Conquer Club

2020 CC Olympics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 2020 CC Olympics

Postby Mad777 on Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 am

Mad777 wrote:Other than speed, no other tournaments has ended for now...stay tuned!

No change as of today, lots of battle out there still 8-)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:11 pm

First 2 non-speed tournaments completed, =D> to NooNooNinners (CONQ) and mookiemcgee (RISE) for winning!

M&S (71pts) is leading the board, followed by FBRD (59) & WTF (58), next we have RISE (49) & MYS (40).
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Coors1 on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:13 am

Great tourny, tho hate when players have no chance at winning, and suicide on a player (me) to have a tribe member win. Play 20 rounds, just so a player can suicide on you so his friend can win is damm outright shameful. https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=19995441

Ruins the game play for me.
Captain Coors1

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:28 am

Coors1 wrote:Great tourny, tho hate when players have no chance at winning, and suicide on a player (me) to have a tribe member win. Play 20 rounds, just so a player can suicide on you so his friend can win is damm outright shameful. https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=19995441

Ruins the game play for me.

This is against the site rules.

You can report it in C&A forum and refer to this case as a precedent:
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=233425
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Few more tournaments completed.

M&S (96pts) is leading the board, followed by RISE (70), FBRD (65) & WTF (61), next we have MYS (42) & CONQ (32).
Lieutenant Mad777

2020 CC Olympics

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:39 am

Few more tournaments completed, OP updated (check for the green numbers)

M&S (114pts) is leading the board, followed by RISE (98), FBRD (87) & WTF (82), next we have MYS (58) & CONQ (36).
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:24 pm

I think you guys should seriously consider making gold's worth 6 instead of 5 (for 2021)

I might only be saying that because I currently have the most golds ;) but I think it was suggested in years passed. The disparity between silver/gold/platinum 1/3/5/10 seems a little dramatic jump for platinum. As far as the individual rankings go someone could win 2 tourneys and have the same number of points as someone who wins wins one tourney and finished last in another.

If gold was worth 6, it would be bronze +2 = silver, silver +3 = gold, gold +4 = platinum.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby josko.ri on Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:51 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:I think you guys should seriously consider making gold's worth 6 instead of 5 (for 2021)

I might only be saying that because I currently have the most golds ;) but I think it was suggested in years passed. The disparity between silver/gold/platinum 1/3/5/10 seems a little dramatic jump for platinum. As far as the individual rankings go someone could win 2 tourneys and have the same number of points as someone who wins wins one tourney and finished last in another.

If gold was worth 6, it would be bronze +2 = silver, silver +3 = gold, gold +4 = platinum.

This exactly I wanted to suggest too.

With the current system, in Gold medal awarding tournament, win in semifinal is more worth than win in final.
This is because, win in semifinals is giving you +2 points (increase from Bronze to Silver) AND a chance to earn more +2 points in finals. However, win in finals is giving you only +2 points (increase from Silver to Gold).
Therefore, pointwise, win in semifinals is more important than win in finals, which is paradoxical.
Major josko.ri

Postby ElricTheGreat on Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:59 am

What's a guy gotta do to see his name on the scoreboard?

I managed to get 3rd for a Bronze to go with all the different ribbons that I should have received ... but still nothing

What gives?

admin wrote:ElricTheGreat,

Congratulations! The Tournament CC Olympics - Iron Silk Project has ended and you came in 3rd place.

You won the following prizes:

• Olympics Bronze Medal
  • Olympics Participation Ribbon

Check out our Tournaments tab at any time to test your skills in other Tournaments.

Conquer Club Tournament Team
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Mad777 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:51 am

ElricTheGreat wrote:What's a guy gotta do to see his name on the scoreboard?

I managed to get 3rd for a Bronze to go with all the different ribbons that I should have received ... but still nothing

What gives?

Congratulations! The Tournament CC Olympics - Iron Silk Project has ended and you came in 3rd place.

• Olympics Bronze Medal

Check out our Tournaments tab at any time to test your skills in other Tournaments.

tell me how much ribbon is in your inventory?
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:44 pm

What gives?

• Olympics Bronze Medal

You don't get your ribbons until the tourneys end... so maybe those just haven't been awarded yet?

Still it's weird. The last two places on the leader board are for 1pt, and those two players have no medals and only 3 ribbon (so .6 pts rounded up), and you should have 1.2 pts for a bronze and one ribbon for that tourney so really you should be ahead of them. I bet if you get 2 more ribbons (1.6total) and get rounded up to 2pts it will throw you on there.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:53 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:

What gives?

• Olympics Bronze Medal

You don't get your ribbons until the tourneys end... so maybe those just haven't been awarded yet?

Still it's weird. The last two places on the leader board are for 1pt, and those two players have no medals and only 3 ribbon (so .6 pts rounded up), and you should have 1.2 pts for a bronze and one ribbon for that tourney so really you should be ahead of them. I bet if you get 2 more ribbons (1.6total) and get rounded up to 2pts it will throw you on there.

I know there have been times in the past where the computer only recognizes whole numbers for event boards. If that is still how the scoreboard works then it won’t differentiate between people with a 1.2 and a 1.6, they’ll just both register as a 1.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Major CatchersMitt14

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:57 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

What gives?

• Olympics Bronze Medal

I know there have been times in the past where the computer only recognizes whole numbers for event boards. If that is still how the scoreboard works then it won’t differentiate between people with a 1.2 and a 1.6, they’ll just both register as a 1.

I could certainly be wrong, but I think the scoreboard sees no difference between .6 and 1.2... but 1.6 would show up as a 2. I mostly say this because two people on the scoreboard have 3 ribbons but show a score of 1
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:12 am

mookiemcgee wrote:I think you guys should seriously consider making gold's worth 6 instead of 5 (for 2021)

You get golds for 8 (2 speed tournaments for some reason)-16 player tournaments, while platinums are for 24-32 players tournaments. It makes sense for it to be worth twice for tournaments with twice the players.

That being said I believe the scoring of the speed tournaments should stay the same throughout the competition instead of having the last 2 worth more for seemingly no reason (if there's one that deserves gold instead of silver it should be the not at all chinese one since there are more games)

Finally, I think the opening and closing ceremonies should work as regular brackets, with score resets between each round. How it is set up, your opponent r1 has too much of an effect on your chances of getting past the subsequent rounds as your score carries over. So if you're lucky enough to face a poor player or a deadbeat you have a huge edge going into r2. If you have a tight match however, it's the opposite, where you need to get an awesome r2 to make up for it, which is a lot harder since most of the bad players have been weeded out at that point
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:44 pm

ZaBeast wrote:

You get golds for 8 (2 speed tournaments for some reason)-16 player tournaments, while platinums are for 24-32 players tournaments. It makes sense for it to be worth twice for tournaments with twice the players.

That being said I believe the scoring of the speed tournaments should stay the same throughout the competition instead of having the last 2 worth more for seemingly no reason (if there's one that deserves gold instead of silver it should be the not at all chinese one since there are more games)

Finally, I think the opening and closing ceremonies should work as regular brackets, with score resets between each round. How it is set up, your opponent r1 has too much of an effect on your chances of getting past the subsequent rounds as your score carries over. So if you're lucky enough to face a poor player or a deadbeat you have a huge edge going into r2. If you have a tight match however, it's the opposite, where you need to get an awesome r2 to make up for it, which is a lot harder since most of the bad players have been weeded out at that point

So a 24 player tournament should be worth double a 16 person tournament? Is it was only 32 player tourneys that received plat I could see your logic, but that isn't the case. If gold was worth 6 instead of 5 it would get at least a little close to balancing the differential between 24 player tourney winner getting 10 and a 16 player tourney getting only 50% of that value right now. They have already balanced the difference between 8 and 32 person tourneys by awarding gold and silver instead of bronze for 2-4+th place.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:29 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:

So a 24 player tournament should be worth double a 16 person tournament? Is it was only 32 player tourneys that received plat I could see your logic, but that isn't the case. If gold was worth 6 instead of 5 it would get at least a little close to balancing the differential between 24 player tourney winner getting 10 and a 16 player tourney getting only 50% of that value right now. They have already balanced the difference between 8 and 32 person tourneys by awarding gold and silver instead of bronze for 2-4+th place.

As mentionned, it is more than double a 8-player tournament though, and some (last 2 speeds) give a gold medal. They should fix that first before thinking of changing the value of the gold medal.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Fyrdraca on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:45 pm

In the same vein as above, I think the 32-player tourneys should have a platinum for first, gold for second, silver for third, and bronze for fourth. No harm in using the tiebreaker to differentiate between 3rd and 4th over the course of the tourney.

Seems crazy to me that opening and closing ceremonies give out platinums for winning but only silvers for 2nd place.
Colonel Fyrdraca

Postby Fyrdraca on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:46 pm

All that being said, thanks Mad for organizing a huge and also fun tourney :-)
Colonel Fyrdraca

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:51 pm

ZaBeast wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:

As mentionned, it is more than double a 8-player tournament though, and some (last 2 speeds) give a gold medal. They should fix that first before thinking of changing the value of the gold medal.

Those two speeds you refer to are the exception, most of the 8 person tourneys awarded 1st place a silver medal. A silver is worth 3, so winning two silvers is worth more than winning 1 gold. Winning two 8 person tourneys is worth more than winning a single 16 person tourney. But winning one 24 person tourney is worth double one 16 person tourney. ALL OF THIS IS RESOLVED WITH GOLD = 6PTS!!! If you think a 32 person should be worth more than just include two prizes for first place in those.

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=8504
https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=8514
https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=8509
https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=8512
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby emilywink on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:02 am

are there a lot of tourneys still pending?
Colonel emilywink

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:32 am

Check OP and tournament list, number changed to green means completed.

As far the points change for medal I will put a note and check with webmaster before next edition start, I think it is a fair inquiry, in the mean time I will also review some tournament and score reset and see if he is willing to change accordingly.

Thanks all for reporting stuff, that is the only way we can nail down little thing and improve next event edition.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:44 am

Mad777 wrote:Check OP and tournament list, number changed to green means completed.

You're amazing!

=D> =D>
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:52 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Check OP and tournament list, number changed to green means completed.

You're amazing!

=D> =D>

Ahah, I'm not...you all are making this successfull ;)

We have passed the half way and about 60% completed in this event =D>

Ranking wise, things have moved a lot since the last update, M&S still ahead (175), followed now by WTF! (152), then RISE (143) & FBRD (138), 5th place is currently MYS (83).

=D>
Lieutenant Mad777

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives