Conquer Club

INTO THE DEEP (COMPLETE - Mafia Win !!)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: INTO THE DEEP

Postby Skoffin on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Did you know that in the male octopus one of it's 'arms' is used to transfer sperm to the female? So, in essence, whenever you touch a male octopus you are in fact touching octo penis.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:58 pm

Tobikera wrote:I would gauge there are 5 bad guys and either 11 town, or 10 town and 1 3rd party.
For the latter, I like a whale shark, which is a filter feeder (eats plankton), not a predator; and, which casts a huge shadow.
Yes, all this from my vantage of ignorance on Day 1.
The mods certainly have a cornucopia to choose from for roles.
There are sailfish, barracudas, etc....various types of fish
Then there are sharks, rays, and skates....elasmobranchs
And, squids, octopuses, and cuttlefish....cephalopods, a type of Mollusc
Then they could go downscale to do sea cucumbers, jellyfish, etc.
Might be hard to assign a town vs scum designation based on the role.
Finally, there are 7 DBD players and 9 non-DBD players, but I doubt that has anything to do with intentions, nefarious or otherwise.
This should be interesting....glta.

It seems like most of your list are saltwater, but the initial story made me think more of freshwater species learning to survive. Perhaps freshwater are villagers and saltwater are scum? Idk.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Drunk dials mafia*
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby BuJaber on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:48 pm

blacky365 wrote:
Tobikera wrote:I would gauge there are 5 bad guys and either 11 town, or 10 town and 1 3rd party.
For the latter, I like a whale shark, which is a filter feeder (eats plankton), not a predator; and, which casts a huge shadow.
Finally, there are 7 DBD players and 9 non-DBD players, but I doubt that has anything to do with intentions, nefarious or otherwise.

You know way too much about sea based creatures.... igmeoy

Why is that suspicious?
Major BuJaber

Postby blacky365 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:08 am

I live a sheltered life...
Private 1st Class blacky365

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:15 am

chapcrap wrote:

It seems like most of your list are saltwater, but the initial story made me think more of freshwater species learning to survive. Perhaps freshwater are villagers and saltwater are scum? Idk.

5 seems like a lot, but at the same time there are no VTs, so I guess it's possible, all depending on what and how many 3rd party roles we have
I don't think there is a saltwater-freshwater fish division, the opening scene just said freshwater fishes learned to live in the salted ocean waters. Also the role example is a saltwater VT.

chapcrap wrote:How many of us are playing to win the mafia game and how many are attempting to win credits? That could change how the votes are done.

I wouldn't mind getting credits but I'll play to win. Which incidentally would give more credits than my secret objective, so I urge all townies to try to win first and get the objectives second. Scum can play however poorly they want

dakky21 wrote:
pershy wrote:cool theme to this game. I wonder who are the sharks in our midst.

How do you know there are sharks? the opening scene says only about shadows and one Swordfish... are you a Shark pershy?

I'm not a native english speaker, but isn't it an idiom?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby pershy on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:33 am

exactly zabeast, I was being metaphoric. I'm not a shark and I doubt there are actual sharks. FOS dakky for putting words in my mouth - but still it's a valid point to be wondering about the set up and try and catch someone out.
Maybe we should reveal our animal. I would be happy to reveal my particular type of aquatic life if there were a consensus to do so.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby Razorvich on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:41 am

High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Skoffin on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:02 am

pershy wrote:exactly zabeast, I was being metaphoric. I'm not a shark and I doubt there are actual sharks. FOS dakky for putting words in my mouth - but still it's a valid point to be wondering about the set up and try and catch someone out.
Maybe we should reveal our animal. I would be happy to reveal my particular type of aquatic life if there were a consensus to do so.

You doubt there are sharks in a game about the ocean? This strikes me as an odd theory considering sharks are one of the more notorious ocean inhabitants.

Also I reveal our animals would essentially be asking for a mass claim day 1. Lolno.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:00 am

Skoffin wrote: Did you know that in the male octopus one of it's 'arms' is used to transfer sperm to the female? So, in essence, whenever you touch a male octopus you are in fact touching octo penis.

Spiders do that too. Consider that next time you fondle your pet tarantula.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby dakky21 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:39 am

Mass claim day 1 is ridiculous, especially in a game where you have tons of possible creatures so even if people claim their it really won't mean anything. Even if a counter claim happens, we don't know if there are multiple animals of the same species.

Unless... they claim sharks or other predators but who on earth would claim those or even mention them unless they are these or know they are in the game.
Captain dakky21

Postby blacky365 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 am

dakky21 wrote:Mass claim day 1 is ridiculous, especially in a game where you have tons of possible creatures so even if people claim their it really won't mean anything. Even if a counter claim happens, we don't know if there are multiple animals of the same species.

Unless... they claim sharks or other predators but who on earth would claim those or even mention them unless they are these or know they are in the game.

Agreed...
and pershy, you should know better!
Its abit suspicious of you to even suggest this given the latest DBD game... do you have something you want to tell the group? if you want to admit being scum I wont stop you...

Postby dakky21 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 am

ZaBeast wrote:
dakky21 wrote:
pershy wrote:cool theme to this game. I wonder who are the sharks in our midst.

How do you know there are sharks? the opening scene says only about shadows and one Swordfish... are you a Shark pershy?

I'm not a native english speaker, but isn't it an idiom?

And to answer this, shark may be an idiom in any mafia game except this one where the theme is ocean and water. Imagine if the theme of the game was "animals" and someone asks "how many wolves around there".. idiom... perhaps, but not likely. I'd just say a slip.
Captain dakky21

Postby Sirius Kase on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:08 am

I wouldn't rule out the existence of sharks, considering game is set in the ocean. Similarly, does everything have to be a fish? I'm thinking whales and sea cucumbers. Someone said something about octopuses.
[img]https://s24.postimg.org/6rwmdezkl/signature-_IWWYL8_P7.png[/img]
Private Sirius Kase

Postby BuJaber on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:10 am

Skoffin wrote:
pershy wrote:exactly zabeast, I was being metaphoric. I'm not a shark and I doubt there are actual sharks. FOS dakky for putting words in my mouth - but still it's a valid point to be wondering about the set up and try and catch someone out.

You doubt there are sharks in a game about the ocean? This strikes me as an odd theory considering sharks are one of the more notorious ocean inhabitants.

Also I reveal our animals would essentially be asking for a mass claim day 1. Lolno.

What he's asking about is a mass flavor claim, let's not over react.

He is clearly discriminating against sea plants though :P
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:12 am

Anyway flavor claiming would be unwise considering there's no benefit like dakky said but you might help someone get their bonus win condition.
Major BuJaber

Postby Pikanchion on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:46 am

While advocating for a mass claim* is somewhat suspect, I find the post that encouraged it far more so. It feels as though either chapcrap was acting in a deliberately divisive manner with that post while covering it up with the throwaway "idk" at the end, or they were merely posting for the sake of posting to look active.

*albeit only flavour, though in this game it's also entirely plausible that flavour information could play a part in bonus objectives which would then have a mechanical effect with regards to bonus ability unlocks and the like...
Private Pikanchion

Postby Darin44 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:50 am

blacky365 wrote:
dakky21 wrote:Mass claim day 1 is ridiculous, especially in a game where you have tons of possible creatures so even if people claim their it really won't mean anything. Even if a counter claim happens, we don't know if there are multiple animals of the same species.

Agreed...
and pershy, you should know better!
Its abit suspicious of you to even suggest this given the latest DBD game... do you have something you want to tell the group? if you want to admit being scum I wont stop you...

You knew pershy is going to throw that out there
Sergeant 1st Class Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby jfm10 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:44 pm

I have never seen Ragian this quiet...which one of yous is he afraid of?
Captain jfm10

Postby Pikanchion on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 pm

Maybe he's just town-sided for the first time ever and doesn't know how to play it ;)
Private Pikanchion

Postby pershy on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:28 pm

nice to get some attention lol. My point was that I have nuthin to hide so I wouldn't be against claiming my animal for a flavour claim.
Yes Ragian needs to get in here.
Pikanchion wrote:Maybe he's just town-sided for the first time ever and doesn't know how to play it ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant pershy

Postby blacky365 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:33 pm

pershy wrote:nice to get some attention lol. My point was that I have nuthin to hide so I wouldn't be against claiming my animal for a flavour claim.
Pikanchion wrote:Maybe he's just town-sided for the first time ever and doesn't know how to play it ;)

Whenever I’ve seen ragian play like this, he has turned out to be scum...
#justsaying

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:59 pm

chapcrap wrote:I'm going to decline to vote during these stages of jocularity. Let's get the serious talks started!

With 16 of us, how many do you think might be scum?

How many of us are playing to win the mafia game and how many are attempting to win credits? That could change how the votes are done.

vote chapcrap

"Let's all speculate on the mafia/town ratio" is about the least interesting thing that one can possibly say that still looks like one is trying to contribute to serious discussion. I read this as a blatant attempt to gain town cred early on.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:19 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:vote chapcrap

"Let's all speculate on the mafia/town ratio" is about the least interesting thing that one can possibly say that still looks like one is trying to contribute to serious discussion. I read this as a blatant attempt to gain town cred early on.

I'd rather have filler posts like these than have the thread die because there is nothing to talk about. Not alignment indicative imo

I don't see any way a flavour claim would help town, and while it likely wouldn't be detrimental, it could give information to the scum team if 2 players have the same role and could likely be masons for instance. Therefore there is no reason to claim. Scum would easily find a fake claim if their name is suspicious.

Seems like my joke vote wasn't counted so I'll do it again vote aage
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Darin44 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:35 pm

pershy wrote:nice to get some attention lol. My point was that I have nuthin to hide so I wouldn't be against claiming my animal for a flavour claim.

I'm with pershy I have nothing to hide either flavour claim would be nice
Ragian is trying to get a store together
Sergeant 1st Class Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives