- No points
- No Scores
- No Ranks
- No Winning
- No Losing
- No Fun
- When a player wins he/she is happy but the player that loses is sad, therefore the two cancel each other out and nothing is gained. Why not just eliminate the expenditure of energy to gain nothing as a means to become more efficient. I'm sure that someone could calculate the greenhouse gasses that would be eliminated by doing this, I am sure that it would be significant
- Currently there are many in the community that get very sad when a higher ranked player plays a lower ranked player. It's not really very fair when a higher rank beats a lower ranked player. This type of segregation of class brings on a lot of sadness, its the same ol' "rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer". If there were no such thing as a rank then it would greatly reduce the chance of people getting sad.
- Under the current system, that uses points as a means of establishing a comparative point of reference, It will tend to make a player very sad when he/she loses points and eliminates the possibility of any "Win/Win" type situation form occurring. Again a Win/Lose situation is a zero sum gig, there is no progress with this type of system, too much wasted energy with too much of an environmental impact.
- It's not really fair that in order for a particular player to experience any type of sensation that's related to having fun, that it must be at the expense of another player not having fun and getting very sad in the process.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- If everyone were on a completely level playing field and any type of mechanisms that enabled competition were eliminated then I think that everyone here would be much happier and we could focus on the purity of the game. This could bring on a great sense of nostalgia and help us remember those great times when we were kids playing stick ball in the sand lot at the end of the street. There was no score keeping, it wasn't about who was better, it was just about being happy and playing the game that we love amongst good friends.