Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby jimboston on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 pm

nietzsche wrote:
jimboston wrote:What are you guys all talking about?

Football hasn't started yet... they're just in the pre-season right now.

hey look, another genius pointing out that football is different in the US.

how many have been? 3242? 3243?

I actually have done it myself in this same thread 4-5 times.

It's always fun to get a 'rise' out of you diehard soccer fans.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Royal Panda on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:52 am

jimboston wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

A good 'rise' that, just a bunch of bored people wondering when/if you'll ever get a life... never mind!

On a more or less unrelated topic, I had good fun teaching some idiots on twitter about word origins, when they had a go at me for using the word soccer (can I not use what words I want?)... As I pointed out, it's an English word short for Association Football that is in the same vein as Ruggers, popularised by the captain of the England football team in the 1890s :-) just an extremely posh way of saying football! Very Oxford.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby jimboston on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 am

Pander88uk wrote:

On a more or less unrelated topic, I had good fun teaching some idiots on twitter about word origins, when they had a go at me for using the word soccer (can I not use what words I want?)... As I pointed out, it's an English word short for Association Football that is in the same vein as Ruggers, popularised by the captain of the England football team in the 1890s :-) just an extremely posh way of saying football! Very Oxford.

So what you're saying is that we Americans who call this sport Soccer are much more sophisticated than the rabble that calls it Football.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Pirlo on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 am

jimboston wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

I'd call your shitty game "bodyball" as you are allowed to use any part. not to mention how violent and shit it gets. probably the only place where you can kill somebody and get away with it is your bodyball field!
Captain Pirlo

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 am

Lol, when's the last time someone died playing American football?

If anything, the amount of padding they wear would make a rugby player laugh in their face.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Sniper08 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am

guys dont feed the troll

Modric completes Real move

its offical modric is on his way to Real for Ā£33 mil pound
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am

Sniper08 wrote:guys dont feed the troll

now i guess kaka will move to milan, and the lilywhites will buy big...

otherwise, in france I can't believe how marseille my team is first after winning the fist 3 games, when we sold the whole squad during the summer... and paris still hasn't won a game after spending... 140 millions in recruitment!!! ancelotti sucks.
Major betiko

Postby CBlake on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 am

What do you boys think of dempsey probably heading to liverpool?
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Postby Pirlo on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 pm

betiko wrote:

otherwise, in france I can't believe how marseille my team is first after winning the fist 3 games, when we sold the whole squad during the summer... and paris still hasn't won a game after spending... 140 millions in recruitment!!! ancelotti sucks.

Ancelotti doesn't. his record is brilliant, with both Milan and Chelsea! I think it's pretty hard to bring the best out a newly gathered group of stars. Real Madrid suffered the same experience twice when they gathered their first and second galactica IMO
Captain Pirlo

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm

CBlake wrote:What do you boys think of dempsey probably heading to liverpool?

Leaving a decent team to a shit team. :D
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby maxfaraday on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:

Ancelotti doesn't. his record is brilliant, with both Milan and Chelsea! I think it's pretty hard to bring the best out a newly gathered group of stars. Real Madrid suffered the same experience twice when they gathered their first and second galactica IMO

Don't try to reason with a Marseille supporter, Marseille and Paris HATE each other, if you go to Marseille with a PSG jersey you have about 10 minutes left to live.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:33 am

jimboston wrote:
Pander88uk wrote:

So what you're saying is that we Americans who call this sport Soccer are much more sophisticated than the rabble that calls it Football.

Correct! Football has been a working-class sport up until recently, thus to call it soccer would be somewhat inappropriate.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby tzor on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Lol, when's the last time someone died playing American football?

If anything, the amount of padding they wear would make a rugby player laugh in their face.

Actually many peolple argue that the padding is the problem. It leads to more full charging head on collisions. They seculate that a lot of the injuries would go away if they returned to leather helmits.
Cadet tzor

Postby nietzsche on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:03 pm

OLEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEE OLEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER IKEEEEEEEEEER

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Pirlo wrote:As usual, Barca's defense is terrible!

Come on Pirlo. I'm talking to a Barca supporter right now, and he's saying the last Liga was not won by RM, it was lost by Barca. How about some credit? RM made 100 points!
General nietzsche

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 pm

nietzsche wrote:

Come on Pirlo. I'm talking to a Barca supporter right now, and he's saying the last Liga was not won by RM, it was lost by Barca. How about some credit? RM made 100 points!

he's probably refering to that last season crucial classico in May or April... Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously. they still think Real Madrid = Real Sociedad! Where the f*ck is Dani Alves today? David Villa in 2nd half?
Captain Pirlo

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Pirlo wrote:Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously.

it doesnt matter what team they come up against they will play the same way all the time, they just dont know any other way. while i prefer barce over RM im always happy when they get beat cause they think they can just bulldoze their oppentents and not change tactics.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nietzsche on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

he's probably refering to that last season crucial classico in May or April... Barca still don't take their top opponents seriously. they still think Real Madrid = Real Sociedad! Where the f*ck is Dani Alves today? David Villa in 2nd half?

Alves was supposed to start but was replaced last minute because apparently he injured himself during warm up.

Barcelona was playing with 10, I think their options were limited.
General nietzsche

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Alves was supposed to start but was replaced last minute because apparently he injured himself during warm up.

limited? Tito replaced Alexis with a defender to avoid a big defeat. it was like he gave up with the least defeat possible. in 2nd half, Barcelona were so close to make it 2-2 and win, but Tito was still too scared to try. He could have used Villa instead of Song the shit (aka Tello). I think was wise to accept the defeat after the first 30 minutes show, but wasn't wise to keep it like that in last 20 minutes. should have switched his tactic IMO. that what Mourinho would have done, and almost always do, which explains why he's "The One!"
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

limited? Tito replaced Alexis with a defender to avoid a big defeat. it was like he gave up with the least defeat possible. in 2nd half, Barcelona were so close to make it 2-2 and win, but Tito was still too scared to try. He could have used Villa instead of Song the shit (aka Tello). I think was wise to accept the defeat after the first 30 minutes show, but wasn't wise to keep it like that in last 20 minutes. should have switched his tactic IMO. that what Mourinho would have done, and almost always do, which explains why he's "The One!"

I think you're asking too much.

Madrid had many chances, Tito must have been worried. Playing with 10 men they could've won, which IMO was thanks to the adjustments he made. I mean, at minute 28, after the red card I thought this was going to be a walk in the park, but it wasn't.

If Pedro scores that goal in which Iker made a great save... who knows if RM could've come back to tie the global. Barcelona has shown that, like Spain, doesn't need a 9 to score.

Maybe you are right, but I think Barcelona played well with 10 men.

Maybe instead of asking Tito more, you can ask Mascherano and Pique to be more attent at the defense.
General nietzsche

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:12 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

I think you're asking too much.

Madrid had many chances, Tito must have been worried. Playing with 10 men they could've won, which IMO was thanks to the adjustments he made. I mean, at minute 28, after the red card I thought this was going to be a walk in the park, but it wasn't.

If Pedro scores that goal in which Iker made a great save... who knows if RM could've come back to tie the global. Barcelona has shown that, like Spain, doesn't need a 9 to score.

Maybe you are right, but I think Barcelona played well with 10 men.

Maybe instead of asking Tito more, you can ask Mascherano and Pique to be more attent at the defense.

I believe if Mascherano and Pique made those mistakes in a Mourinho's team, they won't play again. Also, I think Messi's goal was the reason why Barca became solid in 2nd half while Real SWITCHED their tactic to a more conservative style in order to maintain the lead/victory. now this was my point in the previous post. Mourinho is a realistic man who shows respect to his opponent and try to play wisely. unlike Barca who think themselves superiors!
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Upon giving it a little more thought.. I guess Tito could've moved Busquets to play where Adriano was playing and leave Alexis in the pitch. But we can't know if with that move Madrid would've controlled the mid field.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:35 pm

In related news, Iniesta finally recognized as the UEFA player of the year. Enhorabuena.
General nietzsche

Postby maxfaraday on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:37 pm

nietzsche wrote:In related news, Iniesta finally recognized as the UEFA player of the year. Enhorabuena.

He won nothing but the Copa del Rey...
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,