reason, even though he got called on his lack of real contribution he just laughed it off and rode into the sunset, this remind me of his perfomance on the lion king when he seemed quite helpful but was rarely voting for anyone, and he won the game for scum, so for now seeing the pattern repeat itself i have troubles seeing him as protown, therefore Vote MM


Are you sure it's similar to that of Lion King? I see his style here much more aligned to that of Mass Effect and he was town in there. As scum he was not as active and more likely to respond to any mentions of himself, whereas here and in ME he's nerd gushing about lore and he's not really bothered by any suspicion thrown his way; hence my opinion that he's just an egotistical townie who thinks he's 'obvious town' and therefore not reacting.
Is there something I am not seeing here?
Image
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
User avatar
Lieutenant Skoffin
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby BuJaber on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 am

Pika if your alleged insight would help scum in any way we wouldn't want to hear it until maybe we felt that town was in comfortable control.

If it is valuable info for town then now would be a good time to reveal it. It's starting to look doubtful that anybody is playing two characters and even if someone is they're not going to reveal themselves.

Mitch, my condolences.

We can vote and make cases but until everyone is back we shouldn't end the day. If someone like mitch or ragian had a night action and night phase took longer than expected we'd all guess it was because LV is waiting on one of them.
User avatar
Major BuJaber
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 pm
Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Ragian on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 am

But, but... Ragian is back. I never really left. My participation just diminished a bit while abroad.

Anyway, my best, Mitch. I hope you and your family get through it together.

Welcome, KJ. You've already said more about a specific person than the other newcomer, so you should fit right in with the rest of these retards ;)

I think Mudpuppy also picked up on this:
ZaBeast wrote: And what about your role? Pika wanted to know if anybody was playing more than one character. He said he had information he would share if no one was.

It defo feels like an attempt to ambush the newcomer. Meanie! Defo got my eye on ZaBeast for that one.

I don't see any reason to remove my vote, however. Someone else vote for MM so we can get a claim and move on from there.
Image
User avatar
Major Ragian
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:39 am
Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (50)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:36 am

Skoffin wrote:Doth thou dare criticise my fair Piku?!
Aww, I didn't know you cared <3

Anybody else suuuuper suspicious of Skoffin now she isn't trying to get me lynched for once?
User avatar
New Recruit Pikanchion
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:34 am

Yeah, me. Can't tell you how many PM's I received from her wanting to get you killed. She's probably the same thing for me in this...And you.
I'm not fooled by her tactics one bit.

On a more serious note: Lord Moldybutt, can Days 1 end if enough people vote for a No Lynch, or must there be a lynch to progress further?

@Ragian - What makes you vote for MM other than the information whereas you feel more passionate about Thor?
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?


No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.


Whoosh
Corporal DirtyDishSoap
 
Posts: 7694
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Medals: 18
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:59 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:On a more serious note: Lord Moldybutt, can Days 1 end if enough people vote for a No Lynch, or must there be a lynch to progress further?

From the rules:
lord voldemort wrote:9. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.

And, while we're reviewing rules, you may want to take note of this one (not that I did when I asked LV a question):
lord voldemort wrote:6. Any questions to me should be posted in PINK...makes it easy to distinguish.
User avatar
Colonel MudPuppy
 
Posts: 2089
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 129
The Championships Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (21) Training Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (2) Tribe Achievement (4)
General Contribution (3)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 am

MudPuppy wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:On a more serious note: Lord Moldybutt, can Days 1 end if enough people vote for a No Lynch, or must there be a lynch to progress further?

From the rules:
lord voldemort wrote:9. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.

And, while we're reviewing rules, you may want to take note of this one (not that I did when I asked LV a question):
lord voldemort wrote:6. Any questions to me should be posted in PINK...makes it easy to distinguish.


8-[

I plead the fifth.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?


No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.


Whoosh
Corporal DirtyDishSoap
 
Posts: 7694
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Medals: 18
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Ragian on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:@Ragian - What makes you vote for MM other than the information whereas you feel more passionate about Thor?

What makes you say that I feel more passionate about Thor?
Image
User avatar
Major Ragian
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:39 am
Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (50)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 am

Ragian wrote:I could be persuaded, however, to vote for Thor. The main reason for that would be his unwillingness to add anything about any player. It feels as if he tries very hard to not say anything that could be used against him later. I.e. it seems as if he's playing for himself, not a team. Also, twice I have seen him call his own play "not scummy". Like saying, "I have perfect social skills," in an interview. Moreover, this logical phallacy screams to high heaven:


I think you've elaborated more so on Thor compared to MM.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?


No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.


Whoosh
Corporal DirtyDishSoap
 
Posts: 7694
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Medals: 18
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Ragian on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:42 am

Yeah, but I don't know if the stuff I have about him is alignment indicative. An experienced player not contributing, however, reeks of scum.
Image
User avatar
Major Ragian
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:39 am
Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (50)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Okay, it looks like it is my turn to scrape away the mile-deep pile of BS (lies, nonsense, dithering, name-calling, Tokien fan-chatter, personal vendettas, etc) and reveal what is actually known, or at least rationally implied.

First off, back to basics: Not much is known yet, but the biggest thing that is known is only known by scum: Right now, Day 1, Scum know who each other are. That means that scum can rashly attempt to bandwagon a lynch without fear of taking out one of their own. Town does not have that luxury. All town players should remember that, when weighing the pros and cons of a Day 1 'no lynch' vs. a Day 1 'blind lynch'. ...but also remember that those are NOT our only two options. WE may be able to determine a likely scum candidate by taking note of behavior that would only be rational if the player in question was scum.

LIkely to be Town: On Day 1? NOBODY. We don't know enough yet.
Of course I continue to claim to be town, plain old vanilla town, but I don't expect to be believed on my word alone, though hopefully my arguments and actions will give rational town players reason to not buy into any smear campaigns against me.

Appearing Neutral:
Thorthoth - Strong-personality player, Not alignment indicative. Gives good reasons for voting 'No Lynch'.
Samlen - Gives good reasons for voting 'No Lynch'. But I'm not going to over-buy into his friendly helpful vibe just yet.
MudPuppy - Saying a lot, but not committing much.
FloresDelMal - Saying a lot, but not committing much.
ZaBeast - Saying a lot, but not committing much. Voting for Mitch doesn't seem to be a particularly strong choice.
BuJaber - Involved player. dakky is voting for him, that may be a sign of Town.
Icepack - recent addition, an experienced Mafia player. Being kinda quiet... Is voting 'No Lynch'.
HotShot53 - Needs to get more involved, however voting for Pika is a strong choice.
dakky21 - Strong-personality player, in itself, not alignment indicative, but I've seen him be this way and get away with murder.
Of all the 'appearing neutrals' he is closest to being put on the scummy list.
skoffin - Strong-personality player, Not alignment indicative.
Kamikaze Jawa - recent addition, claims to be a new Mafia player. Needs to get more involved.
Minister Masket - Needs to get more involved.

Looking Scummy:
DirtyDishSoap - Has been arguing 'no lynch' but hasn't voted no lynch. Instead he's been making a lot of unwarranted attacks as if he would like a blind lynch. Not walking it like he's talking it.
Pikanchion - Determined to get a lynch going without sufficient evidence. Yea, he's going after me, and I KNOW I'm Town.
Ragian - Taking pot shots. Don't like how he's aiming.
madmitch - Coming off as a scum lackey. Tried jumping on PIka's anti-Thorth bandwagon for stupid reasons... but maybe he is just scared, closest of the four probable scumsters to making the neutral list.

