Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
11
55%
2 Week Day
2
10%
10 Day Day
5
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm

well whatever, if you don't want to you don't want to. how could he possibly punish us in another way? becoming undead insane culted unvoter?
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: J'vais vous montrer qui c'est Raoul
Medals: 168
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (32) Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 pm

It really doesn't matter what the paradox would do. We just know its bad and there's no reason to attempt it. If someone is willing to attempt it, then I am firmly against that. I would rather put my vote on someone else than agree to a lynch that would cause a paradox.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm

betiko wrote:well whatever, if you don't want to you don't want to. how could he possibly punish us in another way? becoming undead insane culted unvoter?


That or he could give us post restrictions, which thats hell if I ever did know it.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:27 pm

soundman wrote:
edocsil wrote:PCM. You are anti town, you death has been posted, and you were a night so we know it. However, I assume you will not be "dead" dead until we pass the day we were once at. I don't see how we can listen to anything you have to say for the rest of the game.

I thought we covered this. Night =\= scum.

I have another interpretation of the scene. In a traditional mafia game at LYLO by lynching town mafia would then kill that last needed town and win. Since we were at LYLO (theoretically) could it be that PCM is town and because we lynched him mafia made the final kill on the future Night 6?



um.. didnt we say that night does not necessarily mean scum? Because I can prove that all nights arent scum (after reading my role pm again.. wish I had earlier..)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 86
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (6)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:48 pm

I can concur.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 pm

jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:+ what happens in case of paradox)


I don't think we should expirment what happens in a paradox; it could backfire horribly and in Dr. Who - paradoxes are bad.


do you really think doom would kill all voters??? that would be terribly ballanced!! I really think only the hammer could get into trouble. is there any strange role that can switch voter orrder?


Not, that I'm aware of but in Dr. Who paradoxes often mean the end of the universe as the impossible is happening which ofteNBOOM!!n means


This is not Dr Who. You can talk time paradox all you want but there is only a finite number of possibles in how it would effect our game. The one that comes to mind is death to a player. I am one of those who will touch something that has a wet paint sign on it.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Well personally I am a bit for and against it. Because we know who day 1 and 2 are, so technically if one of us volunteered to be lynched (should PCM turn out to be town) could we just lynch me (lynching vodean may cause gregwolf to still be here) and then technically it would go to day 2 and then PCM would be alive, scum (greg) would be dead, and I would be dead. I think what is coming into vision is that we must find (since Day 6 was lylo, therefore last day) Night 6 and lynch them last, and they will likely be scum and then that will have put the entire thing together from Day 1 to Night 6 and town should win. Right?

Kanin Usagi wrote:It really doesn't matter what the paradox would do. We just know its bad and there's no reason to attempt it. If someone is willing to attempt it, then I am firmly against that. I would rather put my vote on someone else than agree to a lynch that would cause a paradox.


FOS. We dont KNOW anything for sure. It could technically be the only way to kill players we suspect to be mafia that are past day 1.
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 pm

I like the thought, but I doubt the scum will be night 6 because then the game would technically be over and we would have lynched the wrong person right? Correct me if Im wrong.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:26 pm

new guy1 wrote:I like the thought, but I doubt the scum will be night 6 because then the game would technically be over and we would have lynched the wrong person right? Correct me if Im wrong.


Well technically, Day 6 was called LYLO? So then there are 3 possible things that I can currently think of.

1. Night 6 is mafia and ultimately we must lynch them in the end to end the time jumps (or effectively win the game in whatever way we must do so).
2. Night 6 is actually town and thats why there was a ? at the end of LYLO in that title.
3. Im just completely crazy and should shut up.
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am

ghostly447 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I like the thought, but I doubt the scum will be night 6 because then the game would technically be over and we would have lynched the wrong person right? Correct me if Im wrong.


Well technically, Day 6 was called LYLO? So then there are 3 possible things that I can currently think of.

1. Night 6 is mafia and ultimately we must lynch them in the end to end the time jumps (or effectively win the game in whatever way we must do so).
2. Night 6 is actually town and thats why there was a ? at the end of LYLO in that title.
3. Im just completely crazy and should shut up.


I think you're reading too much into the question mark. I'd say Day Seven is the latest time in the game we have. And I'm still against paradox testing.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:30 pm

OK we lynched Greg, who was mafia and we went immediately into day 6 the assumption being he was night 5.

We lynched PCM and instead of dying we are day two.

We have not had a night and this is our third day.
We have been told that to lynch PCM again would create a paradox, whose consequences are unknown but not good.

At this point of the game it is almost impossible to surmise who is who other then blind luck and scum tells.

I suspect that PCM was saved either because it was built into his role or mafia had a way to prevent it IF indeed he is mafia.

On the third day all we are really doing is spinning our wheels and going wtf happened. Re lynching PCM appears not to be an option.

I am of the opinion that we should claim our role names/day/ numbers. We can start from there and if anyone false claims they will be called on it.

Anyone else have any ideas?
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby new guy1 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

I for one am for iron butterfly's idea, but I am also against it because I always hate mass claims, as it ruins the spirit of the game...
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 pm

new guy1 wrote:I for one am for iron butterfly's idea, but I am also against it because I always hate mass claims, as it ruins the spirit of the game...


I agree with you. However it is either that or we will be random lynching.

Also it is a name claim not a role claim.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 pm

i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: J'vais vous montrer qui c'est Raoul
Medals: 168
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (32) Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 pm

betiko wrote:Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.


I agree with this. If we give out our D/N numbers then Maf can easily give us back-to-back nights. If we don't claim then they have to take a chance for another day each kill attempt.
There's no real benefit to claiming and a lot of harm can come from it.
User avatar
Sergeant Nendreel
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:31 pm

betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.


So the what idea do you have other then guessing?
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.


So the what idea do you have other then guessing?


Good ol' scumhuntig
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.


So the what idea do you have other then guessing?


let me put it another way. Didn't you get a scum on day 1? do we think pcm was a misslynch? what good would it bring to have mafia knowing all the day and night sequences? What good night roles do we have out there?? As far as I know, I haven't seen any night role. I stay on NOS who seem far from his meta in my opinion.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: J'vais vous montrer qui c'est Raoul
Medals: 168
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (32) Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:09 pm

betiko wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.


So the what idea do you have other then guessing?


let me put it another way. Didn't you get a scum on day 1? do we think pcm was a misslynch? what good would it bring to have mafia knowing all the day and night sequences? What good night roles do we have out there?? As far as I know, I haven't seen any night role. I stay on NOS who seem far from his meta in my opinion.


Day one was pure luck because of inexperience on his part.

So tell me how do you think the day and night sequences work? If we are in day because PCM is night then the only way to kill PCM would be because we either have a role that can night kill or we need to....wait for it...wait...GO BACK TO THE FUTUREEEE!!!
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.


So the what idea do you have other then guessing?


let me put it another way. Didn't you get a scum on day 1? do we think pcm was a misslynch? what good would it bring to have mafia knowing all the day and night sequences? What good night roles do we have out there?? As far as I know, I haven't seen any night role. I stay on NOS who seem far from his meta in my opinion.


Day one was pure luck because of inexperience on his part.

So tell me how do you think the day and night sequences work? If we are in day because PCM is night then the only way to kill PCM would be because we either have a role that can night kill or we need to....wait for it...wait...GO BACK TO THE FUTUREEEE!!!


I think the only way to kill pcm is for us to lynch N6 or D7, and hopefully he will stay dead.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.


So the what idea do you have other then guessing?


let me put it another way. Didn't you get a scum on day 1? do we think pcm was a misslynch? what good would it bring to have mafia knowing all the day and night sequences? What good night roles do we have out there?? As far as I know, I haven't seen any night role. I stay on NOS who seem far from his meta in my opinion.


Day one was pure luck because of inexperience on his part.

So tell me how do you think the day and night sequences work? If we are in day because PCM is night then the only way to kill PCM would be because we either have a role that can night kill or we need to....wait for it...wait...GO BACK TO THE FUTUREEEE!!!


I think the only way to kill pcm is for us to lynch N6 or D7, and hopefully he will stay dead.


I suspect the only way for permanent deaths is to fill in all the in between days.

GW got lynched on Day 1. Since there's no point in time before Day 1 GW is perma-lynched.
PCM got lynched Day 6, so he's alive and protected for Days/Nights 1-5.
Whoever gets lynched today will be perma-lynched as well (with the exception of making a N1 action if they have one)
User avatar
Sergeant Nendreel
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Nendreel wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.


So the what idea do you have other then guessing?


let me put it another way. Didn't you get a scum on day 1? do we think pcm was a misslynch? what good would it bring to have mafia knowing all the day and night sequences? What good night roles do we have out there?? As far as I know, I haven't seen any night role. I stay on NOS who seem far from his meta in my opinion.


Day one was pure luck because of inexperience on his part.

So tell me how do you think the day and night sequences work? If we are in day because PCM is night then the only way to kill PCM would be because we either have a role that can night kill or we need to....wait for it...wait...GO BACK TO THE FUTUREEEE!!!


I think the only way to kill pcm is for us to lynch N6 or D7, and hopefully he will stay dead.


I suspect the only way for permanent deaths is to fill in all the in between days.

GW got lynched on Day 1. Since there's no point in time before Day 1 GW is perma-lynched.
PCM got lynched Day 6, so he's alive and protected for Days/Nights 1-5.
Whoever gets lynched today will be perma-lynched as well (with the exception of making a N1 action if they have one)


of course it goes like that, at least it's what makes sense to me. if we kill night 6 today, we will be warped to day 7 and PCM will be dead that day. but then on day 7 if we lynch let's say day 4, we get warped to night 4 where PCM is back and he gets to do his politician action. Lynched/night killed people should always come back on day/nights before their kill and disapear if we go somewhere in time after their death.
This still doesn't solve my doubt. We have played 3 days so far (1,6,2) and we know that these are vodean, iron and ghostly in this order. If vodean is killed today for example, where in time would we go.. night 2? or night1? PCM is alive right now so night 1 still exists at this time. Would be a different story if we were say 7 where PCM wouldn't be in the game......
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: J'vais vous montrer qui c'est Raoul
Medals: 168
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (32) Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:07 pm

I do not see how the game can be played that way. I am day six. I find it hard to believe that I can be lynched or nite killed but still come back before day 6.

Town could be night..some would have to be. Right now the theory is still based on circumstantial evidence. We do not know if mafia did something to save PCM, which is also a possibility.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby jonty125 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:56 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:I do not see how the game can be played that way. I am day six. I find it hard to believe that I can be lynched or nite killed but still come back before day 6.

Town could be night..some would have to be. Right now the theory is still based on circumstantial evidence. We do not know if mafia did something to save PCM, which is also a possibility.


Hmm, but the thing is he got lynched and we warped. Its not like there was a governor who stopped a lynch or a mafia doctor saving his comrade.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:I do not see how the game can be played that way. I am day six. I find it hard to believe that I can be lynched or nite killed but still come back before day 6.

Town could be night..some would have to be. Right now the theory is still based on circumstantial evidence. We do not know if mafia did something to save PCM, which is also a possibility.



well, i think your comments are starting to be all quite odd, I wonder why you are trying to missguide us like that. Doom clearly said it would create a paradox implicitely confirming this theory is correct. You've aknoledged that (wanting to try the paradox) and suddenly since a page or 2 you are playing dumb as if someone had to save pcm in order for him to be alive before his death... :?

tell me how it would create a paradox if it was just a simple mechanics game. Do you see anything in the scene that could make you believe pcm was saved by someone??

And of course all town are not days, some have to be "night" (this has been agreed a long time ago.. there isn't going to be 7 town and 6 scums, and it would be way too simple in case of mass nameclaim) but i don't see what it has to do with the rest of this kill/paradox conversation. NOS and NG1 softclaimed night by the way which is a huge help for scums.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: J'vais vous montrer qui c'est Raoul
Medals: 168
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (32) Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login