Conquer Club

[15-Apr-2007] Card Counters

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Lev306 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:42 pm

dcowboys055 wrote:
Enigma wrote:
jc103 wrote:All great, apart from;

NO NO NO NO NO!

Card counting is a SKILL! So many players dont bother and rightly pay the price! Why take away that advantage?

AMEN!
thats exactly what ive been trying to say here: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17041
ill restate- good players use other ways to keep track of cards- y hand a strategic tool to the rest on a silver platter??
ive loved every other update but please take this one off.

So people with greasemonkey should just have a special advantage for no reason?

OMG... What are you guys talking about!?!?!? Of course card counting is a skill!!! Its one that 1st graders in elementary school learn to master!!!

All kidding aside the card count on the side is great, saves me typing those silly notes to myself about who has how many cards or scrolling up pages of text to find out how many cards each person has.

Though I do really hope that lack gets the new live chat up and working soon. Can't wait to get my real name back as opposed to Gabberxxx where x is a number, not a reference to something else sickos!
Sergeant 1st Class Lev306

Postby Hyperion on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:49 pm

I think the card counters are great, and come on guys, card counting as a skill? It's just a waste of time! Conquer club is meant for the casual gamer, and for most people it isn't a question of skill, but it's a question of time.
Corporal 1st Class Hyperion

Postby GrazingCattle on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:07 pm

ok live chat, what happened? I am still having to deal w/ Gabbly!
Sergeant GrazingCattle

Postby hawkeye on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:08 pm

People had bugs so lack changed it back. :(
Cook hawkeye

Deadbeats in assassin games

Postby Robiwan Kenobi on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:30 pm

I have found on several occasions in assassin games that I have a target and after a few rounds they deadbeat and my target all of the sudden changes. This has screwed me on several occasions due to the fact you set up a game plan then after a few rounds you have to start from scratch even though the other teams have been trying to gain power over their original target.

What i'm saying it's like a race and after the 5th lap your told because some other guy gave up you start at the beginning and your in the hole 5 laps.

Perhaps in the cases in deadbeating in assassin you should still have to kill that color instead of a new target.

Reason being if you continue to go for that kill the other teams should be trying to stop such actions anyways......

Thanks for listening to my idea and i appreciate all feedback on the matter
Private Robiwan Kenobi

Postby lduke1990 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:16 am

Love the update Lack, but now the find games interface is really tedious, could there be a radial button that says: All Maps, or something to that effect so that those of us who don't care what map we play don't have to select everysingle one from the list available? Thanks for listening and gratz on the update
We are the Borg. We come to assimilate your technology. Resistance is futile
Private lduke1990

Re: Deadbeats in assassin games

Postby Ishiro on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:37 am

Robiwan Kenobi wrote:I have found on several occasions in assassin games that I have a target and after a few rounds they deadbeat and my target all of the sudden changes. This has screwed me on several occasions due to the fact you set up a game plan then after a few rounds you have to start from scratch even though the other teams have been trying to gain power over their original target.

What i'm saying it's like a race and after the 5th lap your told because some other guy gave up you start at the beginning and your in the hole 5 laps.

Perhaps in the cases in deadbeating in assassin you should still have to kill that color instead of a new target.

Reason being if you continue to go for that kill the other teams should be trying to stop such actions anyways......

Thanks for listening to my idea and i appreciate all feedback on the matter

It does stink when your target deadbeats in assassin, but this idea isn't exactly fair because while the other people should be trying to prevent you from taking your target, your target gains no armies and does nothing to defend himself... that's not fair either.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby lackattack on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:49 am

lduke1990 wrote:Love the update Lack, but now the find games interface is really tedious, could there be a radial button that says: All Maps, or something to that effect so that those of us who don't care what map we play don't have to select everysingle one from the list available? Thanks for listening and gratz on the update

Selected none is the same as selecting all. Perhaps I should add some instructions about that.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby boberz on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:47 am

on the card counting issue, can i just say that in a normal game of risk you would be able to see how many cards they have without having to scroll down the log, so this just takes away the disadvantage of the internet

love it all lack thanx
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby St John on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:42 am

Twill wrote:thanks for the update lacky :)

Hmm, lacky is pronounced the same way as lackey. Here's what Thesaurus says about synonyms to lackey: flunkey, crawler, sycophant, toady, apple polisher, ass-kisser, bootlicker, fawner, groveler, truckler. :shock:

Now why would you wanna go and call mr. lackattack all these things?
I am not under the impression that it is an excellent idea at all. I am actually confident that He Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance and Furious Anger. :lol:
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. Or close the wall up with our English dead!
Lieutenant St John

Postby Timminz on Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:03 pm

Timminz wrote:I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for this complaint. I have just experienced, what I consider to be, an abuse of the team mate deadbeat issue. playing a 4 player doubles game, we were in the lead very slightly. The other team then missed 2 turns each and the first player missed his third turn and was kicked out, his team mate then returned to play his next turn and received triple the amount of armies he was entitled to (having missed 2 rounds). The problem with this is that he had just inherited all of his team mates territories, and therefore received triple the amount of armies based on approximately double the amount of territories(his and his team mate's). This seems like a really bad loophole in the rules. Could someone please explain to me why this is acceptable, or if it will be fixed.
Does no one understand the question, or am I in the wrong thread?
Captain Timminz

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 pm

Timminz wrote:
Timminz wrote:I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for this complaint. I have just experienced, what I consider to be, an abuse of the team mate deadbeat issue. playing a 4 player doubles game, we were in the lead very slightly. The other team then missed 2 turns each and the first player missed his third turn and was kicked out, his team mate then returned to play his next turn and received triple the amount of armies he was entitled to (having missed 2 rounds). The problem with this is that he had just inherited all of his team mates territories, and therefore received triple the amount of armies based on approximately double the amount of territories(his and his team mate's). This seems like a really bad loophole in the rules. Could someone please explain to me why this is acceptable, or if it will be fixed.
Does no one understand the question, or am I in the wrong thread?

You're in the wrong thread. Search for a related thread in the Suggestions and Bug Reports forum.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Hoff on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:07 pm

awesome update, nice job lack.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby cheeseweasel on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:28 pm

boberz wrote:on the card counting issue, can i just say that in a normal game of risk you would be able to see how many cards they have without having to scroll down the log, so this just takes away the disadvantage of the internet

love it all lack thanx

Exactly. If you're sitting with your friends around the kitchen table playing the board game, your cards are sitting face-down around the board, and if they're not, the rules state that any player is allowed to ask for a card count at any time.
Sergeant cheeseweasel

Postby caloyin on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:38 pm

good changes, but there is something planned to avoid missing turns as "strategy" to get extra armies?
Sergeant 1st Class caloyin

Postby AK_iceman on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:40 pm

caloyin wrote:good changes, but there is something planned to avoid missing turns as "strategy" to get extra armies?

Yes.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9536

Juat A Suggestion

Postby Boomslang1970 on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:47 am

Hey lacky,

Nice touch there what you did recently! Congrats :) .

By the way, this is just a suggestion... maybe you could install some features at the My Game page to show how much time left for the said player (without having to enter the game, that is..). That way, we could monitor which game we should attend first. I think this would be helpful for those who has many active games..

Thanks, bro! Keep up the good work!!! =D>
Corporal 1st Class Boomslang1970

Postby vtmarik on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:46 am

I love you Lackattack! Great work!
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby s.xkitten on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:54 am

vtmarik wrote:I love you Lackattack! Great work!

seconded
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby CCTV on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:11 pm

great updates, although i dont really support the my games page, id prefer to see my current games im playing and ones im signed up for but not started in the same page
Private CCTV

Postby CatronixFilms on Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Didn't you say there was a NEW chat room?
The silhouette in my avatar is the person who has acted in the majority of my short movies. His ConquerClub name is darklemondude. Feel free to harass him.
Private 1st Class CatronixFilms

Postby pancakemix on Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:57 pm

lackattack wrote:Okay, back to gabbly for now. phpFreeChat is too much traffic for cheap webhosting.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Re: ummm

Postby Fristjan on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Great updates!

Although I would prefer to have a "All Games"-tap in "My Games."

There was an idea of if a Rookie missed a turn, in a team game, he would deadbeat, how much would it suck if you missed a turn and then you got kicked out of the game! That does not work, the way it is now is way better!

Keep up the good work!
Sergeant 1st Class Fristjan

Postby nagerous on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:30 pm

problem of deadbeats is now shifted straight on to our singles games, ever thought you could only play other new recruits for your first 2 games
Captain nagerous

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:41 pm

nagerous wrote:problem of deadbeats is now shifted straight on to our singles games, ever thought you could only play other new recruits for your first 2 games

But deadbeats don't really effect singles games that much. When someone deadbeats in a team game, it usually screws his partners up and they lose points because of it.

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives