200 Maps Celebration!
That's right, Conquer Club has now reached the 200 Map mark and we're celebrating with a few exciting treats for the community!
Congratulations to Seamus76 and V.J. who created our 200th Map Tribal War Florida. The development topic for which can be found here and it has just gone beta! So head over to Join a Game OR Start your own Game and try it out!
All Maps are Open!
- To celebrate Conquer Club reaching the 200 Map mark we are opening all of our limited edition maps up to public play for a whole week! That means that all of our 5 limited edition maps (St.Patricks Day, Easter, Christmas, 2010 World Cup and 2011 World Cup) which are currently closed will be open for you all to enjoy for the next week
[Vote] Conquer Club's Favourite Maps!
- To celebrate this milestone on Conquer Club, we want everyone who possibly can to come and vote for their favourite maps! We want to find Conquer Club's most popular maps and celebrate the diversity we have here on Conquer Club.
- Click on the links below to take you to each of the 4 categories.
- Vote for your favourite maps in each category, each category is made up of 50 Maps.
- You are permitted to vote for 15 maps in each category.
- You DO NOT have to use all 15 votes but that is how many you are allowed to use.
- You CAN change your vote(s) at any time.
- The Favourite Map Polls will be open for 2 Weeks Ending on the 2nd of November 2011.
- Once complete, we will list the Top 12 Maps according to your votes
All 200 Maps have been randomly placed into FOUR categories, each category has their own topic and poll.
How it works:
VOTE: Category ONE
VOTE: Category TWO
VOTE: Category THREE
VOTE: Category FOUR
Spot The Differences Contest!
- Ready for something a bit different? Well here we go, we've taken 5 Conquer Club Maps and made 5 subtle alterations to each of them! You're job is to locate and identify ALL FIVE changes that we've made to each map and write them down in the spaces provided.
- You have a 24 hour window in which to complete each set of differences. A Countdown timer is displayed at the top of the web page telling you how long you have left.
- You MUST use your CC username so that we know who to award medals to, if you don't then we cannot verify and award you your medal.
- You MUST use the same mail address for all sessions (Everytime you participate). If you don't then our scoring system will not be able to add up your scores correctly.
- You MUST fill in ALL FIVE DIFFERENCES to receive a medal, once you submit there is no going back you should not submit a partially incomplete entry.
- You should try to explain the difference in the best way you can. There are no character limits.
- If you can't find all 5 at once, write down the ones you have and come back later to find the rest.
- If you can't find all the differences within the timeframe, there are 5 different maps to try, each on a different day (see below for date/times).
- VERY IMPORTANT: You must not post any answers in this topic, if you do, you will not receive a medal. Any answers posted here will be seen as deliberate attempts to ruin the spirit and fun of the event and may result in other consequences.
For those who can correctly locate and identify all 5 differences for any ONE map, they will receive a General Achievement Medal!
As a bonus, anyone who correctly locates and identifies EVERY difference on EVERY map will receive a Second General Achievement Medal, at the end of the contest!
How it works:
Times for the event are as follows:
Map #1: CC Time: 2011-10-18 18:00:00 until CC Time: 2011-10-19 18:00:00
Map #2: CC Time: 2011-10-20 18:00:00 until CC Time: 2011-10-21 18:00:00
Map #3: CC Time: 2011-10-22 18:00:00 until CC Time: 2011-10-23 18:00:00
Map #4: CC Time: 2011-10-24 18:00:00 until CC Time: 2011-10-25 18:00:00
Map #5: CC Time: 2011-10-26 18:00:00 until CC Time: 2011-10-27 18:00:00
So head on over to our external Spot the Differences Contest and have some fun, can you spot them all?
Thanks to thenobodies80 for making this possible
Official 200 Maps Tournament!
- To celebrate Conquer Club reaching the 200 Map Mark we are also having a tournament involving all 200 maps. We need 160 players for the tournament, you can check out all the details in the tournament topic linked below.
Note: The tournament is now full, and is only accepting reserves.
Prizes include 12 months of Premium Membership as well as General Achievement Medals for all Finalists
This is a PREMIUM ONLY tournament.
For All Details and Sign-Up CLICK HERE
- And last but certainly not least i would like to thank all map-makers past and present for their contributions to this great website. Without them we'd have none of this, so please show your appreciation by saying thanks in this thread. Thanks to all our Cartographers past and present for making the Map Foundry what it is today as well as our 3 Foundry Foremen past and present AndyDufresne, MrBenn and thenobodies80.
I'd like to leave you with the winning entry of our 100 Maps Video Competition back in 2008, it is well worth a look and very entertaining Congratulations n00blet for creating this masterpiece in celebration of Conquer Club's vast map selection.
And cheers to many, many more fantastic maps in the future!
-The Entertainment Team