Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1 - Deadline Set]

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:49 pm

@ ZaBeast: Sorry, my mistake, you are voting for MM, not Mitch. I just got the two 'M' names mixed up, but it is true that i don't understand your vote because MM doesn't seem any scummier than average so far.

@ Pika: I expected a rebuttal but the way you did it was very misleading (scummy?). The biggest fallacy you perpetuated is that I am diehard 'No lynch' on day 1. That is NOT TRUE. I would love to find a good reason to vote for a scum today... but there isn't a reason good enough yet. Even your scumminess is not a sure thing, just a suspicion. That's why I'm not voting for you, at least not yet. I don't want my valid criticism to be perceived as just fuel for a bandwagon. ...but obviously, you have no such qualms.

@ DDS: Okay, your lack of a 'No Lynch' vote was just an oversight. Fair enough...

@ MudPuppy. I don' think my 'claim' is such a big deal. 'Vanilla Town' is the default assumption anyway when nobody claims otherwise... but do understand me, I am telling the truth.
Remember, scum already knows everybody who is not scum. This game is all about townies trying to convince each other that they're really townies.

So, MudPuppy, are you town? In fact...

Attention Everybody: Answer the following question.
Are you Vanilla Town or are you some other role?
NOTE: If you refuse to answer this question you will be assumed to be Vanilla Town, until 'proven' otherwise (though some players might still try to lynch you anyway).
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Attention Everybody: Answer the following question.
NOTE: If you refuse to answer this question you will be assumed to be Vanilla Town, until 'proven' otherwise (though some players might still try to lynch you anyway).

Are you serious? -Happy enough we have somebody scummy enough to lynch now DirtyDishSoap et al.? lol
Private Pikanchion

Postby Skoffin on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:58 pm

I am going to assume that you do not realise that you are acting like a complete muppet there, and not that you are an extra-dumb scumster trying to lure extra dumb townies.

Vanilla townie means a town-member with no abilities, so you are asking everyone to out whether they are a regular townie or a town power role. Did you mean to do that or did you wake up on the wrong side of a potato this morning?
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Skoffin wrote: I am going to assume that you do not realize that you are acting like a complete muppet there, and not that you are an extra-dumb scumster trying to lure extra dumb townies.

Vanilla townie means a town-member with no abilities, so you are asking everyone to out whether they are a regular townie or a town power role. Did you mean to do that or did you wake up on the wrong side of a potato this morning?

No, I'm asking players to say what they are willing to claim. In all likelihood nobody who is scum, third party or power-town will give an honest answer. In fact,, most/all will just ignore the question, but that is my point: Before a player explicitly self-claims, what is he implicitly claiming. Answer: Vanilla Town. Claiming to Town that is. Scum and third party don't need to claim anything to themselves, they already know, the Town part anyway. (Though yes, Scum and Third-party must claim between the two groups, that is true.)

btw, are you shocked because you believe my claim, or because you don't believe my claim? I'm standing by it, but how can I prove it? Maybe there is a way...
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Skoffin on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:22 pm

Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Well, I lost Skoffin*, but somebody may get it.

*Or else she wants to appear to not understand...
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Samlen on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:31 pm

You're asking for mass claiming day 1? That's insane. Like there's nothing good that can or will be accomplished from that. At best everyone claims "vanilla townie". Now you've wasted the town's time doing less than nothing. At worst, we get actual claims in the open and scum know who to go for.

Ninja'd by thor: No skoffin appears to understand perfectly fine. YOU don't understand what you're asking and hwy it's incredibly impractical.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 pm

*fetches popcorn*

I love it when people refuse to look in the mirror :lol:

@MM, I don't get your "four votes" bit. Only two are voting you, and I never said (intentionally anyway) that you are one vote away from claiming. Whichever way you twist and turn it, four votes makes no sense.

