Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 3- Deadline Set]

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:24 am

BuJaber wrote:Thor you're misinterpetting the Ragian - MM interaction.

MM did not prove Ragian wrong. MM talking during the night doesn't contradict what Rag is saying. You can think he's a scummy liar if you want I just want to make that clear. Ragian made an error with his assumptions about masons.

If I had to choose between Rag and KJ I'd choose KJ for scum. Problem is if both are town than Ragian dying would be better because it means more info for town.

So I'm between someone who's 50-50 to flip scum and someone I believe is town. But the cost of losing town KJ is so high so I think we should vote no lynch.

Unvote vote No Lynch
Highest count wins we don't need majority for no lynch we just need more than the votes on Rag.

Rag if you survive who would you jail?

Voting no lynch on day 3, plus asking for info that only helps scum makes me unvote, vote BuJaber

I still think MP is a bit scummy for not full claiming, but I was the only vote left there so that wasn't going anywhere.
Major HotShot53

Postby FloresDelMal on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:03 am

Rags, wasn't full disclosure so much productive than sulking pointing at puppy? your blocking ability makes sense given your behaviour in rapport to MM, now as someone mentioned, scum could have a roleblocker too, but since seems you are an experienced scum player i doubt you could have been so adamant about MM once everyone pretty much thought of him as town, so for now i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and Unvote Rags

I am not comfortable with the case on KJ, i think he should mend his scummarining ways, but the same could be said about hotshot, MM and others, so i could like to actually see him participate more and build cases before i can make my mind about where to put him on the scale of greys

and because i believe puppy's flavour claim and BuJ made himself no favour by asking the jailor or roleblocker who his target will be and then voting no lynch in D3, I'll just go ahead and Vote BuJ once again
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby BuJaber on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:56 am

First of all Voting no lynch in this situation makes perfect sense when the only ones close to a lynch are more likely to be town than scum. We don't want to mislynch.

Second I meant that I could see KJ flipping scum or town. No strong indication of either. But if we do lynch him and he's town that it'd be very bad because it would give us no information to analyze since the lynch would be very fast. So I weighed the potential reward versus the potential risk and concluded that the risk is greater than the reward. (The reware being he might be scum and we could kill one of them).

Third I asked Ragian the question because he is (at least was at the time before the two recent unvotes) likely to get killed, so he wouldn't actually be able to jail but since I believe he's town I wouldn't the extra insight before we lose him.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 am

BuJaber wrote:
Third I asked Ragian the question because he is (at least was at the time before the two recent unvotes) likely to get killed, so he wouldn't actually be able to jail but since I believe he's town I wanted the extra insight before we lose him.

EBWOP
Major BuJaber

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Fine, fine, whatever...
Unvote, Vote BuJaber.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 pm

btw, that makes 5 on the Buj.
Minister, Pika and/or KJ, please do what needs to be done.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:37 pm

BuJ isn't at the top of my list... and the folks I feel are most questionable seem to be leading this charge (shifting focus from KJ???)... but my list is iffy and I think a BuJ claim is better than no claim:

Unvote, Vote BuJaber.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 pm

MudPuppy wrote:BuJ isn't at the top of my list... and the folks I feel are most questionable seem to be leading this charge (shifting focus from KJ???)... but my list is iffy and I think a BuJ claim is better than no claim:

Unvote, Vote BuJaber.

Hmm :-s ...that's might... decent of you, MudPuppy. :-k
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Thorthoth wrote:btw, that makes 5 on the Buj.
Minister, Pika and/or KJ, please do what needs to be done.

I don't see why anybody thinks Ragian is Town...
Private Pikanchion

Postby BuJaber on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Lol yeah this is not scummy at all.... At least more information from my lynch than KJ.
Thor using his confirmed town status to do the scummiest things known to man.
Been flipping back and forth but hotshot may be scum. He seems to be just going with the flow.
No idea what Pika is doing. Considerably less aggressive than earlier in the game. Worth noting.

I don't have time to wait for L-2 and deadline is very close and I still have hopes that town will not lynch a townie: so I am Bofur, a vanilla townie.
We can do it: let's either lynch a scum or end the day with no lynch.