Just to remind you: Here is LoVo's latest vote tally:

No Lynch (3): Thorthoth, Samlen, Icepack
Minister Masket (2): ZaBeast, Ragian
Pikanichion(1): Hotshot53
BuJaber(1): dakky21
Thorthoth (1): Pikanchion

Not Voting (8): DirtyDishSoap, madmitch, MudPuppy, BuJaber, skoffin, nickthesticks, Minister Masket, FloresDelMal
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Corporal Thorthoth
 
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: My pyramid in Asgard, beside the glaciated Nile.
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (2)
Tribe Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Just to clarify thorthoth, my experience is limited. I've played x2 mafia games on CC and maybe one or two dozen in person versions. Not a noob but I wouldn't call myself experienced as you listed there.
Image
RISE a winner, FALL asleep a Champion.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class IcePack
 
Posts: 13975
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 166
Event Silver (1) Event Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (38)
Challenge Achievement (5) Tribe Achievement (4) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (13) General Contribution (26)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Ragian wrote:I don't see any reason to remove my vote, however. Someone else vote for MM so we can get a claim and move on from there.


Image

Four votes out of 15 would pressure me enough into a claim? You should know better than that.

I have been quiet, and I have both an in-game and out-game reason for that.
In-game is because it's been a very balanced Day 1 so far and honestly no-one is sticking out. Not even madmitch or Thor. Maybe they've learned. :o
Out-game, I've been looking to buy my first car as an individual and so a lot of last weekend was spent on research and test drives. Got one picked out for this week though!

Sorry, but the only people I can mildly suspect right now are simply those voting for me.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Image
User avatar
Private Minister Masket
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: On The Brink
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Kamikaze Jawa wrote:There was 235 posts to read, and most of you are basing your suspicions because you know each other and your playstyles from other games. I also thought 'Well I've joined more than a week after they've started, there's no clear tells so I'll just hurry up and vote to help move the game along'. Which in hindsight is silly because Lord Voldey said there'd be 72 hours notice of the end of the day so I'll unvote no lynch and keep my eyes peeled for any better tells.

You know, the goal of D1 is to try to get scum and town tells from everyone. You wanting to make the day end quickly as soon as you enter made it look like you didn't want town to get any tells on you, which is more scum than town.

Thorthoth wrote:LIkely to be Town: On Day 1? NOBODY. We don't know enough yet.
Of course I continue to claim to be town, plain old vanilla town, but I don't expect to be believed on my word alone, though hopefully my arguments and actions will give rational town players reason to not buy into any smear campaigns against me.

I don't see why you'd feel the need to claim your role. It's true you've been under significant pressure from other players, but not at all at risk of being lynched. Probably a dumb move, but could also be a fake claim. Tbh, I find this claim scummier than no claim at all.
Thorthoth wrote:ZaBeast - Saying a lot, but not committing much. Voting for Mitch doesn't seem to be a particularly strong choice.

I'm voting MM, not mitch. Check your vote list right at the bottom of your post.

Minister Masket wrote:Sorry, but the only people I can mildly suspect right now are simply those voting for me.

You didn't give out very good arguments for not voting you. Unless I missed some, before you said you had irl stuff, here's what you came up with:
1- Bad D1 player
2- Other people do the same, go vote them instead
Now that you don't have an excuse, participate more and I'll change my mind ;)
To be fair, I'm tempted to change my vote though. HotShot submarining is well underway, with no posts since the 13th (page 7)
Colonel ZaBeast
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 5:26 pm
Medals: 71
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Bronze (1) Event Gold (1) Event Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3)
Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)
Challenge Achievement (8) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Vote Count 1.3


No Lynch (3): Thorthoth, Samlen, Icepack
Thorthoth (2): Pikanchio, madmitch
Minister Masket (2): ZaBeast, Ragian
Pikanichion(1): Hotshot53
BuJaber(1): dakky21


Not Voting (7): DirtyDishSoap, MudPuppy, BuJaber, skoffin, Minister Masket, FloresDelMal, Kamikaze Jawa


With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

I have set a deadline for Sunday Night (US TIme). Click here for time in your location.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9595
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Launceston, Australia
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (17) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11)
General Contribution (3)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Thorthoth definitely wrote:LIkely to be Town:
Pikanchion - Determined to prevent an outcome that would be negative for town's chances.

Appearing Neutral:
Samlen - w/e
MudPuppy - w/e
FloresDelMal - w/e
ZaBeast - "Is voting for somebody on my scum list but apparently that's not a "strong" choice... Probably because it's not No Lynch like I want."
BuJaber - w/e
Icepack - "Is acting scummy but voting for No Lynch so that's alright."
HotShot53 - "Is acting scummy but voting for who I would if I weren't entirely set on voting No Lynch makes that alright."
dakky21 - w/e
Kamikaze Jawa - w/e
Minister Masket - w/e
DirtyDishSoap - "Also wants No Lynch but is scum because they wrote that Pikanchion is probably town, and while I'm at it let me pressure you into placing your No Lynch vote because then I'll consider you town for sure."
Ragian - w/e
madmitch - "OMGUS! Also let me try to pressure you into voting No Lynch because then I'll forgive your transgressions because you are clearly "scared" of something..."

Looking Scummy:
Thorthoth - Determined to prevent sufficient evidence for a lynch becoming available, gives awful reasons for No Lynch, keeps proclaiming self and own actions to be non-scummy, admits we don't know who is scum yet bases their entire list of who and who isn't scum based on whether the person is for or against one other specific player, is pressuring others into voting No Lynch under the claim that not doing so would be scummy, does not attempt to refute any argument as to why Lynching is preferable to No Lynch but maintains that they are correct in this matter.
Skoffin - Behaving VERY unusually, is always scum, definitely evil.
User avatar
New Recruit Pikanchion
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
Looking Scummy:
DirtyDishSoap - Has been arguing 'no lynch' but hasn't voted no lynch. Instead he's been making a lot of unwarranted attacks as if he would like a blind lynch. Not walking it like he's talking it.


Not Voting (8): DirtyDishSoap, madmitch, MudPuppy, BuJaber, skoffin, nickthesticks, Minister Masket, FloresDelMal




To be fair, I didn't say "Vote"

So I'll correct that. Vote: No Lynch

You're pretty sensitive to any criticism mayne. There's a plethora of reasons why you're being targeted, don't just single me and 1 other out because you can't seem to argue your way out of it. :lol:
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?


No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.


Whoosh
Corporal DirtyDishSoap
 
Posts: 7694
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Medals: 18
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Skoffin on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Pikanchion wrote:
Skoffin wrote:Doth thou dare criticise my fair Piku?!
Aww, I didn't know you cared <3

Anybody else suuuuper suspicious of Skoffin now she isn't trying to get me lynched for once?


I'm not sure why you are so suspicious of me for this. Et tu, Pika?


@DDS - Quit copying me


Image

Honestly, I wouldn't mind lynching hotshot.
Image
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
User avatar
Lieutenant Skoffin
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Skoffin wrote:
Pikanchion wrote:
Skoffin wrote:Doth thou dare criticise my fair Piku?!
Aww, I didn't know you cared <3

Anybody else suuuuper suspicious of Skoffin now she isn't trying to get me lynched for once?
I'm not sure why you are so suspicious of me for this. Et tu, Pika?
Uh... I mean, no Skoffin is highly trustworthy and her lack of attempting to lynch me could only be seen as a positive change to her character, not as some may have suggested, an indication of being evil and/or scum. :3
User avatar
New Recruit Pikanchion
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Of course I continue to claim to be town, plain old vanilla town, but I don't expect to be believed on my word alone, though hopefully my arguments and actions will give rational town players reason to not buy into any smear campaigns against me.

Wow... your one-man smear campaign against yourself is damning enough. I get that you're upset that folks are calling your play Noobish even though you feel like you've matured as a player... but what were you thinking with that claim? You had no pressure (2 votes out of 16 does not constitute any pressure) and you choose to declare yourself a vanilla townie out of nowhere? Please try to explain to me how that helps town? And, as a test, please try to explain to me how your claim hurts town?
User avatar
Colonel MudPuppy
 
Posts: 2089
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 129
The Championships Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (21) Training Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (2) Tribe Achievement (4)
General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users