FP'ed by Sam and Denial.
Captain Ragian

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:18 am

I apologize for disappearing last week... extremely crazy week at work last week finishing up partnership tax returns for the Sept 15 extended due date. Even had to pull an all nighter thurs-fri, 28 hours straight in the office is no fun lol. Kind of crashed this weekend after that. And to add to it, I stupidly joined all the Olympics, USA super tournament, and Great War tournaments available, so I've been struggling just to take my turns, many of them get down to only an hour or two left before I take my turn. (currently have 116 active games... last week was even more.)

The next couple weeks I should be ok... I make no promises for the week before the Oct 15 deadline.

So, after catching up with the thread, I will unvote since pika seems to be posting more game stuff and not just the flavor and potential role fishing.

ZaBeast wrote:Hi KJ and welcome to the game.
I understand you just joined, but could you give us a little more to work on? You couldn't find any scum tells (and that's ok, there's not that much to work on D1), but do you have any particular opinions about the setup? And what about your role? Pika wanted to know if anybody was playing more than one character. He said he had information he would share if no one was.

Asking a brand new player "what about your role?", knowing there is a good chance they could actually respond to it with their role seems extremely suspicious to me. I know when called on it you subsequently said you were just asking if he was two characters or not... but if you were, then you wouldn't have asked about the role, you would have just asked about 2 characters or not. This is the most suspicious thing I've seen so far on day 1, so I will vote ZaBeast
Major HotShot53

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 am

ZaBeast wrote:You know, the goal of D1 is to try to get scum and town tells from everyone. You wanting to make the day end quickly as soon as you enter made it look like you didn't want town to get any tells on you, which is more scum than town.

Or I was an overeager noob trying to jump into a game that's been going for a week :p. As said, I mistakenly thought that since you guys had been waiting for so long that it was better to say something rather than nothing. Which as I mentioned in my first post, I was bound to make some noob errors and I did ^_^ My bad, moving on.

HotShot53 wrote:Asking a brand new player "what about your role?", knowing there is a good chance they could actually respond to it with their role seems extremely suspicious to me.

Okay glad to see I'm not just paranoid. That question felt somewhat dodgy to me at the time, which is why I chose to wait and see if anyone else commented on that before answering. Not sure that makes him suspicious enough to be scum, but definitely came across like 'can we trick the dumb newbie into something?'

Also my condolences mitch, my best wishes to you and your family
New Recruit Kamikaze Jawa

Postby BuJaber on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:04 am

Thorthoth wrote:BuJaber - Involved player. dakky is voting for him, that may be a sign of Town.

This is my favorite line so far. :lol: Nice that you caught that about dakky 8-).

That said... honestly.. right now the only thing that makes me think you're not scummy is the fact that it would be completely idiotic and stupidly-ballsy to play like you did if you were scum. Stop with the no lynch propaganda.. we have all taken sides on that issue amd if it happens it happens.. but nobody is suggesting blind lynch so by your own admission nobody wants what you don't want.
Plus you make that claim that nobody can or will believe so it's pointless to say the least. Plus you ask people to make the same rediculous claim as you. It's almost like you want to get lynched.
Also if you or anybody else can't see that Pika is the closest we have to a confirmed townie then we're gonna have an issue because he is the worst candidate for lynch right now and you exonerating hotshot based on his vote on Pika was a scummy thing to do but since I still think you're town I'll say it's very misguided.

I'm not so sure about hotshot now so he's not at the top of my list anymore. And while his point about ZB is valid, I feel that ZB has made other valuable contributions that outweigh it so he's focusing on the wrong person. For example Kamikaze does seem like a good target right now and we can cut him some slack but that doesn't mean we can't talk about how scummy his first post was.

I am however starting to strongly suspect DDS. His last few posts just scream misdire tion to me. Using red font to make it harder to distinguish between him and skoffin, poking ragian on something that seems very minor and overall not giving much opinion on some of the cases that are being put forth. Now I understand that DDS doesn't ike day 1 and doesn't think he can be helpful but it kinda feels like that's just his excuse. Nobody would blame you for being wrong when you have no real information but not participating at all with any insight raises questions.
Vote DDS

Before you use MM's defence of "I am not the only one why are you picking me" :P :roll: , I can only vote for one person.

FP'd by KJ: yes ZB's question was scummy but so was your first post and like I said his other contributions have me leaning town on him. If it was an honest mistake then that's alright we all learn from every game but your noob defence is a two edged sword because you can be a noob scum as well as noob town.
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:04 am

So, BuJ, would you vote for MM? The last bit of your post seems to suggest that you would. Why not vote for him, then? He already has two votes, while DDS (as far as I remember) has none. Let's at least get some pressure piled onto MM. Your vote on DDS moves the game nowhere given no one else is voting him.
Captain Ragian

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:37 am

HotShot53 wrote:I apologize for disappearing last week... extremely crazy week at work last week finishing up partnership tax returns for the Sept 15 extended due date. Even had to pull an all nighter thurs-fri, 28 hours straight in the office is no fun lol. Kind of crashed this weekend after that. And to add to it, I stupidly joined all the Olympics, USA super tournament, and Great War tournaments available, so I've been struggling just to take my turns, many of them get down to only an hour or two left before I take my turn. (currently have 116 active games... last week was even more.)

The next couple weeks I should be ok... I make no promises for the week before the Oct 15 deadline.
I'm not 100% sure you're actually referencing the deadline for day 1 of this game when you say the 15th of October, but if you are: the deadline is actually on the 24/25th (depending on where you live) of September.
Private Pikanchion

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 am

Pikanchion wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:Attention Everybody: Answer the following question.

Are you serious? -Happy enough we have somebody scummy enough to lynch now DirtyDishSoap et al.? lol

As much as I want to vote for the guy, I don't think he's scum after the past couple posts...Just really ignorant.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skoffin on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:03 am

You know what we all like? Splitting the votes! So I am going to join in.

I do not support a lynch on DDS, Masket, Pika or Thor currently. However I find Hotshot to be a perfectly acceptable alternative. He has been submarining and not offering a whole lot to go on, and after very limited attention his way he did come back to give a vote but for a guy that has been quite active and hotshot gave the same reasoning that somebody else mentioned (the whole "he could be tricking the noob!" line) when that could have easily just been a case of poorly phrasing something. At best he's playing his usual inactive scumstyle unless called upon, at worst he's an inactive townie stuck doing taxes; either way I'm more willing to lose him at this time then one of the other players up for contention.

Vote Hotshot
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:33 am

Pikanchion wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:I apologize for disappearing last week... extremely crazy week at work last week finishing up partnership tax returns for the Sept 15 extended due date. Even had to pull an all nighter thurs-fri, 28 hours straight in the office is no fun lol. Kind of crashed this weekend after that. And to add to it, I stupidly joined all the Olympics, USA super tournament, and Great War tournaments available, so I've been struggling just to take my turns, many of them get down to only an hour or two left before I take my turn. (currently have 116 active games... last week was even more.)

I'm not 100% sure you're actually referencing the deadline for day 1 of this game when you say the 15th of October, but if you are: the deadline is actually on the 24/25th (depending on where you live) of September.

Pretty sure he's referring to the next tax deadline for his work (i.e., when he'll be super-busy in real life again).

His explanation for not posting does seem reasonable. It would have been a bit more so had he signed up for this game closer to when LV 1st posted it back in early July... but he signed up just 2 1/2 weeks before the start, in which case he should have had an inkling about his crazy schedule for September. It may just be a case of biting off more than he can chew vs. scumarining... but he needs to find a way to participate.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby BuJaber on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:42 am

Ragian wrote:So, BuJ, would you vote for MM? The last bit of your post seems to suggest that you would. Why not vote for him, then? He already has two votes, while DDS (as far as I remember) has none. Let's at least get some pressure piled onto MM. Your vote on DDS moves the game nowhere given no one else is voting him.

Yes and hotshot too.. It just felt that I had more to go on against DDS.

MM's attitude doesn't tell me he'll crumble under the pressure and since LV has now completely destroyed my strategy of waiting for mitch to come up and for people to start getting agitated, we don't have time for a bandwagon just for the sake of forcing a claim.. we have to be commited if we're gonna beat the "no lynch"ers.

Basically I need you to tell me what makes you think people will jump on MM's wagon rather than DDS. You could always vote with me on DDS .. it's only a difference of 1 vote at this point we can play catch up.

Pika are you sticking to thor as your vote target?
Dakky, Mud, Flores .. thoughts?
Major BuJaber

Postby Skoffin on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:49 am

MudPuppy wrote:His explanation for not posting does seem reasonable. It would have been a bit more so had he signed up for this game closer to when LV 1st posted it back in early July... but he signed up just 2 1/2 weeks before the start, in which case he should have had an inkling about his crazy schedule for September. It may just be a case of biting off more than he can chew vs. scumarining... but he needs to find a way to participate.

I would agree with you except for the fact that this seems to be his typical strategy.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 am

Well, he does have 125 active games. I agree that Hotshot typically is a no show in games. He did in Lion King, he did it in ME kinda-sorta, and I don't imagine it'd be any different here.

Him lurking per se isn't the problem, he just isn't overtly active on here. I don't think it's really alignment indicative.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:09 am

@BuJ, I don't find DDS scummy. I find MM scummy. He doesn't say anything about anyone. He's just talking flavour and hiding behind "I'm bad at D1". Who isn't? Except for dakky shooting scummy me in Lion King :roll: If you switch to MM, maybe we'll draw others out too. If you want to stick with DDS, then stick with him. I don't see him being forced to claim D1 as it is.
Captain Ragian

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:04 am

BuJ wrote:
Plus you ask people to make the same rediculous claim as you. It's almost like you want to get lynched.
------------
Is there any chance we have a hobbit jester?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack

Postby Ragian on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 am

No way of telling without a lynch.
Captain Ragian

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:52 am

Well....yeah, I'm saying any characters make sense in the hobbit for a jester

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack

Postby BuJaber on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am

Ragian wrote:@BuJ, I don't find DDS scummy.

Fair enough.. Unvote Vote Minister Masket
Major BuJaber

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:09 am

MudPuppy wrote:
Pikanchion wrote:

Pretty sure he's referring to the next tax deadline for his work (i.e., when he'll be super-busy in real life again).

His explanation for not posting does seem reasonable. It would have been a bit more so had he signed up for this game closer to when LV 1st posted it back in early July... but he signed up just 2 1/2 weeks before the start, in which case he should have had an inkling about his crazy schedule for September. It may just be a case of biting off more than he can chew vs. scumarining... but he needs to find a way to participate.

Yeah, I was referring to the next tax deadline (extended due date for individual tax returns). Usually Sept 15 is busy but not this bad, so I thought I'd be fine for day 1 since it's my only mafia game currently. That's why I waited until after the last game finished to join here, and am not joining the CYOC game, because I've learned having 2 mafia games going at a time during busy season is a definite no-go.

Ragian wrote:@BuJ, I don't find DDS scummy. I find MM scummy. He doesn't say anything about anyone. He's just talking flavour and hiding behind "I'm bad at D1". Who isn't? Except for dakky shooting scummy me in Lion King :roll: If you switch to MM, maybe we'll draw others out too. If you want to stick with DDS, then stick with him. I don't see him being forced to claim D1 as it is.

MM would be my second choice, for posting flavor only but no game content. I think ZaBeast's role fishing of a newbie is a bigger scum sign for day 1, but will switch to MM if needed to get the game going so we don't end day 1 with no info at all
Major HotShot53

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives