Thanks for the input Andy, it helps a ton! Here's a quick reply to each section:
- Legend = Just what you said a quick fix, it'll be addressed in the final release.
- Rivers - I'll play around with the rivers a bit. I've tried a few looks, but nothing I've tried has really fit. I'm not sure I follow you about the Lake Evendim thing, it seems pretty obvious to me?
- Bridges - A quick fix as well. I'll have to play around with some looks and see what I can turn up. They'll be addressed in the next release.
- Font - Thanks! I also think the font looks good. As any graphics person knows, the font makes the project.
- Textures - I can try a few looks, perhaps masking some textures into the map. I'll see what can be done in the next release.
- Borders - The borders are a mix of as you say kinda a ho..hum.. approach, while some I spent more time to give it some more feel. Personally, I don't think this matters too much however once the countries are finalized etc. I can create some more creative paths.
- Colors - I know, it's blaring. I may go with more of a pastel theme and see what happens.
- Mountians - How do you really feel?
LOL. I agree they don't look super, but I didn't think they were that bad... They looked good on the huge version of the map I made, but once I shrunk it down they lost a lot of there qualties. I'll have to play around and see what I can put together.
- Circles - I kinda agree. I'll update them in the next version and look for some more input.
- River Issue - Just an oversight on my part. Will be easily corrected in next version.
First allow me to state that MrConfigT and I didn't put a lot of thought in about the bonues. We hoped that some of the "pros" could help us out a little with this and we'd go from there (thus, the temp legend). That said, your input is extremly valuable. Here are some of my thoughts:
Eriador - Yeah, I thought 6 too. We'll see how the rest of the map comes together and adjust accordingly.
Gondor - I've removed the links from Anfalas to Tolfalas and Tolfalas to Far Harad. In the process an attack routes was removed. I'd agree 5 would be a good bonus, espically since holding S. Gondor from Mordor will be a constant battle.
Lindon - I think I'd prefer to move the bonus to 3 than close Fordlindon to Angmar. Personally, I like that there's not any give me countinents in the map.
Mordor - As stated above I removed the Tolfalas to Far Harad connection, so that makes the 2 more reasonable. With the closed access the bonus needs to be smaller, but having 5 countries makes it a little tougher to grab hold of.
Rohan - Closing Westfold off and keeping the bonus at 7 sounds like a good plan. That would leave the attack points at 5 and create a key access point on the map.
Rhovanion - I like the way this country lays out despite the border to counrty ratio you mention. Perhaps upping the bonus to 6 would make it more reasonable?
Ruhn - Duely noted.
40 Countries was semi-deliberate, I was thinking 40 or 42. 40 just seemed to fit better.
Thanks again for your input, it will go along way towards making this a great map. We'll take all of your comments and apply them in one way or another.