Conquer Club

[GO] Relaxing Weekend Turns

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: No weekend time limit option

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:55 am

thaddeas wrote:I'm new to this site. How do people go about finding account sitters

Find a regular team mate, or a player you know you can trust, and ask them to look after your account whenever you are away.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:01 am

thaddeas wrote:I'm new to this site. How do people go about finding account sitters

Play games. Play games with the same people for a bit until you get to become good friends with one of them. Tada! Team games are a good way to do this.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:03 am

As already stated (by woodruff I think) this has been suggested before and rejected. Even as an option I don't think it would be implemented. Find yourself an account sitter. (Maybe if you ask me nicely... ;) )
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:06 am

thaddeas wrote:It would be nice to have the option for no time limits on weekends, or other time limit variables. This way people could do things like camping without missing turns.

Not everyone gets weekends off, so would those people get to take mon/tues or wed/thurs as their "weekend"?

So, you take off Sat and Sun with no "miss" and someone else in a 3-player game takes mon/tues and the third player takes wed/thurs. Now your 24-hour game has turned into 1 turn a week. Hey, it's only fair that if your days off happen to be sat/sun and you get those "miss-free" that others with different days off get their days off "miss-free" right?

So put in a suggestion for 48 or 72 hour turns... maybe they'll program it. However many ppl sign up for those games is the amount of people who'd agree with your option.

To get an account sitter you can post a thread requesting one. You can go to Social and request. You can start playing with people regularly and request.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Pause Timer On Weekends

Postby MoabLiga on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:00 am

SUGGESTION:
There should be a game option to PAUSE THE GAME TIMER On the weekends/Holidays.
Friday at 8:00 p.m. the timer stops. Monday at 8:00 a.m. it restarts.

WHY:
Many people make weekend plans or Holiday plans and can't access conquerclub. Missed turns can ruin a perfectly good game and give 1 team a major advantage.
With this option, people could still take turns over the weekend and play would move on to the next player. But the clock wouldn't start ticking again until Monday morning.

For people who don't make weekend plans, they would not have to select this option and the regular 24 hour turns would always apply.

Missed turns ruin games...most missed turns occur over the weekend or Holidays.

MoabLiga
Lieutenant MoabLiga

Re: Pause Timer On Weekends

Postby gregkt18 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:02 am

I am all for this idea!!!
Corporal gregkt18

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 am

I wouldn't have a problem with this. It would make some games last longer, but if it helps people not miss turns who don't have a sitter, I would like it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:25 am

MoabLiga wrote:SUGGESTION:
There should be a game option to PAUSE THE GAME TIMER On the weekends/Holidays.
Friday at 8:00 p.m. the timer stops. Monday at 8:00 a.m. it restarts.

WHY:
Many people make weekend plans or Holiday plans and can't access conquerclub. Missed turns can ruin a perfectly good game and give 1 team a major advantage.
With this option, people could still take turns over the weekend and play would move on to the next player. But the clock wouldn't start ticking again until Monday morning.

For people who don't make weekend plans, they would not have to select this option and the regular 24 hour turns would always apply.

Missed turns ruin games...most missed turns occur over the weekend or Holidays.

MoabLiga

So basically, you believe that people who choose not to bother with coming to CC in time to take their turns on the weekend should have an advantage over those individuals who have enough personal responsibility to take care of the games they've signed up for?

While I understand that missed turns can spoil games, making the games longer also spoils games for many people.

Life is full of choices...if you choose to miss your turn on a weekend, that is your choice. Don't foist all of the consequences of YOUR choice on other people.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:20 pm

this sounds lie a good idea... although it would require some limits. How often can you use it? How long does each "pause" last. Can you end the pause early?

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:07 pm

Yes that's brilliant. 8am in japan Joe logs onto take his weekend turns. 8am new York Billy logs in. So it's delayed even longer to account for all locations that signed up for the game?

CC time? Then what about poor Joe who isn't on CC time and it starts ticking again while he's in bed.

Nice thought, largely impratical. (not to mention some games already take months/years...)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dibbun on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Terrible idea. Go get a sitter and don't delay my games.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Swifte on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Dibbun wrote:Terrible idea.

Harsh :o

For this to work though, I think it would have to be a selectable game option, along the lines of fog, spoils, etc. Call it the "weekend friendly" option. That way those that want to play that way can, but those that prefer 24 hour turns 7 days a week can play that way. Might be very convenient for some players, though i don't see it being popular in clan wars, tournaments, or amongst anyone above Seargant. ;)
Colonel Swifte

Postby phantomzero on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:06 pm

I'd be okay with it if you could earn some sort of "banked" hours to use.
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby chapcrap on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:09 am

IcePack wrote:Yes that's brilliant. 8am in japan Joe logs onto take his weekend turns. 8am new York Billy logs in. So it's delayed even longer to account for all locations that signed up for the game?

CC time? Then what about poor Joe who isn't on CC time and it starts ticking again while he's in bed.

Nice thought, largely impratical. (not to mention some games already take months/years...)

I hadn't even thought of the different time zone issue... I am in favor of people not missing turns, but I don't think this method is the best.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MoabLiga on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:16 pm

This would be a GAME OPTION...so if you don't like the idea then you don't ever have to use it.

Some people make plans on the weekends...they go out of town...they visit family and friends...they go camping....IT IS HARD to always sign onto conquerclub on the weekends!!

missed turns RUIN the game....

this would make the game SO MUCH EASIER for many people...and if you have a sitter or don't do anything on the weekend, then just DONT play a game with this option.
Lieutenant MoabLiga

Postby mrscherer on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:18 pm

i always do things on the weekend. I would love to have this as an option so i don't always have to sign on. Right now, i always hope my games end before saturday so that i don't have to worry about it.

i love playing, but the weekends arent for being on a computer
Cadet mrscherer

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:35 pm

MoabLiga wrote:This would be a GAME OPTION...so if you don't like the idea then you don't ever have to use it.

Some people make plans on the weekends...they go out of town...they visit family and friends...they go camping....IT IS HARD to always sign onto conquerclub on the weekends!!

this would make the game SO MUCH EASIER for many people...and if you have a sitter or don't do anything on the weekend, then just DONT play a game with this option.

And how do you plan on combating the different time zones? The Weekend in Japan is different than the weekend in the US.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:31 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
MoabLiga wrote:This would be a GAME OPTION...so if you don't like the idea then you don't ever have to use it.

And how do you plan on combating the different time zones? The Weekend in Japan is different than the weekend in the US.

Perhaps instead of it being a global pause at defined times in CC time, it could be done on a user-to-user basis. Each person sets their time zone as part of their profile preferences, so it could be that no player has to take their turn between 8 PM Friday their time, and 8 AM Monday their time. This has a small potential for abuse because a person could gain some time by fraudulently switching their time zones every Friday, though, but if they're doing it it doesn't cause substantial harm and can just be reported in C&A.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby stahrgazer on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Let's add another option, too...

This suggestion for folks who won't play games on a weekend... and think it's too much trouble to find a sitter.
and another option for responsible people who don't play games while at WORK or SCHOOL and then have things to do at night (homework, groceries, other chores) too...and think it's too much trouble to find a sitter: have a pause-timer option for 8pm sunday night "their time" until 8pm friday night "their time".

I guess the easiest way to adjust is to let each player just choose which days and nights they won't be playing, because x night is band practice and y night is "wash my hair and do my nails" time.

Hmm... too much trouble. How about: FIND a SITTER if a game is ongoing and you won't be around.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby chapcrap on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:17 am

stahrgazer wrote:Let's add another option, too...

This suggestion for folks who won't play games on a weekend... and think it's too much trouble to find a sitter.
and another option for responsible people who don't play games while at WORK or SCHOOL and then have things to do at night (homework, groceries, other chores) too...and think it's too much trouble to find a sitter: have a pause-timer option for 8pm sunday night "their time" until 8pm friday night "their time".

I guess the easiest way to adjust is to let each player just choose which days and nights they won't be playing, because x night is band practice and y night is "wash my hair and do my nails" time.

Hmm... too much trouble. How about: FIND a SITTER if a game is ongoing and you won't be around.

Or you could just add a 3 month pause timer in case you are planning on an African safari followed by a hot air balloon trip around the world.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby sniffie on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 am

I believe this option has been suggested many times before but it always has been rejected because off the timezones and because the ideas wasn't popular enough.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby jammyjames on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:09 am

I think this is a very good suggestion.

Maybe there would have to be a mutual decision as to whether the clock can continue running, a voting system of some sort.

There could also be user defined periods to extend the round timer by, for instance; pause by 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 12 hrs, etc....

If more than half of the people in the game vote to agree on the extension then it is valid, if not then the game resumes as per normal?

This way time zones do not have to be taken into account so much as the players have agreed on the pause length.
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby MoabLiga on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am

The 6th word of the original post wast OPTION...this would be a game OPTION. So if you have a sitter, or just stay at home on most weekends, then you NEVER have to select this option. Never, NOT ONCE.
But if you like to take your OWN turns, and you GO PLACES for the whole weekend, then this would be a great option for you.

Time zones are not a big issue at all. There are 24 world time zones. You have 24 hours to take a turn.

Example: Lets say the game pauses based upon the USA EASTERN time zone weekend (5:00 Friday - 5:00 Sunday).
Lets say you live in Japan. You check CC Friday at 3:00, make your moves....then go away for the weekend. You don't plan to be back until MONDAY!

The game doesn't pause for you until 5 a.m. saturday, and will unpause at 5 a.m. Monday morning.

BUT, worse case scenerio your turn came up at 3:01 Friday. When the game paused at 5 a.m. Saturday, you still had 10 hours to make your move! So you can go away for the weekend and NOT worry.
When the timer starts back up at 5 a.m. monday morning, you still have 10 hours!

MISSED TURNS RUIN GAMES.
DONT SELECT THIS OPTION IF YOU HAVE A SITTER
Lieutenant MoabLiga

YOU CAN still make your move while game is paused

Postby MoabLiga on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:45 am

Lets be clear! Just because the game timer is paused, you can STILL make your move.
You just don't have to worry abut MISSING a turn.

Take your turn, and play moves on to the next person. If he is home for the weekend he will take his turn and play moves on at the NORMAL PACE!!

But when play reaches the person who is NOT at home for the weekend they WONT miss their turn!

If you really think this will PROLONG your games....DONT SELECT THIS OPTION.
only players who want a more weekend friendly game will play these types of games
Lieutenant MoabLiga

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 pm

jammyjames wrote:I think this is a very good suggestion.

Maybe there would have to be a mutual decision as to whether the clock can continue running, a voting system of some sort.

There could also be user defined periods to extend the round timer by, for instance; pause by 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 12 hrs, etc....

If more than half of the people in the game vote to agree on the extension then it is valid, if not then the game resumes as per normal?

This way time zones do not have to be taken into account so much as the players have agreed on the pause length.

I'm sorry, but if this is going o be considere it can't be 50% vote and game is delayed.
Think of the two freemium in an 8 player game who DON'T want the timer paused every weekend so they can finish a game. The other 6 want a weekend free to party.

Those games will take forever. It needs to be 100% consensus.

And I'm still against this completely (100%).

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions