Removing players

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Removing players

Postby Just_essence on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 pm

I guess it is true that the most recent atrocities have the most impact on emotions.
Private Just_essence
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Medals: 1
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Removing players

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 am

Just_essence wrote:I guess it is true that the most recent atrocities have the most impact on emotions.

or who has the most powerful lobby ie. hollywood
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Removing players

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 am

qwert wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
qwert wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:they glorify nazi;s, but you have no problem with that?

I told qwert that having bad taste or being an idiot is not a punnishable offense. With these i am on the fense though. Why would any sane person pick these names unless he was trying to aggrevate someone else?

I disagree that they are glorifying nazi's. If they are, shouldn't Osama's name be changed as well? (I don't actually believe this, just using it as a counter example).


Blake, these name its not come from head suddenly,, you need to have knowledge about these .
Nobody can accidental put these names , if you dont know what they represent.

Its will be good that each person who have these name give some valid reason why they need to have these names here in CC.
Just simple question " Why you want to create username Adolf Hitler?"

Can you give any normal reason why these name need to stay in CC?

Can you give me any normal reason why your name needs to stay in CC? I'm not saying that the name is necessary, I'm saying it shouldn't be a problem. I understand the history, and I'm not saying that there weren't hardships faced due to these leaders. I'm simply saying that their image or their name is not in itself bigoted.


i dont have any normal reason why mine names need to stay in CC, well i even dont know what QWERT means. If someone report mine name like offensive, with logical explanation,then i will change imediatly.
But im aware what Adolf Hitler means, and you act like you are not mod, like you dont read CC forum rules?
Somehow i feel that you try to defend these, for what reason i dont know? What more fact and explanation you need so that these name be removed from CC? Are CC policy change when El_Jefe come here?

The last time I checked, there wasn't a rule against offending you, or any certain user. The rules are clearly defined on what they prohibit, and historical figures are unmentioned (Yes, all of the above mentioned are historical figures). Images of the aforementioned historical on their own do not violate the rules.

The main point I'm trying to make is there is no need to prove a name innocent. The requirement is to prove it guilty (in violation of the rules). Unless there is bigoted speech in the username, then that rule is not violated (a reference to a tragedy alone is not bigoted speech.

If you need another example, let's try to broaden the scope a bit. An example of a bigoted remark "Jews are no good money grubbing blah blah blah" and "Jewish people are commonly associated with the stereotype of being tight with their money". You see the difference? The first sample has a negative connotation to it. That's the part that sets things apart. For example, "Hitler was responsible for the deaths of a massive amount of Jews" is simply a factual statement, no bigotry. However if you add a negative connotation "Hitler caused the deaths of a massive amount of Jews as a service to this world". You see the difference? The first sample doesn't have a negative connotation, and is therefore simply facts. The second has a negative connotation, and while it contains a fact, is still bigoted.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager
 
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Removing players

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 am

Dukasaur wrote:What about Genghis Khan? What about Shaka Zulu? What about Pierre Trudeau? Should everyone named after an evil dictator be banned? Come on!

who say that people need to be banned? Just change of name and avatar.

Ok, so i conclude next
ADOLF HITLER avatar and name are not forbiden to use in CC
WAFFEN SS DEAD-avatar and name also not forbiden for use
EINSATZGRUPPEN- also not forbiden for use in CC
USE OF SWASTIKA AVATAR-also not forbiden for use in CC
------------------------------------------------
these its all free to use, as long people who hold these ,dont say nothing in favor of NAzi?
These its insane rules, but if everybody accept these, then mine battle its over in these case, i dont like these , but i can not change these.
now you can lock these topic. I get what i deserved.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: Removing players

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 am

greenoaks wrote:
Just_essence wrote:Not sure if trolling...

just a little bit :D

the difference i see between nazis and others is as i stated. everyone else is ok to use, even our new administrator has a terrorist as his av.


Leave BMO out of this!

This has always been a troublesome issue from a moderation aspect. I will repeat, for clarity's sake, that there are no outright blanket bans. Cases are evaluated individually by context, but it just so happens that more often than not, the context isn't appropriate. So while there might be a rate of banned avatars/icons near 100% when looking at Swastikas, it isn't because we're banning all Swastikas, but it just happens to be that all Swastikas have been banned thus far (to take an example from another thread/issue).

It is important to understand that key concept when talking about the matter.

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Removing players

Postby Jippd on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm

I think banning people or making them change user names or avatars is silly.
User avatar
Colonel Jippd
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Removing players

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Jippd wrote:I think banning people or making them change user names or avatars is silly.

considering people get banned for behavious, of which their avatar is a small proponant, your statement is untrue too.
I guess some people find it silly to ban people who pay for multiple accounts (and play them) also silly, certainly from a commercial point of view.. I for one am glad they do
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Removing players

Postby Jippd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:09 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
Jippd wrote:I think banning people or making them change user names or avatars is silly.

considering people get banned for behavious, of which their avatar is a small proponant, your statement is untrue too.
I guess some people find it silly to ban people who pay for multiple accounts (and play them) also silly, certainly from a commercial point of view.. I for one am glad they do


How do you know my personal opinion? If I think something is silly then I think it is silly. You can't say it is untrue because they are my thoughts and I know that it is in fact true.

Multi's and having "offensive" user names or passwords are not the same thing in my opinion.

The problem with deciding to ban or make "A" or "B" change something because they are "offensive" to "Z" "X" and "Y" is the subjective reasoning that is included in the matter.

The problem for me is where the line will be drawn and the overall need (in my opinion) to limit subjective reasoning in banning or "punishing" paying customers.
User avatar
Colonel Jippd
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Removing players

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Try to stay on topic without clouding the issue. The question was whether it was possible to ban people. It has been clarified that there is no blanked ban for having a "Silly" name or avatar, but that people who tend to get banned, get banned for their behaviour more then just a silly name or avatar.
The overal rule being use common sense and dont be intentionally annoying.
If you are realy out to discuss your feelings on the subject, i suggest you take it out on GD. If you want i can split this topic, or shadow it so there is some foundation on which to discuss further.
But again, there is no banning for just having an avatar.
I think people who think that because gravity is not in the bible, it does not excist. I dont even know if there are such people, but i find them silly anyways. Can you see where this is going? It has no relevance, but it is misleading if read without context
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Removing players

Postby Lord Thalinor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Can someone be removed for being a bad sportsman? For accusing people of cheating based on the sole fact that he was the first person eliminated in a 3 person game?

If so I need to submit a name of a player to be removed.

I'm new here and up until this point I've been enjoying the games. I would have recommended this site to friends, especially those who enjoy a good game of Risk.

Not any longer. I am even considering leaving myself.
Cook Lord Thalinor
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:21 pm
Medals: 1
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Removing players

Postby Just_essence on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 pm

I assume you have FAMOed?
Private Just_essence
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Medals: 1
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Removing players

Postby Seamus76 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Sorry, I'm commenting a little late, and possibly a little back off topic, but as a Jew, and as human being, I would be a little shocked and offended if Adolf Hitler, or some other racist jackass joined a public game I set up.

Everyone keeps mentioning censorship, case by case basis, and common sense, but isn't it common sense that there is no good reason for any player to have that user name, or even some of the others that qwert mentioned? I'm all about freedom of speech, etc., but when I tried to make a map based on bin Laden's compound it was immediately locked and taken down as being a potential flame to some players. While I didn't like the way it all went down, I certainly understood that even if one player was offended it probably wasn't a good idea.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain Seamus76
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Medals: 97
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (28) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (2)

Re: Removing players

Postby Oneyed on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 am

I agree that it is hard to say which names are "bad" and which no. and I like that this site is "democratic". if anybody does not like any name he can add this player to Foe list...

Seamus76 wrote:Sorry, I'm commenting a little late, and possibly a little back off topic, but as a Jew, and as human being, I would be a little shocked and offended if Adolf Hitler, or some other racist jackass joined a public game I set up.


could you specify which names are offensive? each nation, each culture, each religion have different opinion on this. what about Stalin, Pol Pot, Menachem Begin, Bin Laden, Mao Tse-tung, Andreas Baader, Ante Pavelic, Sadam Husein... there could be more as 100 names.
Seamus76 wrote:...even if one player was offended it probably wasn't a good idea.


I am afraid that in this case there will be no maps, no players, no CC :D

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Removing players

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:17 am

Seamus76 wrote:Sorry, I'm commenting a little late, and possibly a little back off topic, but as a Jew, and as human being, I would be a little shocked and offended if Adolf Hitler, or some other racist jackass joined a public game I set up.

Everyone keeps mentioning censorship, case by case basis, and common sense, but isn't it common sense that there is no good reason for any player to have that user name, or even some of the others that qwert mentioned? I'm all about freedom of speech, etc., but when I tried to make a map based on bin Laden's compound it was immediately locked and taken down as being a potential flame to some players. While I didn't like the way it all went down, I certainly understood that even if one player was offended it probably wasn't a good idea.

i thought they took it down because of how recent the event was, yes i know that means that some bin laden supporters could be offended by it. the reasons are similar yet a little different.

i am not a bin laden supporter yet was offended by the map idea much like i would of a map of anyone recently departed. a map of jack the ripper i would like to see. it's a time elapsed thing.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Removing players

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:38 am

Seamus76 wrote:Sorry, I'm commenting a little late, and possibly a little back off topic, but as a Jew, and as human being, I would be a little shocked and offended if Adolf Hitler, or some other racist jackass joined a public game I set up.

Everyone keeps mentioning censorship, case by case basis, and common sense, but isn't it common sense that there is no good reason for any player to have that user name, or even some of the others that qwert mentioned? I'm all about freedom of speech, etc., but when I tried to make a map based on bin Laden's compound it was immediately locked and taken down as being a potential flame to some players. While I didn't like the way it all went down, I certainly understood that even if one player was offended it probably wasn't a good idea.



Unfortunatly some people manage to find loophole in CC, and successfuly put NAzi names and avatars to be forever in CC.

Here i will give you just one example of many others:
One player put hes name to be Adolf Hitler, and hes avatar are Saluting Hitler in hes nazi uniforme, hes intention are very clear ,to provoke someone, and admins react, only in way to guested hem, and not remove name and avatar.
Maybe you will say " What the hell!, these entire profile need to be erase!" but these its not case, and player still provoke , because he its only guested and in the end Hitler are stay in CC.
Also you have many other who are not guested, and still member of CC with other nazi names, and even with swastika on hes avatar.
These its what i call Guested Loophole, people who only purpose are not to play CC games ,but to glorify NAzi, and guesting instead to be punishment, immortalized these players and give hem reward .
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Questions & Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TrafalgarLaw01 and 0 guests

Login