Conquer Club

Game Abandoned.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Unternehmen Michael: Day 1

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 am

aage wrote:I'm not really keen on getting lynched over a gut feeling so I'll point out that your gut is influenced not only by me but also by whatever it is you've been eating or drinking. Now it's often said that "we are what we eat", so presumably it was dirty dish soap, and your gut is therefore not to be trusted.

The only real lead I have so far is on Dakky so I'll move my vote accordingly. Basis is making a big deal out of Strike's unusual posting style and drawing alignment based conclusions from it.

Unvote
Vote Dakky

That basically is what dakky does in every game. :?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:14 am

So, are you saying dakky plays poorly?
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:17 am

Also, I've been drinking in moderation. How dare you attack my character?!

@Rags
Anyone that day kills me played poorly.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:18 am

Or kills mein general
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Ragian on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:28 am

Is it a slip that you said "Mein General" which is German for my general?
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:53 am

Good catch Rags =D> =D>
Cadet madmitch

Postby aage on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:16 am

madmitch wrote:Good catch Rags =D> =D>

Can you stop posting in the thread please? You're not a player in this game. Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:38 am

Ragian wrote:Is it a slip that you said "Mein General" which is German for my general?

Maybe it's my stupid phone not wanting to separate me and in.

Come on...
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:20 am

Dear Rags,

Ragian wrote:Is it a slip that you said "Mein General" which is German for my general?

Care to explain?

And blocked until this game is over.

So I guess Dakky like Aage thinks Doom is a bastard [mod] since he didn't hesitate to continue to claim that it was alignment indicative. I certainly don't begrudge being thought of as town but at least make it on my actual contributions. This is however kind of the wacky behavior I'd expect from Dakky so I don't feel Aages vote holds much water in that regard.

I'll be clearer on an earlier point as I don't think ZaBeast or Pikanchion got what I was saying. My point was less that the day should end in a lynch over a no lunch and more that we can't go into a day assuming that we will no lynch. People often slip up under pressure and there has to be a realistic hint that their actions have immediate consequences to get them to feel more pressure. Also even without a true lynch, we'll see how people react to each other more. Now, we have been for the most part getting decent discussion so I haven't really been feeling too pressed on finding a target but I do think we are starting to get to that point.

As far as your point about exposing weakened players to mafia. Granted. It's better than then being out right lynched but that is a worry and we can't just assume that we treat it like any other game when we are gifted with a different set up than normal. Admittedly if I was mafia, I'd probably try to keep town off balance. For the most part, I'd probably let any non-scum lynch target live (an exception being if this person claimed a strong enough role for me to pause and believe I needed to get it out of the game ASAP), chip away at someone else and watch the ensuing wifom the next day on whether that makes that person scum or not while the distraction allows the real scu m to go unnoticed. Occasionally I would take advantage of the weakened townie. Of course, this would risk extending the early part of the game (the latter should even out as there would be more weakened townies overall to increase successful kill and mislynch rates) and would somewhat depend on if me or a scumbuddy were receiving negative attention.

As far as exposing power roles, I mean that's any game we go for the lynch and I don't feel holds any extra weight because it's just the same risk as always.

As far as balance it's really too early to say, Doom could have tried to balance by giving mafia fewer health points than town but allowing the kill to do more hits than the lynch or they could be relatively even on health points and night kills do regular damage. Mafia (and possibly even town) could have limited ways of doing extra damage on certain kills. These are all assuming that the game has decent balance and we won't really know that since it's experimental.

I must go now. We've been attacked by a Skoffin skimmer.

Sincerely,

Strike Wolf

P.S. I have been following on my phone but I don't have access to a laptop right now so posts especially big ones like this one are a pain which is why I haven't been posting as often.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Right, so the "mein General" bit was a joke. I thought that was rather obvious... You guys are tons of fun. Should we just lynch Skoffin? Prod her? Maim her? Do something evil to her?
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Ragian wrote:Right, so the "mein General" bit was a joke. I thought that was rather obvious... You guys are tons of fun. Should we just lynch Skoffin? Prod her? Maim her? Do something evil to her?

Your jokes are dry and they suck, learn to joke, noob.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:09 am

Everything seems dry to a flood. Eat your burger and calm down.
Captain Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:28 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Anyone that day kills me played poorly.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Or kills me in general

(corrected to what I think he wanted to say)

Overconfidence can sometimes be good, but sometimes it can lead to a failure. If I recall correctly, it was the Indigo league mafia when Doom acted the same and got lynched for it and it turned out he was scum for the whole "I'm the best and who lynches me is a poor player" thing (I won't use a proper adjective because it wouldn't be nice).

First I was joking with you, now you made it clear that my vote stays on you.
Captain dakky21

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:10 pm

Unvote Ragian No point in keeping my joke vote where it is right now.

Unfortunately I don't have much on anyone. Dakky's vote on DDS rubs me the wrong way though (and also his insistence that strike is town, but I haven't played with him enough to know if that's common of dakky to do that like strike mentionned). How I see DDS' post, he's just buthurt that dakky targeted him of all people in the hobbit game and is giving him shit for that and dakky just made another crazy leap going from there to DDS being overconfident and obviously scummy (because he doesn't like to be killed?). Spoiler alert dakky: I don't think anybody does. Vote dakky
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby dakky21 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:00 pm

ZaBeast wrote:.........DDS being overconfident and obviously scummy (because he doesn't like to be killed?). Spoiler alert dakky: I don't think anybody does.

So you openly admit that DDS is obviously scummy and he doesn't like to be killed and then confirm that with the fact that anybody doesn't like to be killed. Mate, sorry, I'll just change my vote from DDS to you because this is too much for me to handle.

unvote, vote ZaBeast
Captain dakky21

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 pm

dakky21 wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:.........DDS being overconfident and obviously scummy (because he doesn't like to be killed?). Spoiler alert dakky: I don't think anybody does.

So you openly admit that DDS is obviously scummy and he doesn't like to be killed and then confirm that with the fact that anybody doesn't like to be killed. Mate, sorry, I'll just change my vote from DDS to you because this is too much for me to handle.

unvote, vote ZaBeast

Maybe I haven't been clear enough in my previous post (see below), but this part you quoted I took it from your previous post. What I got from it was that you found DDS overconfident and that made him scummy (since you said you weren't joke voting him anymore). I just reworded what you were saying while hopefully keeping the meaning.

I can understand your vote if you misunderstood my post, but the fact you didn't point out the obvious (me "admitting DDS is scummy" while voting you instead) makes me raise an eyebrow (again I didn't admit DDS is scummy, because I have no reason to think he is, and I don't buy dakky's argument)
ZaBeast wrote:Unvote Ragian No point in keeping my joke vote where it is right now.

Unfortunately I don't have much on anyone. Dakky's vote on DDS rubs me the wrong way though (and also his insistence that strike is town, but I haven't played with him enough to know if that's common of dakky to do that like strike mentionned). How I see DDS' post, he's just buthurt that dakky targeted him of all people in the hobbit game and is giving him shit for that and dakky just made another crazy leap going from there to DDS being overconfident and obviously scummy (because he doesn't like to be killed?). Spoiler alert dakky: I don't think anybody does. Vote dakky
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby dakky21 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:24 pm

ZaBeast wrote:I can understand your vote if you misunderstood my post, but the fact you didn't point out the obvious (me "admitting DDS is scummy" while voting you instead) makes me raise an eyebrow (again I didn't admit DDS is scummy, because I have no reason to think he is, and I don't buy dakky's argument)

You've just successfully said that you are mafia by playing it too much defensibly... I think we should lynch you and if it turns out that I'm correct, DDS next since you're protecting him the whole time. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a start.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Dear Abby,

dakky21 wrote:

unvote, vote ZaBeast

Way to edit the quote to make it seem like ZaBeast was saying something scummier than what he actually said. I don't see his reaction being super scummy either. You misinterpreted he corrected. It wasn't like he went on a ten minute tirade on the matter.

strong FOS Dakky

With concern,

Strike Wolf.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Dear strike,

FOS me how much you want, I am not the one who you after... unless you are the crap in this pile. I don't know it yet, it is only a day one. Anyway, dear strike, gfy. I don't care.

With condolences,

dakky21
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:29 am

Sheesh. Just admit you read it wrongly and get on with it :roll:
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:18 am

dakky21 wrote:Dear strike,

FOS me how much you want, I am not the one who you after... unless you are the crap in this pile. I don't know it yet, it is only a day one. Anyway, dear strike, gfy. I don't care.

With condolences,

dakky21

If one person calls you out on your crazy fallible logic, probably scum, if multiple are calling you out on it, chances are your shit stinks
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby aage on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:29 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:That basically is what dakky does in every game. :?

Is this still applicable? The guy's lashing out at everything around him. Maybe I'm not familiar with the new metagame, but this seems like the epitome of OMGUS, with a little bit of strawman on the side.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:21 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:If one person calls you out on your crazy fallible logic, probably scum, if multiple are calling you out on it, chances are your shit stinks

I'd say don't go with the masses. It's a bandwagon and this is how it starts. My logic may not be correct while it is possible that it is.

Anyway, lynch takes 1 HP so go ahead and lynch me, got a plenty of them.
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:59 pm

Vote Count

Skoffin (1) - Pikanchion
dakky (2) - aage, ZaBeast
zabeast (1) - dakky
aage (1) - DirtyDishSoap

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is May 1st.

Will massprod tomorrow to remind everyone of the upcoming deadline.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:55 am

I think I made my stance and reasoning clear already so...
Unvote: Skoffin
Vote: No Lynch
I'm happy to wait for the night phase to provide some clarity on what is going on.
Private Pikanchion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives