- The Suggestions forum is a splendid method for incubating community-generated ideas to improve the site. However, not all site updates pass through this mill, and sometimes this leads to changes which are not welcomed by all with equal enthusiasm. (The recent changes to the Game Finder with respect to tournaments is the most recent example.) Feedback prior to full rollout of such changes could smooth their entry into the world at large.
- Create a new forum called Proposals where new topics are created only by admins, describing future updates in detail. The community could then review and advise on these topics, hopefully casting light into areas not fully examined by those developing the updates.
- This could either be a top-level forum of its own, or a subforum of Announcements, or even a sub-forum of Suggestions, since that area already draws the attention of those interested in such things.
- This suggestion is in the same vein as Make CC API Updates Public, but goes further, as there are changes to the site that go beyond the API and affect more users than just scriptwrights.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- Updates to the site will be met with fewer cries of anguish and outrage and more shouts of praise and gratitude, improving the mood of all and sundry.