Since Ragian explained that no lynch is the default if no majority lynch is reached, here's the alternative possible scum lynch: hotshot.

Unvote Vote Hotshot

Related to mafia in general not this game specifically:

I was new to this forum and sensed the pack mentality from the start.. the "how dare so and so argue against our established norms". I am not just saying this because this is the umpteenth time I'm facing a lynch as a townie. Heck, even long time players on this forum fall victim to this closed-mindedness whenever they introduce a new approach. I don't consider myself new anymore, but will continue to not succumb to the pressure to change my playing style. Otherwise however will they judge me based on my meta if I don't create one :o :o :roll: :roll:. Plus mandy said it's all about having fun. So let's not forget that. Always play the way that makes you happy. Another reason why I don't want to change.
Major BuJaber

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:40 pm

So in this game, does the mod provide scum with safe name claims?
If so, that is a stupid policy and undoes any benefit of asking for a name claim. Clearly some of the minor dwarf characters are actually being played but other must not be... If scum has to guess which is which, it makes the game challenging... but if just they have a safe answer handed to them, then it's just stupid.

Is that a question you could answer LoVo?
We've already had one scum give a an unchallenged dwarf name and then he turned out to be an ork or something. Did dakky get lucky in guessing a name that wasn't being played? In any case, the same situation may now apply to BuJaber.

BuJaber is now at L1. He only needs one more. I think/hope we can count on KJ and/or Minister to finish this off.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Ragian on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 pm

When is the deadline?

Have the people voting BuJ considered where to go if he flips town or scum or third party? If so, please put it on record lest it goes missing if you are nk'ed.

And yes, BuJ, Pika is awfully changed.
Captain Ragian

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Those longer posts like at the beginning of the game each take me multiple hours to write, I just don't have the time/inclination right now.

Losing a VT as the worst case isn't a massive deal however, and I'd rather avoid another no lynch so...
Unvote: Ragian
Vote: BuJaber
Private Pikanchion

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 pm

LoVo will want to add it up carefully to confirm... but I think that's a lynch.

Ragian (2): Minister Masket, Kamikaze Jawa,
Kamikaze Jawa (1): Ragian,
BuJaber (7): ZaBeast, Samlen, Pikanchion, FloresDelMal, Thorthoth, Hotshot53, MudPuppy
Hotshot53 (1): BuJaber

Not Voting (1): madmitch

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:56 pm

Bofur is definitely one of the three more obscure dwarves, to the point I'd be surprised if LoVo included him as a role.
Before the claim I wasn't sure but now I'm more curious what the lynch will reveal.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [D3 - Deadline Set]

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Vote Count 3.6

BuJaber (7): ZaBeast, Samlen, Hotshot53, FloresDelMal, Thorthoth, MudPuppy, Pikanchion
Ragian (2): Minister Masket, Kamikaze Jawa
Kamikaze Jawa (2): Ragian, madmitch,
Hotshot53 (1): BuJaber

Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

And that is a lynch. Scene coming shortly. No game talk from now please.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 pm

"Is that The Mountain?" asked Bilbo in a solemn voice, looking at it with round eyes. He had never seen a thing that looked so big before. "Of course not!" said Balin.

They asked Gandalf where he was making for, and he answered: "You are come to the very edge of the Wild, as some of you may know. Hidden somewhere ahead of us is the fair valley of Rivendell where Elrond lives in the Last Homely House. I sent a message by my friends, and we are expected."

"Welcome to the valley!" Gandalf said.

"Thank you!" the dwarves said a bit gruffly; but Gandalf was already off his horse and among the elves, talking merrily with them. "You are a little out of your way," said the elf

There were many paths that led up into those mountains, and many passes over them. But most of the paths were cheats and deceptions and led nowhere or to bad ends; and most of the passes were infested by evil things and dreadful dangers. The dwarves and the hobbit, helped by the wise advice of Elrond and the knowledge and memory of Gandalf, took the right road to the right pass.....

Unfortunately Bofur was then left lost down the wrong path...The company double backed to find him dead....

BuJaber, Bofur, a Vanilla Townie allied with Thorin’s Company has been lynched

show: role

80 hours for night actions (I have cricket on Saturday) Click here for deadline.

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Night 4 - His adventure ends]

Postby BuJaber on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Farewell fellow dwarves.
Major BuJaber

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Night 4 - His adventure ends]

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:07 am

Day 4

Long days after they had climbed out of the valley and left the Last Homely House miles behind, they were still going up and up and up. It was a hard path and a dangerous path, a crooked way and a lonely and a long. Now they could look back over the lands they had left, laid out behind them far below. Far, far away in the West, where things were blue and faint, Bilbo knew there lay his own country of safe and comfortable things, and his little hobbit-hole. He shivered. It was getting bitter cold up here, and the wind came shrill among the rocks. Boulders, too, at times came galloping down the mountain-sides, let loose by midday sun upon the snow, and passed among them (which was lucky), or over their heads (which was alarming).

Soon Fili and Kili came crawling back, holding on to the rocks in the wind. "We have found a dry cave," they said, "not far round the next corner; and ponies and all could get inside."

"Have you thoroughly explored it?" said the wizard

Out jumped the goblins, big goblins, great ugly-looking goblins, lots of goblins, before you could say rocks and blocks. There were six to each dwarf, at least, and two even for Bilbo; and they were all grabbed and carried through the crack, before you could say tinder and flint. But not Gandalf.

Suddenly a sword flashed in its own light. Bilbo saw it go right through the Great Goblin as he stood dumbfounded in the middle of his rage. He fell dead, and the goblin soldiers fled before the sword shrieking into the darkness.

Then Gandalf lit up his wand. Of course it was Gandalf; but just then they were too busy to ask how he got there. He took out his sword again, and again it flashed in the dark by itself.

"Are we all here?" said he, handing his sword back to Thorin with a bow. "Let me see: one-that's Thorin; two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven; where are Fili and Kili? Here they are, twelve, thirteen....

But a member of the company didnt make it out....

“If you must know more, his name is Beorn, He is very strong, and he is a skin-changer.”

Ragian. Beorn, a Jailkeeper allied with Thorin’s Company is dead

show: role

Not Voting (10): Samlen, Thorthoth, FloresDelMal, Kamikaze Jawa, Hotshot53, madmitch, ZaBeast, Minister Masket, MudPuppy, Pikanchion

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

There is currently no deadline in place

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 4- He is a skinchanger]

Postby madmitch on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:17 am

Well just great :x which one of you scum killed our jail keeper ? You seemed to be on his ass quite a bit K.J. :-k
Cadet madmitch

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:33 am

I got blocked last night... but thanks for the goodbye bear hug, Ragian.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:22 am

madmitch wrote: You seemed to be on his ass quite a bit K.J. :-k

I think perhaps you should go reread Day 3, if you'll recall, my vote was on you throughout the majority of the day. I voted him near the end to get a claim out of him, but you seem to be narrowing in on me for some reason.

I'm also quite concerned at the speed lynch of BuJ. I readily admit that I was suspicious of him, but I would have preferred a no-lynch to the speed lynch that happened. I'd like to find out from those who voted for him, did they vote him because they genuinely believed he was scummy or did they believe Ragian and just hopped on the newest bandwagon to save our jailer?
New Recruit Kamikaze Jawa

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:18 am

This is not good, all around not good.

I need to compose my thoughts... but I will say this now,

I am looking at a player that has hardly had any suspicion thrown his way... and yet he has yet to perform one single towny act.

Who do you think I'm looking at?

btw, JK I did think BuJaber was scum, though not the scummiest, I wish ZaBeast hadn't been so stubborn... though I do believe he was sincere, other lynchers not so much.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:38 am

Thorthoth wrote:I am looking at a player that has hardly had any suspicion thrown his way... and yet he has yet to perform one single towny act.

Who do you think I'm looking at?

Image :?: :P :mrgreen:
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Wow, I didn't expect that quick of a bandwagon to form... I was the third vote on him, and suddenly within 5 hours 4 more people voted for the lynch. I was expecting to come back and see his claim and decide if he should be lynched or not after that, but he was lynched before I read the thread again.

I'd say MudPuppy's vote there was the most suspicious one, putting him at L-1 and open for the hammering...
Major HotShot53

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives