American Football

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9484
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: American Football

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

This is the type of betting I'm doing Mookster. Just a $5 buy in. Looking at it now... kind of like "wtf are these picks."

Image
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9484
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: American Football

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

Another flop I didn't expect this year. Justin Herbert. Everyone's been fawning over this guy for years, and I'll admit, he was good but just never great. 7 years in and the kid looks like a deer in headlights.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
mookiemcgee
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Northern CA

Re: American Football

Post by mookiemcgee »

DirtyDishSoap wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:16 pm This is the type of betting I'm doing Mookster. Just a $5 buy in. Looking at it now... kind of like "wtf are these picks."

Image
Ah ok, yeah that's exactly what i was suggesting just in season long at like $100 vs each week at $5 but in all the ways that matter it's the same and a whole lot better than trying to parlay things and take lines and traditional sports betting. In the one i do there are both weekly prizes and season long prizes but it's the same pick every single game format, just done online instead of on paper.

I'm just gonna copy you picks this week so we can complain/brag together after this weekend. I see at least 4 I probably would have taken the other side on but this will be a fun way to mix it up.

I own some Herbert RPA cards and somehow they haven't completely crashed yet but he's running out of excuses for sucking... though i will say he doesn't have a real receiver right now, Ladd has had moments of brilliance but defenses are taking him out of the calculous and the only thing left is throwing bombs to Johnston who is fast but really bad at catching.
WILLIAMS5232 wrote: as far as dukasaur goes, i had no idea you were so goofy. i mean, you hate your parents so much you'd wish they'd been shot? just move out bro.
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9484
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: American Football

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

The Herbert excuses need to stop when other teams are also suffering similar injuries and they just plug and play like nothing happened.

I think i know the 4 teams I see, but I have to pick upsets. See you next Tuesday, looking forward to our bitching session.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
ConfederateSS
Posts: 4645
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: American Football

Post by ConfederateSS »

------------LOOKS O.K...DDS..........Little tip.......You bet...Pick....THE LIONS......THEY LOSE.....YOU TAKE THE OTHER TEAM ....THEY WIN.......IF ONLY WE COULD TAKE THE CHRISTIANS ... :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9484
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: American Football

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

When I want Football pick advice from you is going to be the same day I acknowledge that General Lee is going to rise again and magically make America some ass backwards modern country.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
ConfederateSS
Posts: 4645
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: American Football

Post by ConfederateSS »

DirtyDishSoap wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:38 pm When I want Football pick advice from you is going to be the same day I acknowledge that General Lee is going to rise again and magically make America some ass backwards modern country.
----------GOODS NEWS DDS.......AMERICA(USA).......IS ALREADY AN A$$ BACKWARDS MODERN COUNTRY..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9484
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: American Football

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

For you, absolutely.

MOVING ON -

Of the picks I currently question.
Vegas vs Pats. Vegas just fell to the Chiefs, Pats might have just seen a revival in their season by beating the Bills. I find it unlikely because the Bills just find ways to lose games when the stakes are low.

Vikings vs Saints - I really have no faith in the Vikings. Not their offense at least. Saints, I'm still a believer in Shough, but after that beat down with ATLANTA?! Still, if I were to pick a 4-0 team to lose this week, it's this one.

Buffalo vs Rams. Both these teams need a win. Buffalo, to re emerge as the team to beat after the Pats made you look like a bunch of goobers (Looking at you J.A.) And America's super team that can't get their act together, the Rams. Neither can afford to lose, so tough pick but I have more faith in the Bills.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
mookiemcgee
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Northern CA

Re: American Football

Post by mookiemcgee »

Will Reichard is MVP of the NFC north right now lol. I similarly have little faith in the Vikings, but the defense is elite. I probably would have gone the other way, but I similarly need to pick at least a few upsets for the next few weeks at least and this one seems like as good as any.

Brock Bowers is a Napkin! Maybe the only one ever in the NFL? one team overperforming, one team underperforming I'm ok with picking the shittier team that's actually shown they are working effectively in the now. Their skill players are honestly top top notch too, they just have alot of holes in the not as sexy spots.

Rams have to win games, I would probably have picked them but both good teams kinda a coinflip... totally good with backing the best QB in 🏈

The other ones I'm less confidant in are falcons over baltimore... shorter week, baltimore is solid. And I know GB sucks, but division game against a backup QB with what at least should be a decent D. I might have opted for GB here idk.
WILLIAMS5232 wrote: as far as dukasaur goes, i had no idea you were so goofy. i mean, you hate your parents so much you'd wish they'd been shot? just move out bro.
Post Reply

Return to “Acceptable Content”